What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbomber79

Veteran
From what I have seen you are correct sir, very few shops have worthy medical herb.. which is a damn shame if you ask me..but wtf do I know.

Not a "good" thing, nor was I talking about ethics, just stating fact. Besides, the last thing you want to do on your visit to co is smoke dispensary herb. 99% of it is beasters pumped full of salts and sprayed to all hell with pesticides you wouldn't believe. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you something or market the shop with which they're affiliated. I know this shit too well.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
You can't buy weed at a dispensary in co if you are vacationing. Period. End of story. No loop holes of any kind. So forget it.

Buzzkill man.

Well, that's just like, your opinion man.

If someone were willing to make two trips, they could have their red card by the second trip.

What can I say, some people lack imagination.
:blowbubbles:

First off, what do you remember about the process of getting your card? Go from there.

But like others have said you'll be driving around all day to find a dispensary with tours of the growrooms.

The easiest thing is to tell them "picture your local corner store/bodega/liquor store, and now picture it with weed jars on the shelves."
There you go. Time saved, and now they can enjoy their vacation in Colorado, not the waiting room of a doctor, post office, and dispensary. Must not forget the hour at the post office.
And your friend doesn't have to worry you're going to fire up a 10 lighter on his credit. (Though he would probably think that was awesome!)

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats

i dunno WHERE you might find some like minded individuals...
:dunno:
(I kno sarcasm doesn't work on the internet, but i hope yall are getting it now :) )

the main stumbling block i see for tourists visiting dispensaries with temporary paper work is the whole in state ID vs out of state ID scenario.... from my experience docs want patients to have CO state ids, but i stopped shopping around for docs when i found the ones i liked (luckily).
BUT i do remember back when i moved to CO & was first getting my card, didnt have CO id yet, had to call around to a ton of places to find a doc that would do it without IN STATE (colorado) state ID & never actualy sent in that paperwork so I can't attest to whether or not that would work or not.

my2c dont let it stop yall from trying IF that's what you wanna do... because even if you don't get the best meds, I will admit that the thrill of a "pot shop" and experriencing that freedom is AMAZING. even if you've been to amsterdam, it's another feeling entirely to have it in our "culture"; does that make sense?
truth is you WONT get the best meds available in CO at pot shops but it IS one hell of an experience (but i doubt it's worth the effort) if you really want to come experience CO ganja culture come to the HT cannabis cup or 710 cup or one of the million other cannabis related events that goes on in this state on the regular (and even more common this time of year: spring/summer)....

which brings me to a question i have for my fellow CO growers & smokers (& the locals in particular, or long time residents)

sup with the Bong-a-thon?

I've never been..... should I consider checking it out? feedback?

Last edited:
G

greenmatter

the main stumbling block i see for tourists visiting dispensaries

......... is that the dispensaries that WILL make it their mission to cater to the tourists will NOT be the cream of the crop by any means. i think the state is going to make dealing with tourists tough, and the only people who are going to jump to fill that void are going to be the folks who are there to make all the money they can off the new industry.

i don't know if i should laugh or cry when i see people who wanted nothing to do with growing a few years ago talking about being "cannabis entrepreneurs" these days

i know it makes me wanna vomit

and FWIW i renewed yesterday ........ when i asked if you could apply with an out of state ID they said no. the doc i go to is pretty legit (4th time i have renewed there so he has been around a while) so he won't send in anything he knows the state is going to kick back

twelsch24

If I remember when I first got my card I used my passport, and a bank statement & utility bill in my name to meet the states requirements.

This was 3 or 4 years ago so things may be different now.

If a Colorado ID 'proves' state residency - you may look into what the state requires to procure an ID card (not a DL.)

T

G

greenmatter

paperwork from the registry reads like this ........

"A complete application packet includes:"

1. An Application for Registration Card completed by you,signed and notarized.

2. A Physician Certification completed by your doctor.

3. A copy of your Colorado ID. If you do not have a Colorado ID, submit proof of identity and Colorado residency.

number 4 and 5 don't matter (it's caregiver and payment bullshit) so i'm not typing it out

looks like if you can find a doc to sign your stuff you could try and fly some BS past
the state and hit every dispensary you can before they catch on

further down the page it does say " Medical Marijuana Registration cards are available only to Colorado residents"

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
January to go to the store. Your already legal on the streets

not trying to rain on your parade here
but

"legal on the streets" is hella misleading considering "displaying publicly" is a crime, so you are in NO WAY legal on "THE STREETS"
you ARE legal in some private establishment or resident or on private property.
also: and cash transaction or "renumerations" for ganja is still illegal (unless you have a liscense to do so and the state hasn't issued any of those liscenses yet sooooo.......) sales in any way are technically illegal, but gifts are NOT.

that being said:
puff in the streets
share it
give it
buy it
sell it

just don't get caught (same as it ever was)

paperwork from the registry reads like this ........

"A complete application packet includes:"

1. An Application for Registration Card completed by you,signed and notarized.

2. A Physician Certification completed by your doctor.

3. A copy of your Colorado ID. If you do not have a Colorado ID, submit proof of identity and Colorado residency.

number 4 and 5 don't matter (it's caregiver and payment bullshit) so i'm not typing it out

looks like if you can find a doc to sign your stuff you could try and fly some BS past
the state and hit every dispensary you can before they catch on

further down the page it does say " Medical Marijuana Registration cards are available only to Colorado residents"

:yeahthats THANK YOU

I'm glad someone check the official shit and backed me up on that one.....

Peeps listen:
if you wanna come to CO and smoke, just make some friends and make it easy on yourself!

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
when i asked if you could apply with an out of state ID they said no. the doc i go to is pretty legit (4th time i have renewed there so he has been around a while) so he won't send in anything he knows the state is going to kick back

Ask him why the state sends it back. They must state a reason (albeit rather generic) why the application was denied. Could help add more pieces to the puzzle.

That doctor won't sign out of state, but if it isn't an acceptable form of ID it can't be listed as such, pg 2 of the application will answer most of these 'residency requirements' questions.

Now since they have 30 days to accept/reject your application, and as a resident you must get a new DL by 30 days, they could send it back and say we need your new ID (wouldn't put it past them), but that would be until somebody sues and wouldn't matter for a tourist trying to skirt the law.

As SS said, finding a doctor that is going to sign off on an out of state ID is going to be harder. C'mon, they know what you are going to do and if you are going to be a resident, then they know it's pretty easy to go to the DMV http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/Revenue-MV/RMV/1185870966772

Seem's in both cases a 'utility bill' provides sufficient evidence of residency. How do you think so many Californians were able to straddle The Divide??? (many of them already owned homes here and both states have different power companies).

The state cracks down on the doctors, because it is easier than to crack down on the patient/caregivers.

Still if they wait a few years, there might actually be something worth seeing for tourists. Like weekend getaways in the mountains, staying in a teepee surrounded by Indicas.

Last edited:
G

greenmatter

Yeah, but the state has to take ownership before January. Then there will be at least one or two counties ready to go full bore, some will drag there feet and others will delay it by every means possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enisdmeTuc4
"It's what? One more time."

:laughing: good link! starts kinda slow though

so would we be better off with kim jong un or ken buck taking "ownership"?

i think i would rather shake lil kim's hand ...... he's fuckin crazy but i wouldn't feel like i would need to delouse

Jbomber79

Veteran
so the govnah signed in the law that 2 year residents can open retail shops? Is this what I'm reading in the newspaper..did I miss a page?

Avi-the name looks sweet and a nice gathering of folks..long drive maybe? :twocents:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's been going on since the late 70's..... drives aren't long to me unless im crossing state lines so.....

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not 100% sure im going, it's aug 3rd weekend someplace in southpark
IF i go, i def will let yall kno how it goes.
(still fishing for info on it tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.