What's new

Colorado marijuana prices see huge drop, drug cartels reeling

Whatever.

Whatever.

I thought we were talking topshelf. People with no experience produce mids at best. They might get lucky a couple of times but consistent topshelf, I dunno. To get everything out of your plants you need a thorough understanding of it.
I haven't seen any chem grown topshelf either, not saying it doesn't exist, just that I haven't seen it yet where I live.

Learning how to build a website isn't too hard if you have some background in IT and are truly interested in it, same as with plants imo.

I grow as much veggies as I can even though in the season they practically give it away for free. My shit just tastes way better and it's natural. I don't believe organic labels. I don't grow the supermarket varieties either, a lot of people don't even know there's more thab one type of tomato or cucumber.

Once weed gets legal the people that will grow will most likely be those that are used to better quality, not because of price - unless taxes are stupid high. I probably wouldn't risk growing pot if I could just buy good organic weed for a fair price but I can't, not even for ridiculous prices.

I think it's pretty obvious to most that noob types like to think growing a plant called "weed" is rocket science. It's not a tremendous accomplishment bro. Everybody and anybody can do it.

idiit

Veteran
deleted most as not "colorado" relevant.

growing top quality od weed might not be soooooo easy.

S

SooperSmurph

I think it's pretty obvious to most that noob types like to think growing a plant called "weed" is rocket science. It's not a tremendous accomplishment bro. Everybody and anybody can do it.
lol, just lol, and you're welcome to smoke all that random, badly cared for weed. I won't, I don't know many people who would willingly.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I agree ,, compared to a lot of crops cannabis is quite tolerant , and pretty easy to grow, most accomplished gardeners can grow it with little to no trouble ..

It would be easier to turn from other crops to cannabis than the other way around .

If you think your an expert cannabis grower , you should try your hand at other crops and see if your just a good cannabis grower , or a real gardener....

lol, just lol, and you're welcome to smoke all that random, badly cared for weed. I won't, I don't know many people who would willingly.

LOL for sure bro. Some folks obsess over it. Others just grow it. Which one are you? Hmmmmm. I remember my first plant. I used to sit and stare at it in excited amazement. Now, I'm like oh. Today is the day to feed and water it. I'll do it later. lol. :huggg:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you think your an expert cannabis grower , you should try your hand at other crops and see if your just a good cannabis grower , or a real gardener...

Master gardener of both, thank you very much!! Make hybrids of veggies, flowers and cannabis.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I grew weed for 25 years on our family farm in Iowa. It was stunning how well cannabis grows in Iowa.

I had small seed starting expenses: saved seeds, a small cold frame, some peat pucks, the old t-12 flourescent shoplights. Not much really.

I always planted behind the outbuildings, barn and feedlot. The soil was so rich that I never needed to add anything. Most of the healthy plants would outgrow the ragweed and foxtail grass, so I had no need to weed or use herbicide.

I did spray for budworms. I'd spray with the same pyrethrins as I used for my sweetcorn. Again, the costs were minimal.

It did take me a lot of time to process. If the right strains were picked that time could be reduced greatly.

The costs and price should come way down once rich midwestern land opens up to growing weed.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
The costs and price should come way down once rich midwestern land opens up to growing weed.

It's not going to happen, cannabis isn't popcorn and pig feed - and hemp(seed) won't be as profitable as what's already growing in IA. Cannabis coming from the midwest will be weatherbeaten and either covered in bugs, bug shit, or insecticide - in addition to the seeds from ditchweed.

If everyone in CO was able to grow as much as they wanted outside, hemp russet mites would soon overrun the state, and if your plants are covered in mites it won't matter that you're somehow the only person in the state smart enough to think of growing a marketable strain and only person capable of doing so. Crop rotation would be necessary. What do you know about corn and alfalfa?

There doesn't seem to be any economy of scale. A large area of cannabis will be expensive to weed, water, protect from poachers, cure, and harvest. If you're going to invest that much and you're going to have to compete, you're going to grow the best, in the best place in the best way.

Last edited:

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I'm not speaking out of turn about the problems of growing a salable product in the Iowa area, not far from Ditchweed City. The best product I've had was a single plant (#8) of my own and it was outdoors, but I've been growing here for over 30 years, that's why I only do it indoors. It looks good until you look close. What's all those tiny dark specks? The seeds and pests from ditchweed host, the cutworms in the spring, the fungi and corn borers in the fall, hail, drought. It isn't CA or NL out in the flats. Fine for extraction maybe.

Calidude

i'm really curious now how one can grow volume of marijuana in native soil at dirt cheap...no amendments? I have seen it grow in native soil but they are measely compare to some of the grows on here...I am willing to give it a shot if someone could provide a link...I am not talking about guerrilla grows as those folks use amendments. sorry newbie here.

as to the price of marijuana, it might be high at the moment but it feels like there is a floor to the price....so many reasons...even in recreational states: limits, nuisance, drug (it gets you high), regulations (pesticides/fungicides), testing, recalls (unheard of at that moment) of bad product, social acceptance (like liquor store at every corner?), minimum net worth (state requirement), power at the county level to regulate (some counties in CO outright ban it right?)...rambling a bit here. These are realized/unrealized realities and they create a floor. Then there is the medical demand (a few states so far)...the recreational demand (elephant in the room?), the late adopter demand, the kids that grow up with it demand....and they create the price cap.

i am a newbie and i am high and just rambling. =) have a good evening.

idiit

Veteran
^ yeah, but that means clones.

do grape growers have to replant their clones every season? :)

that means mother plants and rooting clones. that means greenhouses/large indoor grows with artificial lights. high cost$ associated.

I don't know. I don't pretend to know. i'm predicting straight from seed outdoor grows by the tons in yield#. this will be the large commercial style. 100's #'s, 1000's #'s will be boutique commercial grows.

how big will the greenhouses/indoor warehouses have to be for #ton grows? cost$ associated?

80/20 rule is manifesting. 80% of purchases will be heavily driven by price.

commercial will be done just like tobacco. variation in quality due to seed non stability will be grouped by tier and priced accordingly. just like tobacco. best colas will be reserved for top shelf. rest used for lower end applications. just like tobacco. cigars are the best illustration of what i'm sayin'.

lots of personal users will grow their own indoor and outdoor. some will have leftovers for market $ale.

straight from seed is different and requires new skill sets. it is do-able.

Calidude

You are only looking at commercial Cannabis. What about growing for your own use unregulated, that is way cheaper for sure. I never said no amendments, I said it can be done cheaply. Obviously the better the soil the better the results. You can make your own compost and worm castings etc.
-SamS

Anything is possible. I see your point....i was reading an article this morning on illegal grow. A Mexican national managed 7500 plants on a steep hillside. So that means he used very little amendment....no mention of chemical fertilizers which is usually mentioned hand in hand with a bust. The plants were small but basically flowering. I guess at large volume it adds up.

idiit

Veteran
^ show me the large scale commercial operations in south America, india, asia, middle east (hash production) that use greenhouses. we're talking thousands of plants for centuries.

^ all straight from seed grows.

organic amendments are dirt cheap and can last for many years. some probably use chem ferts but most traditionally have been organic all along.

edited to add:

chem ferts kill the micro herd. chem ferts are unsustainable in the long haul. living soil. feed the microherd. the micro herd feeds the soil. living soil precept.

unsustainable means just that.

it's going to organic, microherd focused living soil, straight from seed. that's the future.

the genetics will be landrace based for potency, duration of high, quality of high effects ( landrace sativas/nld's), but most important of all; hardiness and yield.

momma's French poodle won't be so cute after it spent 6 months straight outdoors. :) unless you grow in a pristine od environment like some have the pleasure of doing. no problem with the "bred for dank" strains being run there. beautiful product. i'm a big fan.

if you want to drink a nonalcoholic peach flavored beer with your mc. snizzleberry flavored frosty indica dom nug then go for it. the best landrace sativas have strong potency, no tolerance build up, 2.5 hr. + high durations, great high effects and some like Malawi and zamal hybrids get so big (especially from seed due to the tremendous root system they develop prior to vegetative growth) you won't a believe a your eyes. :)

^ don't believe these^ claims? do some reading on the landrace threads. :) ic mag has the best landrace growers, genetics and threads on the 'net. check it out before you "knee jerk". :)

1). organic living soil, 2). straight from seed 3).landrace genetics based.

landrace/dank hybrids are cool. depends.....

^ my paltry 2cents worth. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts