What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyATL

Veteran
Interesting Jhhnn, I might have to look into something like that. My situation is kind of fucked right now, I have a place that I ran 6 girls last year thats at about 7500ft and it did great. I ran a few diff strains and my indica leaning def finished like 3 weeks earlier which was good because we got some oct snow. I just got offered the possiblility of free rent to watch a condo up high at like 9200 so I would have to do a guerilla grow due to the inability to do a indoor grow and not having land. I assume i would find a spring site at around 8k-9k feet and put some kind of fencing around it and amend the soil. I would need to do some work as soon as the snow melts, and get some plants under some lights asap so they are ready to plant outside when I move up the mountain. I need to get planning. Any good dispensaries with good indica genetics or pure kush?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Assuming you have your red card like it sounds you do I would start calling around locally. Even if the local dispensaries don't sell cuts then they are usually helpful enough to offer up some suggestions. Worst case you could always try to plan a day trip up to Denver for some cuts. There are tons of cuts to be had around Denver. I know I've ran some cuts from Karmaceuticals (http://www.mmjkarma.com/karma-klones/)before that I was happy with. I've never ran any pure indicas before but I'm sure you can find some afghani, hindu kush, hashplant varieties with the right amount of looking. I've ran Appalachian Mud Squid and Master Kush from those guys.

I know there is a good clone store in Frisco, CO too called Medical Marijuana of the Rockies that run an assortment in two different schedules of clones. http://www.mmrockies.com/ They have a really nice Banana Kush that I have ran before. Right now they have a cut of G-13 which is pure Indica. They also have a Big Bud Blueberry cut that really packs on the weight but has a pretty generic smoke.

Last edited:

darkvade420

my wife tossed my battery sized seed stash away a few years back said it was taking up to much space lol still fricken mad about it.:moon:

S

SooperSmurph

my wife tossed my battery sized seed stash away a few years back said it was taking up to much space lol still fricken mad about it.:moon:
My stash has been labeled for years with the following:
The Box said:
Smurph's Children
To touch is one death,
To remove from the freezer is a dozen,
To steal is to steal what hope remains for you and anyone in your lineage.

=)
Signed with my signature smiley face, I was told for years it was creepy, so I went with it :biggrin:

Last edited:

2 Legal Co

Veteran

You in Raddy?

Sounds like you know what to expect at 7500'? Since you have to go Guerilla, I'd think to look for a spot at 7500 or so.

I grow a fat leafed local variety called Oregon Grape. ..... PM? Haven't grown it outside yet, though.

I keep my seeds in Cold Storage. Don't have that many,,,,, yet.

darkvade420

picture.php
Hey now i got my stash locked down now in days ! i just dont have my seeds nemore hehe :laughing:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@JohhnyATL-

9000+ ft.....go with autos. You can get 2 harvests, possibly 3...easy to conceal (condo area)....like Taos Ski Valley or Red River/Angel Fire.... has lots of trompin' tourists.

You want to make them incognito. AND, you don't have to wait until September for harvest.

I'd use chicken wire domes around, so animals don't chomp them.

S

SooperSmurph

Best thing you can do now that it's legal is to keep it that way, do it on your own property, don't allow the plant to root into the ground and potentially "spread", put up proper no trespassing signs on your fence, and install a locking gate on the area where you plan to grow your plants.

Instead of sticking to the old tried and true stealth methods, I think we should take advantage of the new laws and grow our weed alongside the rest of our garden, revel in the fact that we live in the new Amsterdam.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Best thing you can do now that it's legal is to keep it that way, do it on your own property, don't allow the plant to root into the ground and potentially "spread", put up proper no trespassing signs on your fence, and install a locking gate on the area where you plan to grow your plants.

Instead of sticking to the old tried and true stealth methods, I think we should take advantage of the new laws and grow our weed alongside the rest of our garden, revel in the fact that we live in the new Amsterdam.

I think that's a good point. However, I would still be worried about people being aware that they are there and coming by and yanking them. I know I would be constantly worried about people taking my girls, especially if they are just potted. I imagine that paranoia would only worsen as the chop date neared. Some people can be pretty shitty.

Even though I'm in Colorado now I'm still from the southeast and carry that mentality still. Regarding weed, I'll always ere on the side of caution.

Last edited:
S

SooperSmurph

Motion lamps, proper locks, and creative use of a sound system (barking dogs is the classic, gunshots are even better) keep all but the most stoic thieves at bay, and those that make it through the conventional fencing and alarms should find themselves facing nasty things like razor wire, trip lines, etc, I mean, a man-catcher or auto-turret might be excessive ;) , but i've seen shock deterrents wired up with surprisingly limited supplies.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran

:D

I've been growing my outdoor next to my garden every year!

There's one spot in my yard that is obscured from all my neighbors thanks to THEIR trees, with the exception of one window. And that neighbor could care less!

So this year I'm going for a shrub instead of a couple small plants. Dropped the bean back in November, she's in a 7g now and will be in a 100g smart pot raised bed later.

Jhhnn

Veteran

It'll be an interesting summer, that's for sure. Our home is towards the very urban end of the spectrum, the yard small, chances of harvesting near zero, all things considered. Chances of hassles are large. I salute anybody who's going there, for sure. Be smart.

Outdoor growing is a very, very grey area in the law atm. I haven't been able to figure out what penalty might be assessed for having a CO legal plant count in your locked garden behind a privacy fence. What's the statutory violation?

S

SooperSmurph

It'll be an interesting summer, that's for sure. Our home is towards the very urban end of the spectrum, the yard small, chances of harvesting near zero, all things considered. Chances of hassles are large. I salute anybody who's going there, for sure. Be smart.

Outdoor growing is a very, very grey area in the law atm. I haven't been able to figure out what penalty might be assessed for having a CO legal plant count in your locked garden behind a privacy fence. What's the statutory violation?
Rules that I have been given by the MMED inspector that works with our dispensary:

Locking enclosed greenhouse or secure (topped) fencing, standard security measures such as motion lights, audible alarms, etc, no chances of anyone gaining unauthorized access without causing a ruckus, and the rule that keeps being repeated to me, do not allow the plants to root into the ground, they are concerned that the plants will be able to re-grow / spread after being cut if they grow directly into the topsoil, based on examples they see with things like wild Ohio outdoor, cut it, burn it, do what you please to it, and next year it'll be back unless you make it impossible for ANYTHING to grow there.

Not to mention, 6 plants are worth quite a bit of medicine, why aren't they worth a few hundred dollars in security measures?

Ttystikk

This might be Colorado, but I'm not growing any outdoors. Rippers are everywhere, and they'll flock here for the promise of easy pickings.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
they are concerned that the plants will be able to re-grow / spread after being cut if they grow directly into the topsoil, based on examples they see with things like wild Ohio outdoor, cut it, burn it, do what you please to it, and next year it'll be back unless you make it impossible for ANYTHING to grow there.

:laughing:

WTF? i wish i thought you were joking

sometimes all you can do is shake your head at the things the government worries about don't ya? i wish they would have worried about shit like that when they were planting russian olive trees every fucking place

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I have conflicting thoughts on the subject of 'outdoor'.

One makes me want to 'let it grow'..... everywhere. I do have a certain amount of seed in my 'bank', which I could donate to the everywhere cause. It'd be satisfying to see 'volunteer' patches like I've seen back in 'farm country'.

On the other hand... the Feds could use that as an excuse to 'clean up' Colo., in spite of our State Constitution.

I have to keep in mind that the DEA NEEDS an excuse to justify their existence, at this level of expense. I suppose that there are some in Enforcement, who actually do Still believe they are doing a good thing.

One cannot however wonder. How ignorant, and brainwashed one would have to believe that deep down they Must realize that they've been hornswagled.....All their lives.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
:laughing:

WTF? i wish i thought you were joking

sometimes all you can do is shake your head at the things the government worries about don't ya? i wish they would have worried about shit like that when they were planting russian olive trees every fucking place
When you wonder 'why' about some plantings that have occurred over the years. R. Olives did their part to stop the 'dust bowl' conditions by holding the soil and slowing the winds.

Unfortunately too many have forgotten what caused the dust bowl conditions. Much cropland has been once again stripped of fence rows and their windbreaks. also rowcrops are planted in straight lines with no fallow strips for soil retention.

But yes: I totally agree that there's much else, they could be concerned about. I think we should encourage additional 'duties as assigned' to keep them busy.

Maybe we could retrain some of them to be PermaCulture Consultants. :biggrin:

Jhhnn

Veteran
Rules that I have been given by the MMED inspector that works with our dispensary:

Locking enclosed greenhouse or secure (topped) fencing, standard security measures such as motion lights, audible alarms, etc, no chances of anyone gaining unauthorized access without causing a ruckus, and the rule that keeps being repeated to me, do not allow the plants to root into the ground, they are concerned that the plants will be able to re-grow / spread after being cut if they grow directly into the topsoil, based on examples they see with things like wild Ohio outdoor, cut it, burn it, do what you please to it, and next year it'll be back unless you make it impossible for ANYTHING to grow there.

Not to mention, 6 plants are worth quite a bit of medicine, why aren't they worth a few hundred dollars in security measures?

I could be wrong, but I don't think cannabis is a perennial that comes back from the roots. None we grew years ago ever did, anyway. Wild cannabis comes back because the number of seeds in a patch is astronomical, germination year to year incomplete. Seeds from 2014 may or may not germinate in 2015, 2016, or even 2017, but they're still viable in 2018 & years beyond in diminishing numbers.

Commercial growers, med or retail, can obviously be held to different standards than anonymous home growers whose chief defense against rippers is stealth. That's really the only thing that privacy fences & locked gates provide. I figured that out when talking to one of my young neighbors a few years ago. We were talking & joking over the top of the fence when I invited him to come over, figuring he'd come around to the gate. Instead, he vaulted the fence in one fluid motion... it's an honest 6' cedar fence, the tallest allowed in Denver w/o a zoning variance. I think if I constructed a jail cell in the garden that it'd attract rippers, not deter them.

My point was that I can't find a statutory prohibition/ penalty against outdoor growing like I can wrt other marijuana "crimes"- having too many plants or selling the stuff w/o a license & etc. A64 itself is vague in that respect-

3 (b) POSSESSING, GROWING, PROCESSING, OR TRANSPORTING NO MORE THAN SIX MARIJUANA PLANTS, WITH THREE OR FEWER BEING MATURE, FLOWERING PLANTS, AND POSSESSION OF THE MARIJUANA PRODUCED BY THE PLANTS ON THE PREMISES WHERE THE PLANTS WERE GROWN, PROVIDED THAT THE GROWING TAKES PLACE IN AN ENCLOSED, LOCKED SPACE, IS NOT CONDUCTED OPENLY OR PUBLICLY, AND IS NOT MADE AVAILABLE FOR SALE.

There's a legal argument to be made about privacy fenced outdoor growing based on that & other commonly held definitions of privacy. Marijuana is obviously less dangerous than a swimming pool, for example, simply because nobody can die accidentally from getting into it, and no more an attractive nuisance than topless sunbathing, both of which are legal in locked privacy fenced yards.

If there's a statutory violation wrt outdoor growing beyond A64 itself I have yet to find it nor has anybody I've asked. What's the penalty? If it's against the law, then penalties are spelled out, & I can't find any. If I owned acreage surrounded by a standard 3 strand barbed wire fence, it would be "enclosed" for all other intents & purposes. Anything on that property that can't be seen casually from the road would be considered "out of public view".

The whole thing about the rights of personal property is very strong in Colorado, prompting Denver, for example, to allow even highly visible consumption of cannabis on private property.

There's a case to be made for growing cannabis outdoors under fairly ordinary garden circumstances, but I'll let somebody else make it. If there is no penalty beyond cops as rippers, it'll rapidly become commonplace.

Ttystikk

My case to be made for growing a few pot plants in the garden alongside the tomatoes is that not only will this help it become commonplace, but also cheap. When it's cheap, those with guns and criminal intent will go elsewhere for profits and leave our cannabis alone.

Jhhnn

Veteran
My case to be made for growing a few pot plants in the garden alongside the tomatoes is that not only will this help it become commonplace, but also cheap. When it's cheap, those with guns and criminal intent will go elsewhere for profits and leave our cannabis alone.

Cannabis *should* be cheap. The only reason it's ever been expensive is the false scarcity of prohibition.

What's the price of, say, 10 kilos or 100 kilos of hash straight from the grower in places where it's a quasi legal cash crop for export? Pakistan? Lebanon? Afghanistan? Morocco? What's the price per pound for the production of a whole field in Mexico?

Obviously not very much, or the actual growers would be a helluva lot more affluent than they are.

In a fully legal outdoor growing environment, the price would be extremely low.

Powerful interests want that not to happen, particularly people heavily invested in the current paradigm of indoor growing, the State for revenue purposes, and people who think we need to pay for our sins, preferably in suffering, but cash will do.

I really don't know where this "Green Rush" is going, but I don't think that current prices are really sustainable. Both the black market & med price have been sustained by artificial scarcity, something that won't exist when big retail growers really come on line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts