What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
HAHAHAHAHA....

Ignore the quote from the geneticist? I'll post it again...

By slipping it into our food without our knowledge, without any indication that there are genetically modified organisms in our food, we are now unwittingly part of a massive experiment.The FDA has said that genetically modified organisms are not much different from regular food, so they’ll be treated in the same way. The problem is this, geneticists follow the inheritance of genes, what biotechnology allows us to do is to take this organism, and move it horizontally into a totally unrelated species. Now David Suzuki doesn’t normally mate with a carrot and exchange genes, what biotechnology allows us to do is to switch genes from one to the other without regard to the biological constraints. It’s very very bad science, we assume that the principals governing the inheritance of genes vertically, applies when you move genes laterally or horizontally. There’s absolutely no reason to make that conclusionGeneticist David Suzuki

And in response you point to THIS GUY?!?

Meet Jon Entine: Pro-Monsanto GMO activist and pro-Bill Gates activist

Entine’s lucrative empire includes a media consultancy (clients: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and formerly Monsanto), a pro-chemical book deal with the Monsanto-funded American Council On Science And Health (Paul Offit is on the Board), a GMO media lobbying outfit called The Genetic Literacy Project, a relationship with STATS (George Mason University ‘advocate scientific and statistical methods as the best way of analyzing and solving society’s problems’), Senior Research Fellow with the Center for Health and Risk Communication (George Mason University) and he is a visiting fellow at the American Enterprise Institute (with a focus on anti-environmental issues).

With all these seemingly professional and academic positions you might assume Entine has ironclad scientific credentials.

You would be wrong.

Science degree? No.
Statistics degree? No.
Medical degree? No.
Media communications degree? No.

Paid activist flack? Yes.
His degree? BA in philosophy.

So what is Entine doing advising the public on medical, statistical and health issues? What is Entine’s meal ticket? Why would Bill Gates and Monsanto finance his empire?

Answer: Mainstream media access. Entine was a producer for Tom Brokaw (NBC News) and ABC News. Entine’s empire is based on tapping his media background to counter consumer resistance to genetically modified products.

The mainstream media laps it up, Entine is one of them. That’s why he gets such big exposure.

But you know what? Entine and the mainstream media are on the wrong side of this issue. Polls show 82% of Americans support GMO food labeling (GMOs are currently hidden ingredients in most prepared foods). Industry opposes this because they fear labeling will be a skull and crossbones mark of the devil that will destroy their GMO markets. And they are probably right. They are running scared.

floppy_disk_fail.jpg

a technology that has repeatedly proven itself to be completely safe.
You mean guano farming, yes?

GMO not fit that statement. Also too new to say 'safe' and studies that already say 'not safe.' India has many GMO food product project. Some very not good result.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Non-GMO foods are already labeled 'organic'.

Tell you what, I'll agree to 'GMO' labels if you agree to 'Feces Grown' labels for organic food.

Labeling isn't about informing consumers, it's about scaring uninformed shoppers away from a technology that has repeatedly proven itself to be completely safe.
I'm not understanding your statement on the scaring part?

Are you connected with Monsanto, by any chance? :laughing:

All I can say for Sure is. Somebody spent a boatload of money trying to defeat the 'labeling' issue. Lots of TV adds....normally following adds against the 'liberal' candidates. Couldn't/can't help but wonder WHY?

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
You mean guano farming, yes?

GMO not fit that statement. Also too new to say 'safe' and studies that already say 'not safe.' India has many GMO food product project. Some very not good result.

I do not believe guano should be used for a number of reasons... not least is the harmful way it is harvested, then pathogenic issues, further you can achieve the same benefits, and cheaper, elsewhere...

Namaste_josh

Greetings Colorado Fam,
I will be moving to the metro area in late December, I have been doing some research on growing some haze. If anyone has any gnarly advice in the haze that can give some two cents. either way, I appreciate it!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greetings Colorado Fam,
I will be moving to the metro area in late December, I have been doing some research on growing some haze. If anyone has any gnarly advice in the haze that can give some two cents. either way, I appreciate it!

haze? patience.... 13 weeks and more... maybe 11 if u get lucky.... gonna have to do all that indoors, noplace in CO can do outdoor that long... unless u find some "middle of the road" hybrids of haze strains that are faster finishing

my 2 cents

welcome Namaste josh... glad u r leaving FL, especially in light of a2 failing.

G

Greetings Colorado Fam,

I made a bunch of f2s from sam's original haze x sk1, finish about 70 days. Not a real haze like you're probably thinking about, but still a nice strain that is often overlooked.

welcome to CO

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats good sounding shit KS, sweet to have something in that ballpark that will be done at 70 days
on the point of haze seeds in CO....
Tierra Rojo made a TON of crosses using tom hill haze as the male, they have been all over colorado.. i just popped "kuchi x tom hill haze" and will see what it's about....

Namaste_josh

I made a bunch of f2s from sam's original haze x sk1, finish about 70 days. Not a real haze like you're probably thinking about, but still a nice strain that is often overlooked.

welcome to CO

that's whats up dude, sound rad. ill keep my eye out for that strain when I get out there.
I appreciate it

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I'm doing a seed run (I hope), with NL5 hz X SSH. They are only 4"s out of the ground now so I'm expecting to be done by May? lol I'll flip them at 10-11"s, hoping they'll stay UNDER 5'. Have a 'spare' AK47 lady, I may throw in the room, just for kicks.

SeafOur; You are indeed correct. The Worst stuff I've smoked since I started smoking again (5 years since retirement), was simply wonderful. Life is indeed good.

I see we have more company in the Legal Cannabis voting. YES! lol
Hated to see Colo. go sorta Red.... but I sort of expected it. Dumb ass Anti Gunners did us in. Looks like we'll have 2nd amendment rights... but Not much/many, other rights.

KiefSweat

Veteran
force flowering helps outdoors, have run some hazes and hybrids outdoors the past two years 14 weeks under the sun and harvests in July and October ain't that bad.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Greetings Colorado Fam,

Why did you choose Colorado over California?
I'm in a similar situation, and after A2 failed, need to relocate.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I'll go alphabetical...

California is a poorly-governed state.

Average pay for California state workers has risen by more than 100 percent since 2005. That is good news for those state employees, but it is bad news for the taxpayers that have to pay their salaries.

an astounding 60 percent of all students attending California public schools now qualify for free or reduced-price school lunches

California had the worst "small business failure rate" in America in 2010. It was 69 percent higher than the national average.

high unemployment rate

highest sales tax rate in the United States.

highest state income tax rate in the nation.

Including unfunded pension liabilities, the state of California has more than twice as much debt as any other state does.

Los Angeles

low rate of new business creation

most expensive traffic tickets in the nation.

one of the highest gasoline tax rate in the country.

only state in America that taxes carbon emissions.

only the state of Illinois has a lower bond rating than the state of California does.

operating costs for California businesses are 23 percent higher than the national average.

overall, the state of California has experienced a net loss of about four million residents to other states over the past 20 years.

rampant gang activity in the state gets even worse with each passing year.

requires licenses for 177 different occupations (the most in the nation).

residential customers in California pay about 29 percent more for electricity than the national average.

teachers are the highest paid in the nation, but California students rank 48th in math and 49th in reading.

The American Tort Reform Association has ranked the state of California as the worst "judicial hellhole" in America.

the state of California now ranks dead last out of all 50 states in the number of emergency rooms per million people.

traffic around the big cities is horrific.

wildfires.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I'll go alphabetical...

California is a poorly-governed state.

Average pay for California state workers has risen by more than 100 percent since 2005. That is good news for those state employees, but it is bad news for the taxpayers that have to pay their salaries.

an astounding 60 percent of all students attending California public schools now qualify for free or reduced-price school lunches

California had the worst "small business failure rate" in America in 2010. It was 69 percent higher than the national average.

high unemployment rate

highest sales tax rate in the United States.

highest state income tax rate in the nation.

Including unfunded pension liabilities, the state of California has more than twice as much debt as any other state does.

Los Angeles

low rate of new business creation

most expensive traffic tickets in the nation.

one of the highest gasoline tax rate in the country.

only state in America that taxes carbon emissions.

only the state of Illinois has a lower bond rating than the state of California does.

operating costs for California businesses are 23 percent higher than the national average.

overall, the state of California has experienced a net loss of about four million residents to other states over the past 20 years.

rampant gang activity in the state gets even worse with each passing year.

requires licenses for 177 different occupations (the most in the nation).

residential customers in California pay about 29 percent more for electricity than the national average.

teachers are the highest paid in the nation, but California students rank 48th in math and 49th in reading.

The American Tort Reform Association has ranked the state of California as the worst "judicial hellhole" in America.

the state of California now ranks dead last out of all 50 states in the number of emergency rooms per million people.

traffic around the big cities is horrific.

wildfires.

Well, that's enough to scare most people away. Not to mention that the people in Colorado are much nicer, and I have relatives there. But what about the opportunities in the cannabis industry specifically, and the plant limit numbers? It's possible to legally grow 99 plants in Cali. In Colorado, it's 6, or 6 in flower, 12 all together? Correct me if (where) I'm wrong. Do numbers increase with patients? I enjoy growing immensely, and the thought of being legal is really appealing to me, but there is a need to make money. Not looking to get rich, but would like to live comfortably, and be able to travel once in a while.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
In cali any cultivation is illegal. there is a "medical" loophole that allows growing "whatever you need", but that is weak and not really written well into law. It could change. 99 plants is because over 100 and it is a higher classification crime on a federal level. Colorado on the other hand has locked its cannabis into the state constitution... plus those limits are for recreational. Medical cards routinely allow for 75-99 plant counts legally and are not difficult to obtain.

RetroGrow

Veteran
In cali any cultivation is illegal. there is a "medical" loophole that allows growing "whatever you need", but that is weak and not really written well into law. It could change. 99 plants is because over 100 and it is a higher classification crime on a federal level. Colorado on the other hand has locked its cannabis into the state constitution... plus those limits are for recreational. Medical cards routinely allow for 75-99 plant counts legally and are not difficult to obtain.

Thanks for that. Didn't know about the 75-99 counts for medical cards, but guess that means registering with the state and paying taxes? Can felons get these cards? I kind of don't like the idea of registering with the state. Having the government in my business is not too appealing. Are they checking on, hassling people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts