What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado marijuana prices see huge drop, drug cartels reeling

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^
And the real connoisseurs will be growing their own... Not purchasing their stuff from some dispensary that changes the names of their products so they can move em out the door.

Economics is a joke played upon the people so bankers can sit back & do whatever they want at zero expense for themselves.
M.A. Rothschild said:
Give me control of a nations money and I care not who makes it's laws!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OOh yeah....

The price drops are not happening on the west slope yet.

Once in a while one of the dispensaries will move $150 zips but only on the med side of the stores.

MountZionCollec

Where the price goes depends on the market conditions set by government and what product is actually demanded. I'm looking at actual markets and actual regulations and words by politicians.

I never said u couldn't do it without pesticides and never said you COULDNT do it for that price. I just said people won't do it, not within the next 10 years for sure at least I see no evidence for it.

If u are talking about American farmers and consumers like cannabis will follow other Ag markets then it will be covered in pesticides. But even this also depends on rules set by government as in California only a few pesticides are even allowed and then only during Veg.

Sure the Xmas idea is great, I've read u say it multiple times but this would require a total change in consumer demand and massive changes in how government allows the product to be produced. Sorry if plan according to the next decade.

waveguide

Veteran
it's important, before there is any liberty, to make as much money as possible :tiphat:

heheh

aamof, the kind of life someone who believes this will lead is far worse than being dragged at 30mph chained to the rear of a penis powered penis cart. with a penis inside it.

you got no real love

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
weed will always have a good price unlike c trees ...which I do know about too..ha ha. because its gonna get rode hard and put away wet after taxation like tobacco....yeehaw... I like to grow diff stuff then the masses..rocking my own crosses /strains..staying away from the hype..i sample diff stuff all I can.. I once was gonna try and grow even 10 acres tobacco.. ha ha it aint so simple someone has their hands out.. the 2 seat tobacco planter still sits in a barn at a friends...if you could get high off Christmas trees their value would be higher... I don't have any trees anymore..

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I have been arguing with folks on this site about prices for years, they all said no way their Cannabis was different and special, well is anyone in Calif still getting the same price as pre 1996? The prices will continue to fall, and fall, and fall. It will be much closer to production prices. Like all other agri crops.
-SamS

weed will always have a good price unlike c trees ...which I do know about too..ha ha. because its gonna get rode hard and put away wet after taxation like tobacco....yeehaw... I like to grow diff stuff then the masses..rocking my own crosses /strains..staying away from the hype..i sample diff stuff all I can.. I once was gonna try and grow even 10 acres tobacco.. ha ha it aint so simple someone has their hands out.. the 2 seat tobacco planter still sits in a barn at a friends...if you could get high off Christmas trees their value would be higher... I don't have any trees anymore..

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where the price goes depends on the market conditions set by government and what product is actually demanded. I'm looking at actual markets and actual regulations and words by politicians.

I never said u couldn't do it without pesticides and never said you COULDNT do it for that price. I just said people won't do it, not within the next 10 years for sure at least I see no evidence for it.

If u are talking about American farmers and consumers like cannabis will follow other Ag markets then it will be covered in pesticides. But even this also depends on rules set by government as in California only a few pesticides are even allowed and then only during Veg.

Sure the Xmas idea is great, I've read u say it multiple times but this would require a total change in consumer demand and massive changes in how government allows the product to be produced. Sorry if plan according to the next decade.

You do realize this thread is about Colorado don't you?

Your assertions are only reality in your mind.
And what makes you think that the government in going to set the prices for these products? I don't think they care what a product goes for as long as they get what they think they are owed.

$100 Christmas trees sounds like a Damn fun time to me. Hell, it would probably be better than what your greedy ass could produce indoors under lights as long as Sams in charge of the operation. :-$

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When purchasing at rec store (never tried MMJ) in SO CO, all the nutrients (and pesticides) are listed in the product that was grown in the greenhouse condition. Only purchased a few grams to satiate knowing we grow a much better product using organic measures.

IF there is tree-like "farming" (would be nice, but doubtful, except for fields of hemp in SE CO), bet the same list of nutrients (and pesticides) would be listed. Might be less given 'natural' growing circumstances.

MountZionCollec

Sam

I agree prices will continue to fall. Only because they are so far beyond production costs. Once that gets more reasonable it becomes harder to pinpoint as no one knows what the demand will be like. Also until it is open for sales between the states no state government would allow that Xmas tree idea as it would far exceed the weight allowed for purchase and it would present diversion risks. Not sure the government will go for the idea of people bringing home large cannabis plants for home resin production.

MJ passion

You misunderstand me if u think I was implying the government will "set" the price. Government sets the price indirectly by regulations (# of producers, size of operations, taxes, permitting/licensing fees etc). If you would take the time to read a real economic research paper on the price of cannabis u would see they are always concerned with not allowing the price to get too low, the taxes they will charge per pound will surely exceed $50 by themselves. Also it's really impossible to predict where the price "will" go as production is only one piece of the puzzle. All economists can say is where the price COULD go.

Currently the market price of cannabis ANYWHERE in the USA, keeping Colorado in mind, and the prices far exceed the cost of production, except indoor which is why they will get driven out of business and into greenhouses within next 10 years.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
they should be more worried about trump becoming president ..he has it in for Hispanics .. we are all rapists and criminals ..yeehaw..they need to start sending better weed to keep up with the times..some uncut blow would be nice too..

Dimes a gram is how much it costs for personal. Including all consumables. When the guy who works at Del Taco him and his buddy will go in together invest several hundred in equipment and good genes and grow his own top shelf. And trim his own. More supply, less customers. It's really simple folks. Marihuana has demanded huge profits over the years because it was illegal and there was a lot of risk in the commerce of it. Why is it going to be so expensive when anyone can easily learn how to grow this stuff themselves. Like tomatoes and cucumbers. 10 minutes a week tending a couple of plants. A few pennies worth of nutes. A little bit of electricity. That's it. Can anyone point out a real reason MJ should cost $3000 a pound? In a legal area. When you can grow your own for dimes a gram? Huh? I'm just watching to see what happens this fall. And next year in Wash- OR. should be interesting and I could see a lot of the crop being exported to illegal areas. That's why other states are suing CO right now.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can anyone point out a real reason MJ should cost $3000 a pound? In a legal area.

Taxes (state/municipal), hefty licensing fees, security, workers, area to grow, nutrients, grow medium...it all adds up.

S

SooperSmurph

Can anyone point out a real reason MJ should cost $3000 a pound? In a legal area.

Taxes (state/municipal), hefty licensing fees, security, workers, area to grow, nutrients, grow medium...it all adds up.
I have calculated the cost to grow hand trimmed indoor, and moving it at $3000 a pound is just about right for achieving the same sustainability as most commodities ( 1/3 labor, 1/3 materials, 1/3 profit).

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I have calculated the cost to grow hand trimmed indoor, and moving it at $3000 a pound is just about right for achieving the same sustainability as most commodities ( 1/3 labor, 1/3 materials, 1/3 profit).

so , your saying it s costing you or your folk , $2000 a pound to grow your pot ,,
wtf i say ,,,
you really have to be kidding me ,,
i can produce that for a little less ,, ( less than $100 a pound)
do you think your business is sustainable ?? ..

Yeah. No. Not when you can just avoid all that and just legally grow your own top shelf for dimes a gram. Or less than $100 a pound in a micro grow and do your own trimming while watching the Netflix. lol.

I'm not involved in the commercial end of it. So, I can do the numbers without any emotion. I am watching the commercial end just to see what happens in CO because of all the new investors who have set up outdoor for this year and what happens when it's time to Harvest. I would think the smart ones have already made contacts and set the pricing with a buyer.

Latest posts

Latest posts