What's new

Colorado MMJ License ?'s

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Is there a list of ailments you have to have to qualify or is it like California where a doctor can recommend for just about anything? I don't need MMJ to survive but damn does a little indica help me get to sleep at night and sativa to get my ass out of bed when I'm not feeling it. I also have a few friends who are cardholders for MS and arthritis and could use a caregiver for free meds.

I bet this has been covered but its not on the first few pages and 50 is a lot to read:yoinks:

Deft

Veteran
I don't have chronic pain, or cancer, or MS, or any of the big things. I like getting stoned before bed partly because it helps me regulate my sleep, melatonin does nothing after the first day, other Rx sleep drugs work well in getting me better sleep but do not help me get to sleep. I don't want to take away from people who get immense benefit or anything, but it is tempting to get a recommendation so I would be able to grow and smoke and provide to friends who need it a lot more than I do.

I just don't want to lie to do it. I want to know if it is ethical to apply just for better sleep.

I don't have chronic pain, or cancer, or MS, or any of the big things. I like getting stoned before bed partly because it helps me regulate my sleep, melatonin does nothing after the first day, other Rx sleep drugs work well in getting me better sleep but do not help me get to sleep. I don't want to take away from people who get immense benefit or anything, but it is tempting to get a recommendation so I would be able to grow and smoke and provide to friends who need it a lot more than I do.

I just don't want to lie to do it. I want to know if it is ethical to apply just for better sleep.

do YOU think it helps YOU sleep? If so, go get your card....:2cents:

feltonmuggs

MJ helps many causes. Your effective MMJ participation will help others with greater need establish their case even more effectively. Sleep well my brother.

Good vibes, FM

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The prohibition laws are un-ethical, IMO there is nothing un-ethical about growing your own anything. Good luck!

Absolut

Yea you can't put a law on something that grows in NATURE. It just doesn't make any sense.

I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting your card.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
When i got my card they told me insomnia is not a recommendable reason for MMJ.
But i had 4 other qualifying reasons so i didn't need the sleep disorder.
She said in the future Colorado may recognize sleep disorders as something that can be treated with mmj.

You figure with chronic pain you get a sleep disorder by default.

Deft

Veteran
I obviously don't believe it to be unethical to grow or smoke just because, I just don't want to hurt the cause of people who really need it.

So insomnia is not a good enough reason, I really don't want to lie about pain though. I have a stiff cracky spine but it does not hurt as long as I crack it.

medichron

Whats up Everyone, i have to say i'm a bit worried that my card has not come yet. Its been 7.5 weeks since i sent in my application, and i've been anxiously checking my PO box pretty much every day. I know it says it takes 6-8 weeks on the board of health website, but has anyone had any issues with it taking longer than this?

Peace,
Medichron

medichron

Thanks Alphaguru! I figured that aswell, i am just impatient.

and SelfHemployed I paid my caregiver in cash, and they sent a check for me, so I'm not sure if its been cashed yet.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
ok cool. My check was cashed sep 2 and I still don't have it so be patient and it will come!

peace

TheStrainMan

Veteran
35-40 days right now to get the card. If that time passes and you get nothing in the mail, you can assume you're good, but it will still eventually come in the mail.