What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried RD, and had success with their OG Ghost Train Haze #1 from 2011-2012 stock, but was not very impressed with their Trainwreck Willie. Just finished testing some seeds from a new seed company out of Boulder, The Chosen Few Seed Co. was pretty happy with the outcome, here's a link to my test grow (finished and with pics): https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=285945

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
1 word: Cars. RD's genetics carry 50+ phenotypes per Ford it seems, TGA breeds Chevy's, The Rev is best friends with both Dodge and Chrysler and promotes fast driving. and BOG is just another Nissan manufacturer.

there ya go, I fixed that for ya bro....

07-your_daily_life_in_gifs.gif

Jhhnn

Veteran
1 word: Unstable. RD's genetics carry 50+ phenotypes per strain it seems, TGA breeds hermies, The Rev is best friends with both RD and TGA and promotes stoner science (spiking layering etc etc ) and BOG is just another Nissan manufacturer.

Unstable genetics cut both ways. For commercial clone growers, the chances of finding an exceptional individual are enhanced. None of the elite clone only strains have anything resembling stable genetics. For small seed growers like myself, particularly anybody who wants to produce their own seeds, the opposite is true, and certainly won't be found in F1 hybrids from any supplier.

MHBGuy

Back in the saddle again after +15 years or so.

Would like to extend an invitation to check out my first grow journal, Grape Ox and 4 Corners Kush (plus a 15 year old bag seed running a week behind).

Grew with a creative hydroponics system back in the 90s, first time going soil/organic. On day 20 with my seeds above ground; been lots of fun so far.

C

CaliGabe

I'm just used to NorCal weather at about 4,000' and a bit spoiled compared to what I've experienced here the last month. I'll adapt...eventually.

MHBGuy

An old Colorado expression, "if you don't like the weather in Colorado, wait 10 minutes."

I'm sure some other states use it, but it really does apply here.

ubi

10 min.. that s about right

had that same hail. i had to cover my maters and little clones i put out side....

i saw hail in florida but not this often.

not complaining , i love it here in co. just wish the disp i worked for payed more.....

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
The hail was weird. I got just a little bit of rain for maybe 5 minutes. I went down the road just a mile or two and there was trees shredded up with leaves all over the place from hail. I didn't see one hail nugget anywhere near my house. Crazy how localized it can be.

SmokeToke1

Not in Colorado, but at a similar latitude. Torrential rains and thunderstorms for a few hours, after which the sun comes right out, the clouds disappear and sky goes totally blue, and the birds start singing. Mother Nature is weird after her long winter sleep. :D

MHBGuy

June 1 is the right date to use for freezes. I often try to push it depending on the year with tomatoes and such, sometimes you win, sometimes you get your ass kicked. My tomatoes have taken a beating so far this year, but they are recovering.

CaliGabe wondered when spring arrives around here. Haha. Spring in the Rocky Mt's occurs on the 70 and 80 degree days between Jan 1 and June 1. The warm days are separated by days with snow, ice, snow and ice and icy cold rain. Come June it will jump up to 90s pretty quickly.

Have golfed in shorts on New Year's Day and frozen my ass off at Red Rocks in the middle of the summer. It's all in good fun when you are at least a mile high.

JohnnyATL

Veteran
got burned two years ago with a hard frost on may 29th. Killed Everything! Now i have a 2 wall poly plastic greenhouse, the girls are already up to my waist.

C

CaliGabe

got burned two years ago with a hard frost on may 29th. Killed Everything! Now i have a 2 wall poly plastic greenhouse, the girls are already up to my waist.
One local grower in the extreme Southwest area put his plants out a few weeks ago and they got badly burned by cold. Another friend has yet to plug his light deps and waiting a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.