What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Columbian Gold 72

I've seen the current offer of BSC on stainly and IG
with many other "landraces" (?).

From my own reading and search, his Acapulco Gold, for example, comes from Preservation Dude.
Don't know if BSC Colombian Gold 72 has the same origin... or if it's the same from the Vibes Collective....

These strains interest me much too.... i try to find infos about BSC strains... (mainly because i can't afford Snowhigh prices :biggrin:)

I hope USC with their new website will sell some CG72 again in the near future.

brickweeder

Good luck!

I got 3/3 males this round, 2 green types + 1 purple/rainbow type, and just 3 seeds left. Hopefully I'll get 3 girls next round :)
r u going to grow them males out for pollen to freeze so that you can pollinate a female from your last 3 seeds?

G

I've seen the current offer of BSC on stainly and IG
with many other "landraces" (?).

From my own reading and search, his Acapulco Gold, for example, comes from Preservation Dude.
Don't know if BSC Colombian Gold 72 has the same origin... or if it's the same from the Vibes Collective....

These strains interest me much too.... i try to find infos about BSC strains... (mainly because i can't afford Snowhigh prices :biggrin:)

I hope USC with their new website will sell some CG72 again in the near future.

Fritz the owner of bsc claimed to me his CG was from very old stock i grew a few from 1 pack out and have a full pack left but germ was sketchy to say the least. I remember at the time i got the seed people were saying it was mixed with skunk but the few i tried didnt smoke up like any skunk ive tried then or since. i will get a pic of the seeds up for you guys.:tiphat:

If i was backcrossing skunk genetics is ther any genetic markers for Columbian Gold? considering its 50% of the Skunk #1, 25% Afghan, 25% Mexican Gold, 50% Columbian Gold. I have here Early Skunk, Sensi seeds, which is pictured below.

Early skunk is ([Afg25%xMxC25%CLB50%] x Early Pearl) Early Pearl is a unknown California strain that Sensi turned into a sativa dominant hybrid that finished fast.
picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
Early skunk is ([Afg25%xMxC25%CLB50%] x Early Pearl) Early Pearl is a unknown California strain that Sensi turned into a sativa dominant hybrid that finished fast.
View Image

Early Pearl is not an unknown stran. It's a Pollyanna and Early Girl hybrid. :tiphat:
LOL... sure, Pollyanna was a stabilized early maturing Colombian X Mexican NLD hybrid from the Sierra foothills, according to Robert Clarke.

He also crossed Early Girl X Pollyanna in order to create Early Pearl. Being the Early Girl a Mexican X Afghan hybrid from coastal NorCal.

:tiphat:

Here's a pic of Pollyanna.

picture.php

Nexus7

r u going to grow them males out for pollen to freeze so that you can pollinate a female from your last 3 seeds?

That's the plan. I'm also trying to reverse the purple one for more seeds just in case. Has a few tiny pistils already :)

Booyah!

I've been sitting on (fridge) a huge order I made from BSC right when he was going under. Ran the Original Green which was a nice outdoor strain. Blew me away when I saw him pop back up on Strainly. Kinda makes me wanna dip into some old stock. Got a ton of Columbian Black too. Never did hear any grow reports of that one besides that it has an insanely long flowering time.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
st r ainly is the site there, lots of landraces. They are blocking the actual website by auto so you gonna have to figure it out.

so if Early Skunk is
(Acapulco Gold[25%] x Columbian Gold[50%] x Afghani[25%]) x (Acapulco Gold[50%] x Columbian Gold[50%]) x (Acapulco Gold[50%] x Afghani[50%])

Early Skunk in total is this percentage of each;
Acapulco Gold 41.7%
Columbian 33.3%
Afghani 25%

troutman

Seed Whore
so if Early Skunk is
(Acapulco Gold[25%] x Columbian Gold[50%] x Afghani[25%]) x (Acapulco Gold[50%] x Columbian Gold[50%]) x (Acapulco Gold[50%] x Afghani[50%])

Early Skunk in total is this percentage of each;
Acapulco Gold 41.7%
Columbian 33.3%
Afghani 25%

It doesn't say which Mexican was used to create Pollyanna in Early Pearl. So it may not be Acapulco Gold. :tiphat:

cheers,
I guess ill change that to Early skunk has 41.7% Mexican genetics
Not so easy....
When you grow/look at it, it has much more Afghan percentage...
It all depends on the selection made by the breeder.
With 75% sativa, it would not be harvested as early in northern Europe ... The problem is the same with Skunk#1, even worse.
25 years ago, there were sativa dominant Skunk#1... I've not seen one since this time.

mike tea

cg 72

cg 72

Hi Mike,

The World of Seeds (WOS) - Colombian Gold line is a bit different to the one most of us have in this thread.

We're all growing the Underground Seed Collective (USC) - Colombian Gold '72. You can read more about it below:

Some growers have previously questioned the authenticity of the WOS Colombian Gold line. But if you're happy with the end results I guess that's all that matters.
dear cg72 growers, just received some of the 72 line will start out door grow of said line here in western Oklahoma, the endeavor is to preserve this line for a friend whom owns said genetics, keep all apprised as it goes, cheers to you all mike tea

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ That is great to hear more '72 CG being grown. I do not think the percentage numbers mean much. Tom Hill or some good breeder mentioned that. The plants lean which ever way as they like and do not care for percents.

Good to know the genetics and amounts of each anyways. My Snow CG '72 is the slowest plant in the tent, gotta be pure. The males I smoked did not have what I was after so not expecting the lone female to be a keeper. That Zapotec/Oaxacan x CG tho.........

Nexus7

dear cg72 growers, just received some of the 72 line will start out door grow of said line here in western Oklahoma, the endeavor is to preserve this line for a friend whom owns said genetics, keep all apprised as it goes, cheers to you all mike tea

Welcome to the club Mr. Tea! :tiphat:

Nexus7

^^ That is great to hear more '72 CG being grown. I do not think the percentage numbers mean much. Tom Hill or some good breeder mentioned that. The plants lean which ever way as they like and do not care for percents.

Good to know the genetics and amounts of each anyways. My Snow CG '72 is the slowest plant in the tent, gotta be pure. The males I smoked did not have what I was after so not expecting the lone female to be a keeper. That Zapotec/Oaxacan x CG tho.........

Would like to see some pics of the Snow '72 CG. Should have some Golden King on the way soon which is:

Columbian 68/Columbian Heirloom x Columbian 72

Snow recommended this over the straight '72 CG. It's a 20+ weeker apparently with outdoor harvest into Feb - Mar!