What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey thanks guys, the Gbud f2s were gifted to me from a pal; Cool Moe, who bought these back in 2009 made some beans and was kind enough to share a few. These plants were so trouble free, almost like auto-pilot and not a single pest of any description. I have another round already started of these beans and will be looking for a nice male for cuts made from 3 of the girls.

G

NICE my Freind.

Hey thanks Tex, can't wait for these girls to dry and try out some smoke! The aroma on these plants have been some sweet funky heaven for a month or more and really comes to life when any are bumped just a little. Will probably move these into paper bags tomorrow or next.

picture.php

picture.php

Jhhnn

Veteran
Chopped my 1st grow of Gbud f2 earlier today, already missing the girls, kinda get attached when they're as easy to grow as these.

Really wish the temp and RH were a bit higher for the drying phase, you could store King Tut in my crawl space. Almost never gets above 28%, and seldom above 55f. Not complaining though, never had to worry about mold.

Very nice. Hope it smokes as good as it looks.

My crawlspace is like yours, bone dry. I learned early on to really pay attention while drying & transitioning to curing. Done right, simon's cure gives delectable buds.

Avinash, was your bust just a civil fine or a criminal matter? Also, did you have an extended plant count and how much were you over? I've heard about several people beating charges with their extended plant count but that was just in the news. Luckily I've never known anybody in person to get raided (in Colorado at least), but a buddy of mine had police come over on an unrelated matter and was over on a few plants outdoors and they just told him to cut the extra plants down, and this was in the city.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Avinash, was your bust just a civil fine or a criminal matter? Also, did you have an extended plant count and how much were you over? I've heard about several people beating charges with their extended plant count but that was just in the news. Luckily I've never known anybody in person to get raided (in Colorado at least), but a buddy of mine had police come over on an unrelated matter and was over on a few plants outdoors and they just told him to cut the extra plants down, and this was in the city.

i had all kinds of papers, (even my history of caregiving going back 5 years all with same patients and same elevated plant counts)
plant count doesn't matter when you are within municipal zone - i was told that anything over 12 was illegal according to city code (zoning code, so technically a civil fine). i was told by police that there is no such thing as an extended plant count, and that there is no such thing as medicinal use of cannabis. those fucking pigs will say ANYTHING.

I'm not alone, i know nearly a dozen other people busted in same ways in same city as me during the time period leading up to recreational stores opening,
basically they shut down homegrows to usher in rec stores

once again; unless you are ready and willing to fight it in court.... extended plant counts wont beat municipal code grow restrictions.

IF you plan on fighting it in court (if it goes that way), better have a doctor who is willing to show up in court on your behalf AND a decent lawyer AND a year (at least) of time to deal with it all.

G

Very nice. Hope it smokes as good as it looks.

My crawlspace is like yours, bone dry. I learned early on to really pay attention while drying & transitioning to curing. Done right, simon's cure gives delectable buds.

Hey thanks Jhhnn. Back during my earlier grows I considered the dry climate to be a huge gift overall for indoor, still do for the most part. I've never had any mold problems in flowering/curing, very few other things associated with high ph. The same dryness makes the dry/cure process a challenge though. I've only had these hanging for about 48 hrs. and just now moved to bags. I've used these big lawn bags for the last 3 rounds and seem to be working great. I'll probably go 3 days in the sacks before on to the 1 gal. jars.

I have been using the 'perfect cure' method for some time and can't imagine using anything different. :)

I have been using the 'perfect cure' method for some time and can't imagine using anything different.

And I think that is why everybody has been leaving a lot of potency and taste out of their buds... I am thinking there are a lot of problems with how everyone lemmings into the current fashion of curing... I am not fighting but questioning what I am seeing coming back from lab analysis. Maybe we need to let these buds develop more?

S

SooperSmurph

I dunno, but personally I have been coaching people to slow down and split up their cure.

De-Fan, hang whole, bring down into paper when crispy, jars when done. Sounds simple, but countless growers have gained benefit from simple changes to procedure.

Then again people growing warehouse style or in huge fields just don't care, which leads them to complain.

"Rawr, why are my machine trimmed lbs not as expensive as yours? Rawr! i'll sell for 1100/lb just to spite you!"

- the current market.

G

Yes, drying/curing is a bit like germing seeds, everybody has the best way to do basically the same thing. I've read posts of people swearing by the freezer method, then read a dozen post of others who soak their buds in water for several days and spin dry on delicate cycle. Some just bag up their buds and shake'em around once an hour for a couple of days. The list goes on and on. I've tried several and the hang/bag/jar works best for me, I didn't just adopt something because what someone else says or does.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Hey thanks Jhhnn. Back during my earlier grows I considered the dry climate to be a huge gift overall for indoor, still do for the most part. I've never had any mold problems in flowering/curing, very few other things associated with high ph. The same dryness makes the dry/cure process a challenge though. I've only had these hanging for about 48 hrs. and just now moved to bags. I've used these big lawn bags for the last 3 rounds and seem to be working great. I'll probably go 3 days in the sacks before on to the 1 gal. jars.

I have been using the 'perfect cure' method for some time and can't imagine using anything different. :)

Agreed. Low RH in the grow space means low mold spore counts in the first place. Naturally low RH in the drying space is the same & means a grower really has to pay attention to keep the moisture content in the buds high enough as they transition to curing. I've taken to jarring overnight when I know it's still too damp just to even out the moisture content & then pulling it out to dry some more before finally putting it to rest for at least a month. At 3 months curing is mostly over, I think, with little change after that. It seems to work best when I compress the stuff slightly, fill the jars & add a 62% boveda pack for the final cure. The flavor & aroma evolve in the jars into something smoother & richer than I get from other methods or other people's stuff. The green taste is gone.

I hate that taste which is why I only smoke commercial bud to be polite & to try varieties I've never grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts