What's new

Colorado House Bill 1284

Dorje113

The CO Government WANTS MMJ taxes, they would go back to the drawing board if every MMC gave them the middle finger .... I'm very disappointed. Was hoping for somebody with some balls to show some civil disobedience.

I disagree... I'd guess they will start arresting people.

The cops would welcome that. It would give them something to do.

And if you really believe that, maybe you should be the first to give them the finger...

Gardenmaster1

I haven't read the entire 95 pages on here, but one thing that is not addressed is caregivers / patients that are growing for themselves and harvest an excess of 2 ounces.

I currently only flower 2 plants at a time and grow for myself and two others so I can only posses (6) ounces. I typically get 10-14 ounces per plant and would trade the excess to a dispensary for credit when my medicine cabinet goes dry.

Now with the new house bill, all I can do is flush anything I have over 6 ounces?

Baddog40

And if you really believe that, maybe you should be the first to give them the finger...

Don't put it past him, he is one of the few people I know that would make a personal sacrifice in the face of injustice.

Well Hoss, step up to bat! No one wants to go (or go back) to jail for this, so there is fear and fear mongering to get us to comply. They are treating us like the paranoid stoners we really are....
Fear is the key word. Remove any and all fear from your life. You have nothing to be afraid of. You came from nothing, you will eventually return to nothing and none of this shit is real. It's just a ride. Read everything you can on Jack Kevorkian and Hunter S. Thompson if you need insight on removing the fear from your life.

I had balls, but the cops stomped(literally a boot to the back) them out in 2006
Find your balls again and put them in the place you've been keeping your fear.

For there to be change somebody has to get arrested. I give them the finger every day I do what I do. If everyone did what I do currently there would be lots of arrests and lots of change.

I'd donate to his legal fund...
How much we talkin? ;)

SGMeds

K... got my paranoia issues, no doubt...

one of the ways we/america became the dominant power in the world is by taking advantage of cheap labor to support the manufacturing base... be it enslavement, immigration, imperialism, or perhaps even incarceration.

we, in the US, have privatized the prison system... it is about maximizing shareholder profits. the goal is to increase the prisoner counts (fed subsidies per head) and to keep the operating costs the same and/or lower (even better). that's how they maximize earnings... increase the numbers, cut the costs.

we don't really have any more world populations to outright enslave. imperialism is still there, but we are failing in our internal manufacturing base. immigration isn't what it used to be & sentiment is against.

why not jail the ones we already have? that is the cheapest labor base that we can find + it is all privatized now for profit maximization.

jail the stoners, put them to work w/in the system, maximize wealth for those in power.

am i paranoid?!?

Dorje113

For there to be change somebody has to get arrested. I give them the finger every day I do what I do. If everyone did what I do currently there would be lots of arrests and lots of change.

That's very noble, but your arrest may also change nothing. Not to mention the effect it may have on your family and friends.

Just because "nothing is real" doesn't mean that our relative reality is completely unimportant. Buddhists consider human life a precious gift.

I, for one, am through fighting the war on drugs. I will not participate. I'd rather move to Cali. :)

Baddog40

That's very noble, but your arrest may also change nothing. Not to mention the effect it may have on your family and friends.

Just because "nothing is real" doesn't mean that our relative reality is completely unimportant. Buddhists consider human life a precious gift.

I, for one, am through fighting the war on drugs. I will not participate. I'd rather move to Cali. :)

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. And if you think everything is fine and dandy in Cali do some research.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jul/05/local/la-me-pot-bust-20100705

am i paranoid?!?
NO! You are awakening to the reality of the situation. Unfortunately it's a lonely place to be right now. It's extremely difficult to be happy AND aware of the true state of the world. So most people sacrifice what should be considered basic human rights (truth, freedom, privacy, healthcare[lol]) for the illusion of happiness. If you have a family, 47" LED TV, Macbook Pro, and/or Ipod touch to lose, you are much less likely to step out of line.

Dorje113

jail the stoners, put them to work w/in the system, maximize wealth for those in power.

am i paranoid?!?

No. Prison industries lobby for laws that lead to more people in prison. IMO, there is a conflict of interest with privatized penal institutions because you shouldn't WANT to put people in prison. But we have a huge industry devoted to doing just that. It's totally f'ed up.

Seems that with 1284, they don't need to put growers in prison. They have all our info, they can check up on us all the time... and now they'll just tax us. I hope in time regs and laws will relax a little.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. And if you think everything is fine and dandy in Cali do some research.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jul/05/local/la-me-pot-bust-20100705
Thanks for the link bro, but lets try to keep it nice. Very tough for me to remember too sometimes and I could use a reminder frequently.

Scary shit in that article though, perhaps a look into the future of Colorado? I truly feel empathy for anyone who thinks they are doing the right thing by complying with the new regulations. It's a round up. The German Jews of the late 1930s didn't know they were participating in their own extermination either when they started to voluntarily give up their freedoms one by one.

Okay, so let's talk about Caregivers. Do Caregivers have to register with the State? It doesn't seem like it, am I missing something?
Depends on which lawyer scumbag you decide to interpret the bullshit for you. According to Jeff Gard's mmj blog you have to register with the department of revenue!

"8. For all of the primary caregivers – you must only have five patients, must provide other caregiving services (see prior blogs) and charge only the cost of producing the MMJ. You must notify the Department of Revenue who the five patients are that you intend to continue as their primary caregiver and give notice that you are no longer willing to act as the primary caregiver for the remaining patients. List all of the patients accordingly. SSend the letter certified mail, return receipt requested."

Hahahahahaahahahahahahaha, right, hold your breath buddy, I'll get right on that.

Goba

August 1, 2010
In order to continue operating, the owner must comply with the July 1, 2010, deadline and
shall, on or before August 1, 2010, complete the attached forms as provided by the
Department of Revenue and pay a fee
. You must have filed an application with the local
licensing authority or be a locally approved business on July 1, 2010, in order to file the
state applications with the Department of Revenue. If you comply with the requirements of
the July 1, 2010, deadline and your local government doesn’t approve your local license
until after the August 1, 2010, deadline, you may
(Check on One, and Only One, of the following Types)
Associated Person: Any stockholder holding an interest in a medical marijuana licensee, or any officer
or director, who does not act as a Key executive, employee or agent.
Associated Key: Any stockholder holding an interest in a medical marijuana licensee, or any officer or
director, who also acts as a Key executive, employee or agent while physically working in a licensed
establishment, Optional Premises or Infused Products Manufacturer location.
Does this mean that all employees have to fill out this application or just the stockholder(owners)?

T

Tr33

Does this mean that all employees have to fill out this application or just the stockholder(owners)?

To me that said ALL EMPLOYEE"S, and Matt will change his mind as often as he wishes to interpet HB1284 and SB109 as he wills and runs the MMJ Revenue Dept..

Latest posts

Latest posts