What's new

Colorado Seed Banks

monsoon

^^^Centennial Seeds^^^ have had hermie issues in the past. Hopefully Ben has worked out the kinks by now...but you may want to be very vigilant/on the lookout just the same.

Recently got some Dakini Kush seeds from centennial seeds in Lafayette.

I have also HEARD about hermie issues with Centennial Seeds...

However, I've had hermies from $130 Hortilab packs and from $50 Hazeman packs (and many others), it's all a crap shoot until your growing your own seeds from genuine no-nanner females. Soil, feeding, water and light leaks are all things that can hermie a plant regardless so just be vigilante and keep it simple.

On a personal note, I've only heard good things about Ben(?) the owner.

I'd say its a first go for can in the seed market. Nothing is worked. Its all p1x poly hybs or mislabeled clones.
It never stirs much interest when it is very obvious they had a male x to females in a tent. I'd its not worth the $$....

Most people would rather breed like Swerve, cube a decent kush, take it to F3 and then hit all your clones. His breeding notes definitely informed me of what I didn't want to do when making seeds.

Also, most people also want a ton of different strains to smoke on, tough to get someone to plant 25-50 or 100 of one strain and grow them all through to select pheno's for breeding.

FYI: I do breed in a tent, however I don't sell my seeds or advertise. My breeding rules are basically: All plants from seed, NO CLONES OR FEM SEEDS used ever. Any females with even a single nanner gets the axe (my first few years I threw out more herb than you can imagine), any males with a single pistil gets the axe. Pollinate a little earlier than most (day 10-15, fewer beans, more smoke) and let the plants go about a week longer than most (most plant 70-77 days flower). Whenever I gift beans I make sure to include all breeding info and info on parent strains.

When you get to 50 post and can PM, hit me up Buckowens...

Pancake5765

Recently got some Dakini Kush seeds from centennial seeds in Lafayette. Got a thread already going on the whole process to keep better notes. Anyone with experience with CS, especially this strain, I'd love to hear from you.

With a partner I grew out a full 15 seeds of Dakini Kush, Wapio' Hapa, Rio, Nep Watermealon Haze, Halcyon, and Roughneck.

Not one hermie the whole flower, 11 weeks.

The Dakini Kush is a stout and frosty plant. Smells like crazy too. We had a blueberry pheno, a hoppy sweaty smelling pheno, and an INSANELY crystally caramel pheno.

That one Dakini blew away any GG#4 I have seen here, but sadly did not reveg to become a mother :(

I would say enjoy the trichromes to come, and while you should always keep an eye out for a sneaky nanner or two, Ben seems to have worked out his hermie issues.

Centennial Seed Co for life! ;)

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Unless it's from bagseed or you traveled the world for landrace strains (Like Ben did) . . . . where does your pollen come from?

BTW Sea4 this is purely a contrarian post, I tip my hat to your expertise. :tiphat:

It dont have to be landrace genes to breed... this is my flo x GSC forum male...

pollen_harvest_cc537582d0f70bb289a8_6.jpg

I just used him on Gorilla Glue 4... hoping for something good...

Found a decent shot of my isolation chamber...

2014_04_06_4_d357bad969de767ca6a6_2.jpg

I'm on the lookout for a Khalisi male from within my group in the near future in order to hit this purps...

2014_07_29_1_8d1289147f6280d47c83_1.jpg

Mini bones

All this talk about Hermies I'm thinking that's why I'm seeing all males out of RootSeller. Either way I'll chalk this up to a learning experience but would really love to know if there are any sources that are sure to be normal seeds?

Or anyone on this site sharing what they have?

krustallos

Veteran
It dont have to be landrace genes to breed... this is my flo x GSC forum male...

View Image

I just used him on Gorilla Glue 4... hoping for something good...

Found a decent shot of my isolation chamber...

View Image

I'm on the lookout for a Khalisi male from within my group in the near future in order to hit this purps...

View Image

Damn Sea!!! Taht male is massive!! Look forward to seeing what you find from that fella!

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Damn Sea!!! Taht male is massive!! Look forward to seeing what you find from that fella!

Honestly... i passed pollen from him around to the local growmies... he's been well studded out LOL... should bee seeing a few denver folk on here with my flo scout in crosses before too long.

satva

Veteran
Any recommended sativa dominate clones available in Denver from recreational stores? Blue Dream, Haze hybrid, sativa dominate Flo, or similar genetics?

Pancake5765

Any recommended sativa dominate clones available in Denver from recreational stores? Blue Dream, Haze hybrid, sativa dominate Flo, or similar genetics?

La Contes had a killer Shire clone before. If they still sell it, I would give it my thumbs up approval. Big plant with a lot of cola'ish branches.

Also I don't know if they are rec . . . . but I'm sure you know a red card someone if not.

KiefSweat

Veteran
thc has a cut of what they call rupert that they say is some iss but i heard its a 70s mex. Its def nicer and more sativa leaning then your average iss

I've been told by a few people lately there a few dudes at some hydro stores selling seeds and clones.

homebrew420

We have a load of seeds currently available at 14er Holistics on Mapleton in Boulder. THe rec side will be open very soon. Tahoe, Northern Lights, Tangerine Kush, Jamaican landrace, Chocolate thai, are some of the males used in my hybrids. We are working hard to bring to the community genetics of high quality and a description that matches the flowers if grown properly. There are a number of others we are working now into the F2 and further to f4 and beyond. the quality is assessed 20+ seeds grown out and stressed through out their flower cycle to determine intersex trait and other negative attributes. We are going to be releasing a few of our flagship strains in seed form by years end, at least that is the goal.

I have been making these seeds for the last 3 years nonstop. I am now posting on instagram and on a few other sites with loads of photos and info on the varieties grown out and new ones planned for the future.

Peace