What's new

Colorado MMJ License ?'s

alphaguru

its all just gimmick under the grey area. I saw an ad recently for somewhere writing 50+ plant counts. to me this is just a joke and at the end of the day just get enough patients

alphaguru

Of course, there are all kinds of delivery services. But everything outside the realm of dispensaries is going to be illegal in the next few months. Senator Romer is killing MMJ with a new bill that is going to get passed and only large dispensaries will survive. Not sure why people aren't freaking out about this on IC mag. But this 4,000 page bill is basically going to put me and everyone I know and respect in this industry out of a job. Almost feel sorry for all the people who recently moved out here to start profiting from mmj. Shut down...

I don't think there is any way in hell romer's bill is going to get passed

I don't think there is any way in hell romer's bill is going to get passed
I think you are gravely underestimating the situation if that's how you feel. I'm not going to sit on my ass and wait to see what happens. I'm going to do everything I can to make sure it doesn't pass and not just let it play out. Getting the word out and writing senators are all I know to do right now though.

alphaguru

It just isn't realistic and I think people realize this. There is another bill being written by law enforcement with what changes they see fit and I highly doubt it will be the last one. Something is going to change and so far I don't see anything worth supporting, not saying that the current system works so well, but we all knew there was going to be some tightening of the leash eventually. They thought about just trying to out right change it now there trying to replace it. Hopefully something better comes along because under romer's laws I would most likely not have a card.

one thing to think about..
Oregon has a system where there is a designated caregiver and designated grower. This is very logical in the aspect that many people who want to grow mass amounts of medicine don't have time to be personable yet allows for someone to intermediate between the two and commit a good amount of time.

K

Kelly.

The additional plant count recommendation should be treated as an extra layer of protection and not full proof.

thats correct. my lawyer told me to never push the top of you limit is another thing that will help.
you still have to prove medical necessity for any plant count over 3/3 (per patient) right?

K

Kelly.

Oregon has a system where there is a designated caregiver and designated grower. This is very logical in the aspect that many people who want to grow mass amounts of medicine don't have time to be personable yet allows for someone to intermediate between the two and commit a good amount of time.

that sounds like a fair way to do it.
if it isnt fair people arent gonna follow it.

im against the bill for the simple fact that anyone under 21 has to be approved by a government board.
when the fuck did the government get into the medical business?
let the doctors do the recommendation. the government should not be involved in patients business, or anyones business for that matter.

but we all knew there was going to be some tightening of the leash eventually.

Again, you don't understand the gravity of the bill. It would make selling your meds illegal. No more caregivers. Growers can only sell to dispensaries and then under heavy restrictions and regulations including having to do weekly reports to the state on plant count and size, and only growing in agricultural commercially zoned areas. No more growing where you live. Get a clue man, it's time to fight or the current system is dead.

you still have to prove medical necessity for any plant count over 3/3 (per patient) right?
Nobody knows, it hasn't been tested. Like I said previously, it depends on a lot of variables. Hopefully the answer is no.

alphaguru

it has been tested!

Jason Lauve(forgive my mispelling if that is the case) of louisville earlier this year.

I understand Romer's bill clearly and so far I don't see anyone backing it. People from not only our side but the gov/leo are pointing out its many flaws and potential problems.

it has been tested!

Jason Lauve(forgive my mispelling if that is the case) of louisville earlier this year.

I understand Romer's bill clearly and so far I don't see anyone backing it. People from not only our side but the gov/leo are pointing out its many flaws and potential problems.
I don't have time to go into full detail right now but, You have no idea how off base you are. You obviously do not understand the the different branches of government and their function and/or laws versus amendments. Please educate yourself and stop spreading ignorance/misinformation. If you want an explanation now please go see this thread: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=148721&page=3

Pay particular attention to post#41

alphaguru

you ass!

not once have I spread misinformation. Go back and reread my posts. They are clearly opinions of mine!

I THINK... never said it was fact

:moon:

Surrender

Romer's bill doesn't give anything to the industry or patients and only takes takes takes. If passed, it won't withstand patients' challenges but of course I am asking my own state reps to vote against it as presented.

I read this in a Westword article too but when I did a search on Google News nothing came up except an article that mentioned a competing law enforcement written bill but with no details.

Does anyone have links to articles explaining other resistance to this bill? Thanks.

Hopefully people understand that THE PEOPLE don't have to back Romer's Bill for it to become law. No one gets to vote on it except our State Lawmakers. So, no matter how silly or far-fetched you find it, how completely out of touch with reality it may be, it COULD EASILY get passed. The other State Senators will discuss it, maybe modify it, then the State House of Reps get's it, they discuss it, they come to an agreement on what it should contain, and they send it to Ritter, and it's Law. There is NO PUBLIC VOTE. No SURVEY OF PEOPLE ON ICMAG. NO QUESTINAIRE HANDED OUT AT THE DISPESARY. Nada, nothing, zilch.

I'm sure the State would love it if there were only a handful of Licensed Growers.......... much easier to track 20 or 30 big ones than 3000 little ones.

My main question, if I could ask Romer a question, would be:

"What happens when/if Obama loses in 2012 and we get a hardline Conservative in office who declares open season on Medical Marijuana? Who will defend these 500 plant growers from the FBI/DEA? The State?"

That's what seems the farthest fetched, and maybe saving grace of the Romer Bill. The whole thing is in direct contradiction with Federal Law. That alone could kill it.

As for a Law Enforcement Bill, well, they need to get a State Lawmaker to Sponsor it, so Romer is way ahead of them.

you ass!

not once have I spread misinformation. Go back and reread my posts. They are clearly opinions of mine!

I THINK... never said it was fact

:moon:

You obviously smoked your brains away behind the portables during US government class instead of learning the basics of how things work and now you ARE spreading misinformation based on your own ignorance. Why are you mad at me? Did you follow that link? Probably not, because you don't want to know the truth. Stay complacent and uninformed and see what happens.

Hopefully people understand that THE PEOPLE don't have to back Romer's Bill for it to become law. No one gets to vote on it except our State Lawmakers. So, no matter how silly or far-fetched you find it, how completely out of touch with reality it may be, it COULD EASILY get passed. The other State Senators will discuss it, maybe modify it, then the State House of Reps get's it, they discuss it, they come to an agreement on what it should contain, and they send it to Ritter, and it's Law. There is NO PUBLIC VOTE. No SURVEY OF PEOPLE ON ICMAG. NO QUESTINAIRE HANDED OUT AT THE DISPESARY. Nada, nothing, zilch.

I'm sure the State would love it if there were only a handful of Licensed Growers.......... much easier to track 20 or 30 big ones than 3000 little ones.

My main question, if I could ask Romer a question, would be:

"What happens when/if Obama loses in 2012 and we get a hardline Conservative in office who declares open season on Medical Marijuana? Who will defend these 500 plant growers from the FBI/DEA? The State?"

That's what seems the farthest fetched, and maybe saving grace of the Romer Bill. The whole thing is in direct contradiction with Federal Law. That alone could kill it.

As for a Law Enforcement Bill, well, they need to get a State Lawmaker to Sponsor it, so Romer is way ahead of them.

no way man rob corry will get you off no matter what, just ask alpha guru. the people have voted and now we can do what we want for as long as we want because some guy with 30 plants got off a while back. It's all good just take another bong hit.

100% sarcastic

Last edited:

canaguy27

no way man rob corry will get you off no matter what, just ask alpha guru.

do you even know what you are saying? this man loses cases and is setting BAD CASE LAW in some instances. look at his record. i would not put your faith in him. people just think he is the best because he is out there all the time. look at the facts.

do you even know what you are saying? this man loses cases and is setting BAD CASE LAW in some instances. look at his record. i would not put your faith in him. people just think he is the best because he is out there all the time. look at the facts.

I was being 100% sarcastic.

Senator Romer to Attend Cannabis Holiday Health Fair

We just received notice that state Senator Chris Romer, who will be
sponsoring a bill designed to put half of all Colorado dispensaries out of
business, plans on attending the Cannabis Holiday Health Fair on Sunday at
noon. Denver City Councilman Charlie Brown, who is proposing a different
ordinance to regulate medical cannabis in Denver, will also be there. We
hope you take advantage of this unique opportunity to visit with these
lawmakers and urge them to support patient rights. Caregivers are
encouraged to bring their patients to tell their stories!

Cannabis Holiday Health Fair
Sunday, Dec. 13, 2009
10:00 am to 4:00 pm

4849 Bannock St., Denver, CO
(1-25 and 48th Avenue)

The event is FREE and open to the public.

The Cannabis Health Fair is a public and legislative outreach event
designed to answer questions about cannabis as medicine and how to become a
legal patient in Colorado.

Absolutely no cannabis medicine is allowed at this event. There will be
information, exhibits and videos of cannabis, as well as unique gifts for
the holidays.

For more information, see:
http://www.CannabisHealthFair.com/

alphaguru

:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

why you gotta go starting shit
like I said these were my opinions, just because you disagree doesn't mean you can be a prick

Latest posts

Latest posts