What's new

Colored Live Pistils

kamyo

Veteran
Nobody's mentioned Ducksfoot, so I thought I'd throw it in there. I think it's a fairly common trait with the duck.

S

SeaMaiden

According to Clarke :respect:

pistil -the female floral structure that includes the stigmas and the ovule (prospective seed).In Cannabis, each pistil has two stigmas and one ovule; the ovule is encased in bracts from which two stigmas protrude to catch pollen.

Bract(s) - green tissue (modified leaves) encasing each perianth and seed. In Cannabis, stalked resin glands are the most concentrated on the female flower bracts.

Bract vs. calyx - O.K. I give up. I have been wrong all along and the resin encrusted leafy tissue surrounding the fruit shall from now on be termed as a "bract" and not as previously erroneously referred to as a ... Gulp(sic) ..."calyx".
However I have so thoroughly confused my readers that both bract and calyx will surely remain in common usage. Sorry abot that!

Exactly my point!

Chillb

Mr.Greengenes' Cherry Bomb, which is a moai wowie line pink pistils are fairly comon
View Image

and my Cherryjuana - which is Herijuana x Cherry Bomb has retained the trait
View Image

VG

VerdantGreen, have had my eye on the Cherryjuana ... but I have Heri on the way, don't want to double up on varieties just yet.

... Ace's Panama is also looking very nice.

Raco, stop with the nonsense already, even the rocket scientist next to me is confused now :biggrin:

But yea ... I am really suprised more information isn't out there, at least I can't find it yet. Anyone else have suggestions for strains, available in seed form, that carry this interesting trait?

chillb

S

SeaMaiden

I'm a little recalcitrant to say this, but my very first experience with it was with Conquistador, some beans someone shared with me.

U

unthing

those blue..stigmas haunt me, is that even theoretically possible if not including transgenic? blue seems to be the rarest color in plants.

reddy1

ICMag Donor
menage a trois by MOD seeds, newhousegreen and myself found it. shows more under the sun.

Hurk

About 10 years ago I grew a strain called fast pine that had this trait. Unfortunately she was much better to look at than smoke.

39719CIMG0383.JPG

39719CIMG0381.JPG

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Currently flowering a Colombian Gold x Bubba Wreck that has beautiful Pink pistils/stigmas. Have only encountered this one other time personally and that was outdoors w/ a bagseed that was most likely a pure indica. The bagseed indica wasnt very potent, yet very frosty and pretty. Hoping this CG x BW is a bit more heavy hitting. Would be very interesting if those Blue pistils/stigmas are real. Interesting thread...

4 Dragons

Silver Hammer ( Gooeybreeders Gooey Mom x Romulan/Hashplant )...

Attachments

• Silver Hammer Grown by Shakory.jpg
    Silver Hammer Grown by Shakory.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 14

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
i dont care il call them pistils. we also say ''pollen'' often meaning resin glands. perhaps the terms ju8st got thrown around before we really got in depth with the whole botany thing...

eitherway...

pink pistils seems fairly common. ive had very light green before but apart from that only white and pink

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
those blue..stigmas haunt me, is that even theoretically possible if not including transgenic? blue seems to be the rarest color in plants.

That pic is definitely photoshopped...it´s all bs
and btw, I´m going to delete it because it´s from another site

Chillb

Anyone new to the post have some suggestions, comments, or photos to share? I think pistil coloration has been ignored long enough. It adds another dimension to the appearance of our beloved plant and it's an area no one seems to have done anything with in reguards to breeding for said traits ... I am still rather suprised by this.

S

SeaMaiden

I'd have to dig around, and honestly, while at first it excited me, everything I've observed shows that it only occurs where the sun hits it, so I never thought about it any further. I can't find the pix, they may be on another computer. Mother of Thor was the most remarkable, Conquistador the first.

Chillb

The single plant I had that changed to bright pink pistils was indoors under 400w HPS bulbs. The color change occured more or less as stretch ended. The change was fully done in less than a week if I recall correctly, shaded areas had just as much color change as the tops did. It was a sight to behold imo, such unexpected beauty ... unleashed.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You all have fun finding some real Blue ones. Would lov to see some

Last edited:
B

blue green

I have seen blue-ish pistils once before. I wouldn't really say they were blue, just slightly more on the blue side of purple than red.

Latest posts

Latest posts