What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

commies

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
To be honest... No

I'm a fan of DeSantis now. I will follow through with an explanation when I get time.

To keep it brief, I'm very disappointed that Trump attacked DeSantis who I like. On top of that it's strategic, Trumps usefulness is coming to an end.
I'm sure you know this already but that seems to be the position a lot of the supporters of Trump are going in. Not to say that all who supported Trump have given up on him but many, like you really didn't like it when he basically put his supporters in a position of having to choose between him and DeSantis.

I'm not really a fan of DeSantis anymore then I was of Trump but I do have a bit more respect for him then I do Trump. If for no other reason then he is taking a higher road and focusing more on trying to be a Governor rather then sinking to Trump's level by taking the bait and coming back on Trump as openly and unprovoked as Trump has done with him. If he holds steady to how he's been behaving so far he's got a huge advantage to becoming the nominee for 2024 over pretty much anyone else. If he decides to run.

HempKat

Veteran
sad. as pitiful as they are, Dallas Cowboy fans root for their bois whether they are on a winning streak or not. i see loyalty is not a strong point...
To be fair though if you think of it in terms of the political agenda that DeSantis represents and Trump was supposed to represent, DeSantis has been more loyal to the MAGA crowd then Trump ever was. We all know now that Trump was only ever in it for himself, some of us knowing that a lot longer then others. Also when it comes to loyalty Trump hasn't really done much to earn it because we've all seen that with Trump loyalty is a one way street and the second anyone goes even slightly against Trump, he throws them under the bus. So to me it's no surprise the loyalty to Trump is fading.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm in no way saying I think DeSantis would be any better for this country then Trump. Just that I don't blame Trump's supporters for finally jumping ship before it drags then down as Trump sinks.

HempKat

Veteran
Isn't voting along party lines why Biden is president though? "Anyone but Trump!"

What's the difference between a democrat and republican doing the exact same thing?
No actually the reason Biden is President is because of the very large percentage of the electorate (including Progressives, Independents and yes even some Republicans, that voted against Trump. So yeah it was "Anyone but Trump" but it wasn't all just voting along party lines. If the only votes Biden got were democrats who truly saw him as an ideal candidate or were just voting along party lines then we would probably be well into a second term of Trump by now.

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Veteran
I'm not really a fan of DeSantis anymore then I was of Trump but I do have a bit more respect for him then I do Trump. If for no other reason then he is taking a higher road and focusing more on trying to be a Governor rather then sinking to Trump's level by taking the bait and coming back on Trump as openly and unprovoked as Trump has done with him. If he holds steady to how he's been behaving so far he's got a huge advantage to becoming the nominee for 2024 over pretty much anyone else. If he decides to run.
Some background

Reedy Creek will be news next year too.

Brother Nature

No actually the reason Biden is President is because of the very large percentage of the electorate (including Progressives, Independents and yes even some Republicans, that voted against Trump. So yeah it was "Anyone but Trump" but it wasn't all just voting along party lines. If the only votes Biden got were democrats who truly saw him as an ideal candidate or where just voting along party lines then we would probably be well into a second term of Trump by now.
Well, Jesus, thanks for simplifying American politics like that. You've summed it up in one post mate. Though, you could have done with a closing parenthesis, you know if you actually wanted to look like you are superior to the 'lessers' and have the knowledge on how to command the English language. To each his own though, who needs structure and syntax to convey their thoughts these days...

Boogie votes for his party cause their policies reflect what he wants, you do EXACTLY the same, yet you think you're better? Go jerk off to the NY Times opinion page mate, but don't foget the closing parenthesis. (8==D----=>...)

Oh and smoke some real weed, that hemp is softening you up.

h.h.

Veteran
Well, Jesus, thanks for simplifying American politics like that. You've summed it up in one post mate. Though, you could have done with a closing parenthesis, you know if you actually wanted to look like you are superior to the 'lessers' and have the knowledge on how to command the English language. To each his own though, who needs structure and syntax to convey their thoughts these days...

Boogie votes for his party cause their policies reflect what he wants, you do EXACTLY the same, yet you think you're better? Go jerk off to the NY Times opinion page mate, but don't foget the closing parenthesis. (8==D----=>...)

You don’t know “real” weed or American politics.

HempKat

Veteran

Oh Jesus H Christ, a freaking grammar and syntax Nazi. Is that the best you got? So I forgot a closing parenthesis, it's a pot site, people make grammar and syntax mistakes all the time. You made some too but I'm not going to be a desperate tool and point it out.

Instead I'll talk about your misconception that the way I did my post was me trying to "look like you are superior to the 'lessers'..." If you think of yourself and others here as lessers or that my posts somehow make me seem superior, that's all on you cupcake.

Where did I say I think I'm better because of how I vote? I don't think I'm better, I just think me and Boogie prioritize things differently when it comes to how we vote. Oh and I rarely vote because my party has policies that reflect exactly what I want. I don't vote along party lines. I vote for the candidate that convinces me they are the best person for the job. I did vote for Clinton in 2016 but not because I thought she would give me exactly what I want. I voted for her because she at least is halfway competent at getting things done in Washington. Trump was a failed businessman who didn't have clue one politically. He even screwed up the first thing he did which was an executive order to impose a Muslim ban. Not only did he fail at it out of the gate but two more times after his first one got shut down.

HempKat

Veteran
Some background

Reedy Creek will be news next year too.
Oh I'm sure a lot of dirt will be coming out on DeSantis if he runs, if nobody else Trump will see to that since he has no loyalty to and party or nominee, just to himself and his ego. When I say I got a bit more respect for him then I do Trump keep in mind that Trump has the bar so low virtually anyone could garner more respect.

Absolem

To be honest... No

I'm a fan of DeSantis now. I will follow through with an explanation when I get time.

To keep it brief, I'm very disappointed that Trump attacked DeSantis who I like. On top of that it's strategic, Trumps usefulness is coming to an end.
Hey Boogie.

Thanks for the reply. I know we have had our disagreements but I always found you to be genuine. After the 2020 election you never claimed Trump lost to "voter fraud". I respect that.

DeSanits is the one GOP candidate who I hope doesn't get the nomination. Think he's a formidable candidate in 2024.

Brother Nature

Oh Jesus H Christ, a freaking grammar and syntax Nazi. Is that the best you got? So I forgot a closing parenthesis, it's a pot site, people make grammar and syntax mistakes all the time. You made some too but I'm not going to be a desperate tool and point it out.

Instead I'll talk about your misconception that the way I did my post was me trying to "look like you are superior to the 'lessers'..." If you think of yourself and others here as lessers or that my posts somehow make me seem superior, that's all on you cupcake.

Where did I say I think I'm better because of how I vote? I don't think I'm better, I just think me and Boogie prioritize things differently when it comes to how we vote. Oh and I rarely vote because my party has policies that reflect exactly what I want. I don't vote along party lines. I vote for the candidate that convinces me they are the best person for the job. I did vote for Clinton in 2016 but not because I thought she would give me exactly what I want. I voted for her because she at least is halfway competent at getting things done in Washington. Trump was a failed businessman who didn't have clue one politically. He even screwed up the first thing he did which was an executive order to impose a Muslim ban. Not only did he fail at it out of the gate but two more times after his first one got shut down.
It’s Jesus H. Christ… I believe the H stands for Herbert so you need a . after it.. 😁

HempKat

Veteran
It’s Jesus H. Christ… I believe the H stands for Herbert so you need a . after it.. 😁
Well I believe it's just a letter put in between Jesus and Christ so people can feel like they're not taking the Lord's name in vain and in that context it doesn't need a "."

But hey, if putting a "." after the H gives you the warm fuzzies and makes you think you're superior to people for pointing out grammar errors based on nothing but your personal opinions then you just keep right on doing it cupcake, whatever floats your boat. Oh and I purposely didn't capitalize your nickname, grammar Nazis don't rate having their names properly recognized grammatically.

audiohi

Veteran
I'm very curious to see how this Reedy Creek dissolution works out for him.

Florida Lawmakers Reportedly Backtracking On Punishing Disney After Iger Reinstated​

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alison...disney-after-iger-reinstated/?sh=289a328c29ef

Florida lawmakers are drafting legislation to stop the special district governing Walt Disney World from being dissolved—after the lawmakers were the ones who ordered that dissolution in the first place

lol.

hey Disney... the election's over. sorry about all that crazy talk. you guys know we never meant any of it, right?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Disney should abandon Florida, and build elsewhere. somewhere a better fit for them and their concerns. outside of Atlanta perhaps? a hell of a lot of tourists stopping short of the Fla. line would impact the state somewhat, i think. DeSantis might want to think more, talk less.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
FB_IMG_1685963669630.jpg

FB_IMG_1685963677180.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts