nice veg work
already in flower
only going to get more fun from here

peace

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 7 12/12 Update

Should have probably topped after 3rd node on each for less tops its really a bit crowded in there. They have doubled or more in height already in the first week for me. A couple taller than the others but nothing majorly different between seeds so far really.

The 6 Chem Cookies testers are all of the tent except the very far right side like a 6" wide strip is 3 OX clones. Not the best angles but the tent unzips funny so I cant get the greatest overall canopy shots unless I unzip the whole front.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Lol LyryC! I was kinda jello at first myself because I love me some Chem-but we actually all are testing some dank fire!

Looking muy bueno Bueno!

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
these wont be a great stretchers(the fem cookie hybrids) so keep that in mind you other testers if your looking for yield or need a stretch to fit your space

peace

Damn, its been 8 days of 12/12 so far and they have tripled in height, they are stretching tuff. Gained a good 3-4" in the last 24hrs. Yikes haha, glad I have extra head room.

Could be my lighting or environment but hopefully doesnt stretch a whole ton more they are some lanky SOBs right now. Very dense canopy with them all crammed in my tent though, no doubt competing for light right now.

Checking them out today they look like they are going to start budset here in the next few days. :woohoo:

Lol LyryC! I was kinda jello at first myself because I love me some Chem-but we actually all are testing some dank fire!

Looking muy bueno Bueno!

Hell ya man cant complain on any of the testers really. :dance013:

Clover growing in the top of the soil. This did cross my mind to do.

Love it

Do it up man. I actually am excited about the clover mulch, good stuff so far I can see a few good things from using it and none bad.

Build-A-Soil has a 15 seed cover crop mix I want to try out next run maybe, but that is a little pricey per lb but I bet its a nice mix of benefits with all the varietys combined.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
This is interesting because scotts lawn product deemed clover a weed back in the 1930 so they could start selling people fertilizer, when clover gives off nitrogen naturally. That's when I was thinking of adding clover to top soil. But I was wondering about fungus gnats and creating a safe haven for them?

I'm impressed. I would love to hear a bout you soil recipe too
Thanks for the great share

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is interesting because scotts lawn product deemed clover a weed back in the 1930 so they could start selling people fertilizer, when clover gives off nitrogen naturally. That's when I was thinking of adding clover to top soil. But I was wondering about fungus gnats and creating a safe haven for them?

I'm impressed. I would love to hear a bout you soil recipe too
Thanks for the great share

Ya, maybe clover is not as pretty for lawn to some who knows, definitely wouldnt doubt the conspiracy to sell fertilizer thing either. I believe Crimson Clover is a higher nitrogen fixer compared to the other clovers, I used New Zealand White Clover seeds I had bought just a little baggie of to try out now that I like it, next buy will be either the BAS 15 seed mix or some Crimson Clover (BAS 15 seed mix has Crimson and White Clovers included).

I like the idea of nitrogen fixing with the clover and also it keeps the top layer of soil moist and the roots help pull moisture up into the top layer to keep the pot more evenly moist and drys out more evenly too, digging it so far. The Azos I use at transplant is a nitrogen fixing bacteria and seems to work really well at transplant with a little myco, just a light dusting of each.

My soil mix is kind of weird that I did re-amended recycled soil and fresh bagged soil mixed. I needed more volume of medium and was kind of scared to go all recycled amended vs fresh so for this run it was:

5 gallon bucket packed full of recycled base soil mix (already had a real small amount of some high P guano and crab shell in it but mixed back together with other non-amended recycled soil too)
6 cups black gold ewc blend
8 cups worm power ewc
1 BAS Clackamas Cootz nutrient kit, sample size recommended for amending 1 cu ft fresh (unfertile) medium mix (~6+ cups of goodies)
4 cups coco coir
6 cups perlite

total re-amended recycled mix ~6.5 gallons
mixed with 1.5 cu ft bag FFOF

I had added the coco coir and perlite to aerate the mix, it had got a little flat/dense over the two cycles it was used before.

Mixed everything up well and wet that with some lacto b serum made according to the recipe posted by dank.frank. Good stuff, basically free to make, accelerates composting, and gets rid of foul odors. (The crustacean meal and neem meal stinks in the CC mix when mixed with moist soil to compost, I keep my soil indoors and it was quite stinky in the area until I added the lacto b and the smell just disappeared completely in the first day.) I let the mix "cook" for a good 4+ weeks before transplanting into it for this round.

The BAS Clackamas Cootz style nutrient kit (sample size) contains:

buildasoil.com Clackamas Cootz Style Nutrient Kit per 1 cubic ft (7.5gal)

Crustacean Meal @ 1/2 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Kelp Meal @ 1/2 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Neem Cake @ 1/4 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Karanja Cake @ 1/4 Cup Per Cubic Foot
Glacial Rock Dust @ 1/2? Cup Per Cubic Foot
Mineral Mix @ 4 Cups Per Cubic Foot (Brix Blend Basalt x 2, Gypsum x 1, Oyster x 1)

The sample was only $6 shipped so I figured I would give it a shot.

I already have next rounds mix "cooking" and its real similar/almost the same but a little more depleted recycled base soil, it will have about 2x the time to "cook" by the time I need it as the last batch. Heres the mix for next round.

~8 gallons used soil mix
8 cups perlite
6 cups coco
8 cups black gold ewc blend
8 cups worm power ewc
1 BAS cc sample kit

and wet with lacto b to cook, I havent mixed the fresh bag of FFOF with it yet, they are in seperate containers still for now.

After this and next run I will either keep re-amending small amounts per run of some ingredients and just continuing to recycle the batches seperately for perpetual cycles or possibly even mixing both batches together into a no till soil bed. Not sure if no till soil bed would be good for my small setup and needs for multi-strain flowering cycles to provide myself some variety in smoke. But I do plan to continue to recycle the mix several times so I dont have to buy $20 bags of FFOF with fungus gnats and root aphids included at times, and I will save money, have less pests (if any), AND have a better soil mix anyway after a few cycles.

I want to start my own worm bins soon too.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Nice BT.
I have to say your worse than me with being a org soil Nut.:biggrin:

Are you buying your soil amendment at (Build a soil) because they seem to carry a bunch of your items. Next run Im going to be doing a reuse of my soil to so always looking for great recipe. I agree with the gnats in the FFOF. I to still use it as a portion of my recipe.

Great post/share

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice BT.
I have to say your worse than me with being a org soil Nut.:biggrin:

Are you buying your soil amendment at (Build a soil) because they seem to carry a bunch of your items. Next run Im going to be doing a reuse of my soil to so always looking for great recipe. I agree with the gnats in the FFOF. I to still use it as a portion of my recipe.

Great post/share

Ya, I have really started to go off the deep end now into organics lol.

I had been growing organically for a few years and started to wonder if I was missing something better by not trying new things so I spent the last two runs trying different methods, lightly fertile organic soil with a bunch of bottled "organic" products and last run coco with synthetic nutes and the results confirmed to me I was on the right path already (quality wise of finished product) and now I am back to my old ways but now 100% organic soil mix with minimal inputs, with no bottles ever working on building an excellent soil mix to continue recycling.

Also started building more proper soil mixes which Im still going to improve on over time, made some lacto bacillus serum for accelerating composting of my re-amended soil mixes and making FPEs (which I havent started yet but plan to), started making and using occasional SSTs, experimenting with mulch both dead and living, and just bought 2000 (2lbs.) red worms today for starting my worm bins. :woohoo: I need to actually start brewing a couple more ACTs per cycle.

I think Im just about a full blown organic nerd now.

Ive bought a couple things from them, some can be had cheaper elsewhere but some are cheapest from BAS. I got the "ClackamasCoots" style nutrient kit (small size) and the worm power EWC (small size) from buildasoil. The $6 small size sample is an excellent value, hint hint. :tiphat:

The build a box thing is pretty cool too where you choose how many cups of each item you want with a set total cups volume and shipped price per box. They will split the items up into individual bags before boxing. I havent done that option yet but I will probably do the large flat rate build a box in the future when I decide what amendments Im going to use for continued re-amending of my soil mix each run. After the initial amendment of the soil it should only take small amounts to re-amend per cycle and a large box of amendments would probably last me a few years in my 6 sq ft garden.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Snapped a few pics last night when I was raising the lights up a bit and watering them a bit too. From the start of day 11 12/12. Ive had the red & blue LED bars turned off for the last week or more now until after the main stretch period is over, just running the 3000K warm white COBs.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And some pics of each of the 6 Chem D Cookies canopies more or less.

picture.php

picture.php

Mikenite69

Veteran
Looking freaking amazing! Wow those girl got pretty leggy I like it!

Also anyone worried about fungus gnats BT or mosquito dunks is your best friend. All you need to do is break a piece of the mosquito dunk break it up and sprinkle on the top of your medium try to cover it u don't need much. Within two weeks all gnats will be gone and a thing of the past.

I dealt with gnats for almost a year and tried everything on those little bastards and it seemed nothing worked. That was until I found out about mosquito dunks they are a amazing.

grouchy

Would running the cxa's and just the blues help minimize stretch during the first couple weeks then add the reds after stretch is over?

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Looking freaking amazing! Wow those girl got pretty leggy I like it!

Also anyone worried about fungus gnats BT or mosquito dunks is your best friend. All you need to do is break a piece of the mosquito dunk break it up and sprinkle on the top of your medium try to cover it u don't need much. Within two weeks all gnats will be gone and a thing of the past.

I dealt with gnats for almost a year and tried everything on those little bastards and it seemed nothing worked. That was until I found out about mosquito dunks they are a amazing.

I have a method for gnats that I have bin using for a bit. I take a clothes Iron and blast the outer top soil with steam. If you listen closely you can hear them screaming. Lol
Then I lay of the watering for stretch. Well it works and it sure is fun.

Fox farms promises 2lb of gnats in every 1LB of ocean forest.:biggrin:

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would running the cxa's and just the blues help minimize stretch during the first couple weeks then add the reds after stretch is over?

It would definitely help with some additional blue running during stretch but my reds and blues are all in one string on a single driver so its all or none.

One could design the lighting system with separate driver(s) for each spectrum used so you can switch your spectrums up for different growth stages. I just went cheap and easy on my red/blue driver I think it was $6 shipped from fasttech but its just a bare board driver, no casing.

I originally intended to run the red/blue bars during flower, post stretch, but ran them in veg and through stretch/flower last run to help increase stretch with short squat strains/minimal stretchers. I found I like the growth structure and vigor with the red/blue bars on during veg too after about 2-2.5 weeks from seed or so when they start to actually veg and take off. The reds seem to help encourage side branches to stretch up to a more even canopy and not sure whether its the blue or reds but they branch heavily with them on I have noticed. I think at some point I read something about deep red triggering a shade avoidance response in the plant.

grouchy

I read that as well. I am thinking about getting some blue "stretch busters" that I can turn on during that stage and not supplementing red at all. I am working with less headroom by far. Getting ready to order my drivers soon, life got in the way of my build lol.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 15 12/12 Update

Still stretching but should start to level out here soon I hope, seems to be starting bud set so shouldnt be long until we see some buds forming.

Not the best pics but will have to do for this update, hard to get good pics of the canopy with all the heatsinks and shit in the way. Wasnt sure which pics to upload so I just uploaded them all.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts