What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MileHighGlass

Just a week ago or so people were saying, "it's in the state constitution." Ok.....

Growing your own is going to be gone within 5 years. Could be as soon as 3 years. Now will the State "allow" you to grow 6 plants, possibly. However anything more than that and you will be a criminal.

It's coming people. For those of us that have grown in States where it's illegal, we have already been trained to deal with this.

For you new kids that only know "legal" weed, let me just say, "loose lips sink ships."

That includes odors.

On a happier note, here's a current pic of a 20 gallon notill I am going to flip in a few days.:)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a week ago or so people were saying, "it's in the state constitution." Ok.....

Growing your own is going to be gone within 5 years. Could be as soon as 3 years. Now will the State "allow" you to grow 6 plants, possibly. However anything more than that and you will be a criminal.

It's coming people. For those of us that have grown in States where it's illegal, we have already been trained to deal with this.

For you new kids that only know "legal" weed, let me just say, "loose lips sink ships."

That includes odors.

On a happier note, here's a current pic of a 20 gallon notill I am going to flip in a few days.:)
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65863&pictureid=1576164&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

state constitution DOES protect your rec grow IF you are within plant count

likewise medical paper work CAN protect your grow, depending where it is, plant count & everything else.

MileHighGlass

likewise medical paper work CAN protect your grow, depending where it is, plant count & everything else.

You know first hand that Cities, and Counties can do what they want.

It is happening more and more. Medical paperwork doesn't seem to mean shit anymore.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have to agree on that.... really med papers only protect your where municipal codes do not restrict you.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran

*shifts in his chair*

"allow me to correct that..."

the state constitution CAN protect your rec grow IF they decide not to screw with you.

likewise medical paper work CAN protect your grow, depending on the same factor.

If the police or feds come in illegally and entice you to cut your own plants, what? you gonna run crying to MMED? who will care?

your lawyer might... but only if you make the police cut your plants and if you can afford a good one...
that is exactly why the march to a big pharma controlled system is inevitable...

they've got teams of lawyers and lobbyists
we've got a forum to cry about it on....

most will just accept the loss, pay whatever fines are imposed, move away, and try to start over... you know this Miles...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
even tho i didn't fight my charges, just paid the fine and went on my way;
it begs to be said that people DO beat charges when they fight them in court in colorado...
and the state is trying to lower the maximum amount that a cannabis plant can be worth to a patient for re-payment purposes, which says to me that the state is sick of paying out so much for plants that they have wrongly cut down.
EDIT: how the fuck did i become the optimist after everything i've been thru??? wtf is wrong w me?

even tho i didn't fight my charges, just paid the fine and went on my way;
it begs to be said that people DO beat charges when they fight them in court in colorado...
and the state is trying to lower the maximum amount that a cannabis plant can be worth to a patient for re-payment purposes, which says to me that the state is sick of paying out so much for plants that they have wrongly cut down.
EDIT: how the fuck did i become the optimist after everything i've been thru??? wtf is wrong w me?

That is where I am drawing my line in the sand. I am not allowed to sell it so meeting cots SUX! I am an on going cancer patient that has defied the 4 years and dead (6 now)rule by using weed! I have maintained my med lic for the last 5 years...4 of which have had the 24 plant count. The State laws are supposed to trump county and city, just like the feds claim they trump state law... So I will sue any invasion by local morons and most of them know I want to do so very badly...I need the cash. So I think they are pushing away from me and trying to ignore me...My dilemma is do I push against local pigglets for some other games or keep my mouth shut and keep my head low???

But I think the repayment issue is being lobbied by insurance companies trying to figure out how to reduce their liability??? Just my guess...

Jhhnn

Veteran

Agreed. Amendment 20 covers MMJ & allows for local control of caregivers. That's just the way it is.

Amendment 64 covers personal growing while not allowing for local control at all. 6 plants per person w/ only 3 in flower is basically written in stone, untouchable by CO authorities. Home possession of what one grows is the same. Denver's 12 plant per household limit likely won't meet constitutional muster when challenged. That doesn't mean they can't mess with a grower over odor control or electrical code violations.

What it comes down to is that MMJ growers holding to their legal plant counts have limited liability at the local level & that personal growers who hold to theirs are largely bulletproof. Unless we're fucking up in some fashion or another the Denver police have no interest in our little personal grow. I'm pretty sure they pretend not to notice discrete outdoor grows, as well.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agreed. Amendment 20 covers MMJ & allows for local control of caregivers. That's just the way it is.

Amendment 64 covers personal growing while not allowing for local control at all. 6 plants per person w/ only 3 in flower is basically written in stone, untouchable by CO authorities.
but local authorities can limit household plant count numbers which also limits individuals who live in a household with OTHER adults
Home possession of what one grows is the same. Denver's 12 plant per household limit likely won't meet constitutional muster when challenged.i sure hope you are right, and that was my previous points about how cases CAN be won and precedents can be set.... and eventually things should swing back toward public acceptance eventually, once the stigma of legality wears off.... could be a generation so can't hold our breath. That doesn't mean they can't mess with a grower over odor control or electrical code violations.

What it comes down to is that MMJ growers holding to their legal plant counts have limited liability at the local level & that personal growers who hold to theirs are largely bulletproof. Unless we're fucking up in some fashion or another the Denver police have no interest in our little personal grow. I'm pretty sure they pretend not to notice discrete outdoor grows, as well.

thanks for the level headed response, J

fuck the police.

agree 100%, also, thanks for that boby

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
fuck a plant count...

my extra plants are not ILLEGAL....

they're simply UNDOCUMENTED....

igC11Ln.jpg

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone know of any good rural counties at all?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=322674
pretty much ANY rural part of any county (not park)with proper med papers; no promises, but should be ok if you play it safe...
download some municipal code PDFs and start reading, make some phone calls.... have you tried a realtor yet?
and if all else fails:
go thru and re-read your own thread.... :D
:tiphat:

phazer

pretty much ANY rural part of any county (not park)with proper med papers; no promises, but should be ok if you play it safe...
download some municipal code PDFs and start reading, make some phone calls.... have you tried a realtor yet?
and if all else fails:
go thru and re-read your own thread.... :D
:tiphat:

haha ya ive read threw it a few times haha kept hoping to find a post i missed. def got some good info but just hoping to hear more personal experience in specific counties if possible. sounds like the the colorado counties incorporated http://ccionline.org/ is trying to put stronger restricitions on growers all over the state. and if theres any other counties like gilpin keeping high kw/h users on record id like to know. also heard weld county has put restrictions on. also just like to know how the cops and people are in certain towns. here more and more sketchy shit from the cops, gov agencies, and lobbyist groups that the more info the better for a move

G

A basement blessing of God Buds

A basement blessing of God Buds

Chopped my 1st grow of Gbud f2 earlier today, already missing the girls, kinda get attached when they're as easy to grow as these.

Really wish the temp and RH were a bit higher for the drying phase, you could store King Tut in my crawl space. Almost never gets above 28%, and seldom above 55f. Not complaining though, never had to worry about mold.

picture.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts