What's new

Colored Live Pistils

S

SeaMaiden

Closest to blue I have ever seen were slightly lavender. Cali Blue (Cali O x Blueberry), one of the phenos no one really cared for.

Zomboy

Veteran
from bag seed

picture.php

picture.php

nr. nice med man(new stock) had a pink hair pheno as well. no pics though..

Chillb

I have yes. Grew out a "nl#1" from an unknown breeder from around British Columbia and it had bright pink pistils. This was one of several females that we had from a 10 pack purchased and grown in the early 90's. They were under 2 400w hps fixtures in a perlite & vermiculite mix, used Peter's brand nutes and epsom salts ... ooh the humanity! Buds all came out great though, 2 week flush and 1 month jar cure made it really smooth and it burned nice. The pink pistiled northern light had less taste and slightly lower high than the same nl's without the pink trait.

Nspecta

Veteran
has anyone seen this on indoor plants?

I know what yer saying Hh...most plants that have colorful stigmas only color up outside...and not inside.

Millies puts on pink stigmas inside too...but only under bright light. I also had an old school Humboldt Purple Kush hybrid back in the early/mid 90's that would grow vibrant pink/red stigmas inside/outside and everywhere in between...I'd love to find a plant like that again.

Chillb

A revival of sorts ... anyone else have new input here? Photos, strains, thoughts? Anyone breeding for the colored pistil traits on purpose? I realize it has no smoking value so I'd generally doubt it ...

are you awake

> Anyone breeding for the colored pistil traits on purpose?

yep, i am. i have a strain that consistently produces a pheno with pink hairs. ive read the pink stigmas (TIL. always called em pistils) are associated it with places like afghanistan. which would make sense since i started this strain by crossing some afghani and hindu landraces.
in my experience they turn pink regardless of in/outdoor

pictured is a week 2 flower, just starting to express the pink

Attachments

• IMG_1231_moo.JPG
    IMG_1231_moo.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 19

Old Piney

I've seen all pink pistols on Afghani # 1 hybrids I've made. Just last year I grew a hybrid I made Durban poison x Colorado Cherry ( cbd hemp) ,pictured .Intrestingly in both cases neither of the parents had pink pistols
1666983284744.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts