What's new

Colorado MMJ License ?'s

budkatz

Wife mailed hers Aug 29, received card Nov 21 - card dated Nov 18. if this helps anybody waiting for their card to show up. Check was cashed in late Sept., so that doesn't seem to mean card will show up immediately, as it once did.

My first card turned around in 10 days a couple of years ago. Now waiting for renewal to be processed, been 10 weeks and counting.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Correct, new number everytime you renew or get a new card for any reason they issue new number.
Here are the stats from the CDOHE site:
As of August 31 2009
* 16,505 new patient applications have been received to date since the registry began operating in June 2001. Twenty-seven (27) applications have been denied, 20 cards have been revoked, 216 patients have died, and 1,865 cards have expired, bringing the total number of patients who currently possess valid Registry ID cards to 14,377.
* Seventy-three percent of approved applicants are male.
* The average age of all patients is 40. Currently six patients are minors (under the age of 18).
* Fifty-six percent of patients reside in the Denver-metro and area (Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas & Jefferson counties), with the remainder of patients found in counties throughout Colorado.
* Patients on the Registry represent all the debilitating conditions covered under Amendment 20. Severe pain is a reported condition for 90% of all registrants; muscle spasms are the second-most reported condition at 29%.
* Sixty-nine percent of patients have designated a primary care-giver (someone who has significant responsibility for managing the patient’s care).
* Over 800 different physicians have signed for patients in Colorado.

And to the earlier question, yes - new number every time.

:beat-dead

Question..... Already answered.:D Look up^^^^^

SoCoMMJ

I'm thinking that most of the "pieces of mail" that they receive are probably change of caregiver forms. Those don't include any money.

If they were getting that many actual applications, there would be a bazillion people on the registry. There is only 1/2 bazillion to date.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm thinking that most of the "pieces of mail" that they receive are probably change of caregiver forms. Those don't include any money.

If they were getting that many actual applications, there would be a bazillion people on the registry. There is only 1/2 bazillion to date.
I heard GAzillion...

So I guess using some of that 2.5 million dollars they have made in application fees to hire a few more employees to process applications is an absolutely outrageous idea...

SoCoMMJ

So I guess using some of that 2.5 million dollars they have made in application fees to hire a few more employees to process applications is an absolutely outrageous idea...

No, I honestly think that they are giving the patients the shaft. There is no way in hell it should take 3 months to enter a few fields of info into a database and print a certificate.

Guess it doesnt matter, apps are legal after waiting 35 days regardless of what they do, or when they send the cert... but still. Leave anything to the government and they are sure to fk it up.

Leave anything to the government and they are sure to fk it up.

Word. But, I'd still like to get caught up with the rest of the industrialized world with some universal health care please. I had an ankle injury last month that required an ER visit. I could have flown to Spain, got my ankle taken care of, and enjoyed a weekend vacation for the amount of money I was charged due to the current scam the private insurance companies have created ala Mr Kaiser and former President Nixxxon, R.I.H.

Sorry, totally off topic, totally on the front of my mind the last few months as I get older and fatter...

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
No, I honestly think that they are giving the patients the shaft. There is no way in hell it should take 3 months to enter a few fields of info into a database and print a certificate.

Guess it doesnt matter, apps are legal after waiting 35 days regardless of what they do, or when they send the cert... but still. Leave anything to the government and they are sure to fk it up.

If you think its bad now, just wait an other year. If they are left to be like they are we all may have to be waiting for your first card or renewed card 5-6 months at a time. just imagine if they were taking almost a year to get you your new card.

alphaguru

yea this is quite disturbing in my opinion. Waiting 3 months just so you can redo it in another 9 months!!!

Ridiculous.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea this is quite disturbing in my opinion. Waiting 3 months just so you can redo it in another 9 months!!!

Ridiculous.
They date it from the time they send it to ya, so at least you are buying yourself a few months for free. :2cents:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
They date it from the time they send it to ya, so at least you are buying yourself a few months for free. :2cents:

Thats IF your getting a card for the first time. If your renewing your card they date the new one with the same day and month that is printed on your old one with the next years dates.

So with how long its taking for everyone to get a new card you should start the process to renew your card 3-4 months before the exp. date that is on your card. Then If you get your new card before the old ones exp. date, you'll see that the new one is date for the next year. example, soon to exp. card dated (lets say) 12-01-08 to 12-01-09, then the new card will be dated 12-01-09 to 12-01-10, even if you get that card a month or two before the exp. date on your card due to sending your paper work into the state many months before.

canaguy27

This is the problem with government. If they were smart, they would have a website for each patient to upload our info and scans of the documents. Then all they would have to do is verify it.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats IF your getting a card for the first time. If your renewing your card they date the new one with the same day and month that is printed on your old one with the next years dates.
Wasn't aware of the that discrepancy, thanks for letting me know! :)

So with how long its taking for everyone to get a new card you should start the process to renew your card 3-4 months before the exp. date that is on your card. Then If you get your new card before the old ones exp. date, you'll see that the new one is date for the next year. example, soon to exp. card dated (lets say) 12-01-08 to 12-01-09, then the new card will be dated 12-01-09 to 12-01-10, even if you get that card a month or two before the exp. date on your card due to sending your paper work into the state many months before.
Somebody should sue their asses over this. It just isn't right. I hope some brave soul will take the CDPHE out of the loop and test Rob C.'s/Brian V.'s position that having ONLY a doctor's recomendation will be sufficient in court if you get messed with.

pikes peak 69

I agree with Rob Corry on this fact. Te Amendment states that you MAY apply for a card, it does NOT say you SHALL. I believe you still have the right after getting a Dr rec. to use and grow. The problem is that without a card your more likely to get arrested. Plants still shouldn't be damaged and if they are, and you win your case, They should owe you money. The card is a cheap "get/stay out of jail free card".

pp69

Somebody should sue their asses over this. It just isn't right. I hope some brave soul will take the CDPHE out of the loop and test Rob C.'s/Rob V.'s position that having ONLY a doctor's recomendation will be sufficient in court if you get messed with.

M

Mr.Howie

Can anyone here describe how becoming a caregiver for a dispensary would work?? Do dispensaries give their patients over to you so you can have more plants = more medicine for the dispensary?

Lord Doobie

dunno...but at almost $600 for the first 4 years of paperwork not counting any meds, I'm staying illegal

$110 doctor
$90 annual state fee
$90 year 2
$90 year 3
$90 year 4
= $560

again...not counting any meds at all...just the paperwork
I'm outta here

funkfingers

Long haired country boy
Veteran
Trust me the cost more than makes up for the legal fees you could incur if caught growing illegally.. Not to mention you will have a felony on your record permanently. Food for thought.