What's new

Colorado MMJ License ?'s

K

KermitTheHermit

The 90 day period is the length of time that CDPHE will accept the doctor's recommendation. Your enrollment in the registry is only good for a year and you have to re-enroll every year, with an up-to-date doctor's recommendation.

My understanding of the doctors recommendation is that it covers you for growing or possession, regardless of whether or not you are on the registry, under the "affirmative defense" provision of Amendment 20.

I've not heard that there's any period of time after which your doctor's recommendation won't cover you under the affirmative defense. I checked the amendment and didn't see anything about that.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
The 90 day period is the length of time that CDPHE will accept the doctor's recommendation. Your enrollment in the registry is only good for a year and you have to re-enroll every year, with an up-to-date doctor's recommendation.

My understanding of the doctors recommendation is that it covers you for growing or possession, regardless of whether or not you are on the registry, under the "affirmative defense" provision of Amendment 20.

I've not heard that there's any period of time after which your doctor's recommendation won't cover you under the affirmative defense. I checked the amendment and didn't see anything about that.

Would that still be for 1 year or your lifetime?

pikes peak 69

I'm not a Dr or an Attorney!!!!

The law states that you MAY apply for a card. Also if you look at legal definitions in the law a "patient" is a person with a debilitating condition. It doesn't state that a Dr must of rec mMJ to you to use.
The State site claims that your app must be signed by your Dr within the last 60 days or it will be rejected. Nothing in the law states that and I would challenge that as of right now they are running about 8 weeks to get you a card. That's 60 days. What happens as they get further and further behind.

I would recommend that everyone get the card for simple reasons. If you got a Dr to sign, it's only 90.00 to state to get card and it is like a get-out-of-jail-free-card...See budgoods story earlier. Also if you are within the State GUIDELINES and charged, then you can plead a simple defense, which means "hey I'm following State guidelines" and the prosecution must prove that you don't use medically. Without a card or if your over any part of the guidelines (even with DR signing more plants) you have to prove medical use.

HTH
pp69

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I'm not a Dr or an Attorney!!!!

I would recommend that everyone get the card for simple reasons. If you got a Dr to sign, it's only 90.00 to state to get card and it is like a get-out-of-jail-free-card...See budgoods story earlier.

HTH
pp69

Well said, it would also mean that if your growing anything, they have to keep it alive if they take any growing plants.

pikes peak 69

Well said, it would also mean that if your growing anything, they have to keep it alive if they take any growing plants.

The way I interpret the law is even without a card, if you claim medical use at time of search and seizure they must keep plants alive (law states no property damage) until outcome of case.
I could be wrong though. I once was.LOL

pp69

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
The way I interpret the law is even without a card, if you claim medical use at time of search and seizure they must keep plants alive (law states no property damage) until outcome of case.

pp69

Not always, perhaps if you have a card or doctors note, if you don't they go and rip your whole grow op, gear and all. I'm waiting for Colorado to get a Govener(dont think i spelt that right) that is behind the MMJ law so I have a chace to get a pot conviction wiped off of my record just because I didn't have my card at the time. And thats why I feel its a must to have your card

K

KermitTheHermit

Postscript to my previous comments...I met a doc at the local dispensary tonight and he wrote me a recommendation. Now the nice people at the dispensary say they'll accept copies of my records along with proof of mailing to the registry.

Things are getting competitive; there's a dispensary from a neighboring town running ads here now. Competition seems to be working.

K

KermitTheHermit

^^^ Fact is I don't know. I haven't seen the goods at the local dispensary yet.

If the authorities observe the true intent of the affirmative defense as in the 20th amendment, you are exactly correct. Now most authorities have no idea how to interpret the law, or do they know proper procedures. If LEO shows up and doesn't seem to have a clue on how to proceed, I would ask them if they have a drug task force to handle my case.

pp69

My wifes' papers are being mailed in tomorrow. I know there are dispensaries in my town, but I'm not quite sure how they work. As my wifes caregiver, am I allowed to shop at a disp. for clones? Anyone else in my boat?

K

Kola Radical

Always keep a copy of your paperwork, because it's just as good as a card. I bought meds and edibles the day my papers were signed and I actually forgot to copy my papers, but I had the originals before mailing, so I got in the disp. database and had no problems while waiting for my card to arrive.

Back to USA World Cup qualifying match vs. Costa Rica.

M'kay, all sent in, and I retained copies of everything (application, physician form, certified mail receipt). I guess it's now down to the waiting game.

Marshmello

I don't believe as a caregiver you can even enter the clubs.....hopefully someone with a better knowledge of this can verify.

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
I don't believe as a caregiver you can even enter the clubs.....hopefully someone with a better knowledge of this can verify.

Sure you can, you're there in an official capacity representing your patient(s) acquiring medicine for them. :wave: