What's new

commercial vs home grown

HUGE

Veteran
I really want to smack some people sometimes. Has anyone her had people complain that homegrown buds don't look right because they haven't. Been vacume sealed and smuggled in a car tire. "That weed looks funny" is said about glorious sour bubble nugs. That same weed is but into a sandwich baggie and kept in a pocket for a week the same person says "wow that looks dank". I really really want to smack these people sometimes. Same people that will pay 400$ a zip if it's called kush or og even though it is completely different than the "kush" or og that the guy had last month.

Someone make me feel better about myself and restore my faith in humanity.

sso

Veteran
wait, an old line is coming into mind, yeah, its horrible, practically biblical.

"ye shall know them by the fucking company they keep."

sso

Veteran
now if you are going into business, knowing those people is great.

"a sucker is born every minute."

edit : yes i think thats from the bible too. :)

HUGE

Veteran
wait, an old line is coming into mind, yeah, its horrible, practically biblical.

"ye shall know them by the fucking company they keep."

Very true. He is definitely what you would call a sucer but I have known Tue kid since grade school. He is dumb but honest and helpfull and kind. Here is a glimpse into Tue mind of this fellow. He spends 300 on a cheapo light ballast setup and a homemade bubble bucket. Then dumps 600$ on the full "yellow bottles" note line because the guy at the store said he will double his yield. Well he experienced total crop failure after about 2 months and switched to organic soil because he was told it was easier.

sso

Veteran
Very true. He is definitely what you would call a sucer but I have known Tue kid since grade school. He is dumb but honest and helpfull and kind. Here is a glimpse into Tue mind of this fellow. He spends 300 on a cheapo light ballast setup and a homemade bubble bucket. Then dumps 600$ on the full "yellow bottles" note line because the guy at the store said he will double his yield. Well he experienced total crop failure after about 2 months and switched to organic soil because he was told it was easier.

yeah, thats a totally different matter.

honest, helpful and kind, qualities id pick for a friend or family Any day over intelligent. (Actually, being kind, honest and helpful, makes you smart in my book, and we are all stupid in some area.)

ya shall indeed know them by the company they keep and it sounds like you are fine indeed. :)

S

Sat X RB

yeah ... I agree ... sort of ...

one thing good that's come out of the flood of commercial hydro here in Oz is that nowadays people have an idea of "commercial standard".

before the scene became mainly hydro ... well, it coulda been any old shit you were buying ...

cheers!

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so whats this funny stuff look like?

not to be a dick but a bag of tahoe og will be different than valley og.... different smells tastes feels....

sso

Veteran
looks like a strain i have (currently only in seedform.)

hows that stuff smell? (mine smelled like old sportsocks.)

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
If you've been buying commercial your whole life, homegrown DOES look weird the first time you see it.
Workaholics- "The stuff Karl gives us has a bunch of stems in it. How do we know this even comes from a plant? Looks like you made it in a Creepy Crawler machine."
karlhair.png

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
did he see some dried flowers or was it just live plants?
maybe hes not used to seeing fruit on the vine with all of its dressings and what not...

or maybe hes just used to cheap sats trucked over international borders...
sats have a way different look than heavy indica buds such as sourbubble

idk about your friend though
organics is not easy... i mean it is, to do, but to have it come out stellar... ehhhhhhh. not so easy.

HUGE

Veteran
looks like a strain i have (currently only in seedform.)

hows that stuff smell? (mine smelled like old sportsocks.)

It's got its own stench to it. Best I can put in words sour lime armpit funk. It's from the SB bx3/4

bowzer

maybe you arent curing long enough?? Another week in your jar instead of the bag might give it that dank before you give to him. just a thought...

B

BasementGrower

some people dont know what to look for in good bud honestly.. they think smell and if they see crystalls there good.. most people ive delt with honestly. rather me sell them super dry buds that were not cured just let hang dry for 10 -12 days and then trim .. and serve.. and thats the best bud they ever smoked hands down.. but most of the people who know what there talking abuot and know good buds. will be able to tell if it was cured properly or not.. iuno.. before i got serious about this business i used to sell non cured to the people who liked crumbly weed .. and cured weed to the people like me ! lol sorry to rant. but i went threw the same thing.. kid bought a quarter complained about the buds being wierd then next week same bud same everything just put a different name on it to see if he knew his shit or not... nope.. he says its the best of the best and he only wants that stuff.. wen i tell him its the same as before hes shocked and doesnt believe me. thinks its gotta be different cause he got retarded off it the second time cause he worked himself up.

HUGE

Veteran
did he see some dried flowers or was it just live plants?
maybe hes not used to seeing fruit on the vine with all of its dressings and what not...

or maybe hes just used to cheap sats trucked over international borders...
sats have a way different look than heavy indica buds such as sourbubble

idk about your friend though
organics is not easy... i mean it is, to do, but to have it come out stellar... ehhhhhhh. not so easy.

He saw it dry. It's like a kid who is used to fast food goes to a fancy restaurant and won't eat the cheese burger cus it looks weird. The paitty has all these weird black marks and it is pink in the middle.

Correct organics are not easy. But that was to help illustrate my point of this gentleman not seeing things for what they are, but instead seeing things how they are sold to him.