What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHBGuy

^ that old sativa sounds interesting. know anything about it?

It came from a nice looking small bud that I laughingly called my emergency stash for years.

When I bought the Grape Ox seeds, I also picked up a gram of 4 Corners for a taster and found a seed in that.

Haha. That got me going about what else might be around. Pulled out the emergency stash and another similar old bud and found a single seed in each. Only this one popped. I did put the other in the fridge to chill for a second try. Flowers were shot.

Figure it must have been decent at the time though or I wouldn't have saved it.

Better photo

Kalyx

Those Grape OX have some seriously fat leaves I love it. makes the other plants look like they have runt leaves lol.:biggrin:

MHBGuy

Have considered some defoliation on those gals because they are so dense, but I generally hate to mess with mother nature. You can barely see the underneath branches.

mr. gt

well, good luck MHBGuy. be sure not to get impatient and clip early ;p hahaha

so I figured this would be the place to ask.

Why is there no extremely top notch strains in dispensary's. And why do they not sell 20 week sativa strains? wouldn't there be people who would be willing to pay for it.

Also I think the 'nug runs' are b.s. at least from what I've tried

~mr. gt

L

Luther Burbank

Just saw some conservative soccer mom bitch hollering on the news about "they promised us $60m in taxes!!" Saying it should be illegal if the money isn't rolling in. These ****s will use any argument to force their opinion on others. It's god damn unAmerican. I guess all the money saved on court and jail and $30m in taxes isn't enough.

MHBGuy

well, good luck MHBGuy. be sure not to get impatient and clip early ;p hahaha

Yeah I realize the Sativa will most likely require additional flower time to finish properly. I have taken clones and will try to slow grow them under some CFLs until the Grape Ox and 4 Corners finish. Then I hope I can add the clones back with to the sativa for flowering. No clue if it will work out, just winging it on the time line for the saliva.

Luther Burbank, was reading your tagline, so are you saying if it get you high it's C. Indica and if it doesn't it is C. Sativa? Not sure if I am reading that right.

KiefSweat

Veteran
a lot of the difference is really chemical then morphological.
Truthfully a lot of the 20 week strains are not that good, but i'll settle for 12-16 week sativas in the store.
No one grows Sourd long enough if you ask me and the cuts of nevil's haze that used to be around are long gone.
Id kill for some good mexican sativas too.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Just saw some conservative soccer mom bitch hollering on the news about "they promised us $60m in taxes!!" Saying it should be illegal if the money isn't rolling in. These ****s will use any argument to force their opinion on others. It's god damn unAmerican. I guess all the money saved on court and jail and $30m in taxes isn't enough.
LOL

Actually, historically speaking, it's very American/USA.

It's the old do as I say, not as I do.

Taxes are bad; unless someone else is paying them. To the point that even though most of us do consume some alcohol.... It's OK to put 'sin tax' on it??? Now it's weed. Just another 'sin tax'.

Same old shit. We talk about how much we hate taxes. Right down to the point of buying into the deception of 'we need to compete in the free market/world economy. Not thinking that the jobs will get exported, and everything will be manufactured by people who live in poverty (who can't afford to buy what they make),,,, and then expect those same goods to be purchased in the USA,,,,, by people who have NO jobs.

Nuf said; maybe too much. lol

But yes Luther, we are in complete agreement on the subject of 'two faced American BS'....

Returning you now to the Colorado Grower's Thread, where at least you can grow your own without taxation. :tiphat:

FNN

??? context missing???

Sorry. I don't understand.

I understand in this post says: man grow marijuana not only for self but also for sale, so I asked, is it already legally?
I almost sure, few day ago read the news that legalization will only be a month in this st.

MHBGuy

a lot of the difference is really chemical then morphological.
Truthfully a lot of the 20 week strains are not that good, but i'll settle for 12-16 week sativas in the store.
No one grows Sourd long enough if you ask me and the cuts of nevil's haze that used to be around are long gone.
Id kill for some good mexican sativas too.

Keif, you might find this interesting. Was cleaning things up for a garage sale and found a box of old hydroponic supplies. Inside the box was a old racquetball can. Inside the can, thousands of seeds from old mexican field-dried pot.

Most likely anyone under 35 has never bought a bag of brown weed with a lot of seeds.

I wish you could post smells on here because the aroma of that old stuff is so unique and different than the green we have enjoyed for so long now. The older guys here know what I am talking about.

The date on the can is 1985 and my guess is the seeds are within a year or two in either direction.

I had a great seed collection that I had saved for years, but lost shortly before legalization. Bumping into this stash salved that heartache just a bit.

Hopefully out of the thousands of seeds here, some still have a spark of life inside.

Attachments

• Pre-88.jpg
    Pre-88.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 6

KiefSweat

Veteran
i'm almost that age but some of us learned to grow by saving the best seeds in a bag of pot ;)

thats an awesome find right there

MHBGuy

Dying to try and germinate some, but no place to put them if they sprout. Can only imagine what they would do under the Colorado sun.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I found a similar bag belonging to my father... I found em in a hidden drawer in the carvings around a antique dining room table. popped some back in 1989... Great stuff... wish I knew about cloning back then...

Munson

Veteran
Cookie wreck x bay 11 in a SIPy system with bokashi tea in the reservoir. Just transplanted

Attachments

• DSCN3313.jpg
    DSCN3313.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 5

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I understand in this post says: man grow marijuana not only for self but also for sale, so I asked, is it already legally?
I almost sure, few day ago read the news that legalization will only be a month in this st.

Yes, it is legal to grow your own.... buy at retail outlets...... get a medical card...........

There are number constraints per person, and it's not legal to sell what you grow.... so far. Gotta have a license ($s), to be able to sell.

Munson

Veteran
Definitly not as elaborate as yours haha but yeah she can breathe. Just shock from transplant

Status
Not open for further replies.