What's new

Commercial MMJ strain

Maximum Yield

Maximum Yield- Ya I really really like Mandalaseeds. I grew out about 4 packs of Kalichakra, and it was one of my favorite strains (cheap in price too) I'd def. consider using them again. How long did it take to flower the hashberry and speedqueen? how was their yield? (very interested)

I was extremely happy with the Mandala Strains. The yield exceeded their estimation of 1g per watt and I was able to get it to finish slightly faster.

Speed Queen finished for me in 49 days and the hashberry took almost 9 weeks.

I had been growing the same strain - an afgani hash plant - an elite clone only.... Due to a breach in security - I was forced to relocate my grow. I was left with no choice but to destroy my crop - and was only able to save a few clones and one mother.

After reading Big Book of Bud 3 I found Mandala seeds. And like you... I was impressed with many things.... I had wanted the Kalichakra but they were sold out so I settled for Speed Queen and HB.

Anyway... I am very pleased with their strains....

And while I am all set back up and my Afgani Mothers are producing nicely - I am still going to keep a couple of the HB around.... if nothing else to remind me of the past breach.

^^ wow, sorry to hear about that. I have the fear when it comes to that kind of thing. I was thinking about picking up some Speed Queen, but I'm not sure if the yield will be enough (have to stay under 99 plants, so I wanted to do a scrog)

Maximum Yield

^^ wow, sorry to hear about that. I have the fear when it comes to that kind of thing. I was thinking about picking up some Speed Queen, but I'm not sure if the yield will be enough (have to stay under 99 plants, so I wanted to do a scrog)

Your ideology of staying under/at 99 plants is mine as well.....

SQ definitely yielded less than the HB. I liked the HB.... I am not really sure how I am going to incorporate keeping some HB with out exceeding 99 plants.... my method of growing.

I use a 16 week cycle... Basically I always have 12 clones rooting.... I take 12 clones every 2weeks from my mothers/toppings from veggers and I have 100% success rate..... I use the old fashion tray/dome/ heatpad with dip-n-gro... sure it takes a lil longer to root than say an aerocloner... but its damn near foolproof.

I root for 2 weeks.
I veg for 6 weeks.
I flower for 8 weeks.
I harvest 12 plants every 2 weeks... as I harvest 12 I make 12 new cuttings... and move the 12 biggest into flower.

I always have 48 in flower, 36in veg, and 12 in rooting.... and 3 mothers.... 99 plants

I have 1 t5, 3-400s MH and 2 -1kers Hort Super HPS

I have found I am able to get Maximum Yield using that grow method... IMHO, with the main goal being 99 or < and max yield....it is better to have fewer bigger plants than more smaller ones... atleast with my Afghani strain...

In so far as my security breach... all is well..... Just remember, your friend today may not be your friend tomorrow... especially if they are your friend thru marriage... read - daughter's husband.

Hi there. Have you heard much about the Sensi Seeds Maple Leaf Indica which is a Afgani Indica strain potent and quick finishing as well. Mr Nice Shark Shock is the original Great White/ Peacemaker strain. I just picked up a pack of Sensi Seeds White Label brand White Skunk that was really reasonable priced and has Skunk #1 and White Widow in the hybrid cross. Mandala's offerings are a bargain as well as I have a bunch of the Safari Mix plants growing and they all look healthy and vigorous. Good luck in your search.

^^ ya I really like Mandala seeds. They seem to have great strains for extremely reasonable prices. I'm trying to focus on female seeds that would flower in around 65 days, so unfortunately they do not fit the bill. I've heard a lot of good things about white rhino, how would you compare it to great white shark?

Maximum Yield

^^ ya I really like Mandala seeds. They seem to have great strains for extremely reasonable prices. I'm trying to focus on female seeds that would flower in around 65 days, so unfortunately they do not fit the bill. I've heard a lot of good things about white rhino, how would you compare it to great white shark?

Well, insofar as female seeds.... I tend to avoid them. My experience and the experiences of personal friends of mine have been less than desirable.

In my experience....(no arguing or flaming), plants from fem seeds yielded less... showed less vigor.... and had a tendency to Hermie and partially seed crops under minimal stress...... personally I would avoid them if possible. Sure... you can avoid having to sex plants... but you can influence sex with environmental factors - I can usually get like 70%+ females from non fem seeds....

Also, I prefer to not grow from seed... I like cloning... it tends to be faster and the plants are older... making better quality product.

Most of Mandala's strains finish around 65 or < in soil and tend to be faster in hydro.

^^ I knew about the hermie problems with fem seeds, but I've never heard anything about yielding less. I'll have to reconsider my options. I really wanted to get Lifesaver, Grapefruit Fly, and Legends Ultimate Indica anyways. I change my mind on this multiple times a day.

Hello there. Yes indeed I overlooked the fact about your listing only female seeds. Last season outdoors I provided a grower inlaw relative of mine with a whole slew of Greenhouse Seeds female seeds plants and he was pretty happy overall especially not having to cull all kinds of males in the garden. We had an early hard frost around the 10th of October that cut short the ripening of a few of the plants but he was happy with the flowers. There was however an interesting mutant plant that was about 6 feet tall and bushy as hell but the sucker just refused to flower at all. No sign of sex at all just looked like some funky something or arother. As for the White Rhino compared to Peacemaker/Shark Shock/Greatwhite Shark has Skunk #1 and the White Rhino has not much Sativa to speak of in her mix as the Sharks (Skunk #1 White Widow). I grew out a few Greenhouse White Rhinos outside and had some nice purple in the flowers come falltime and were nice healthy plants. Nirvana's Rhino is also highly regarded as is their Northern Lights Pure Indica varieties.