What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbomber79

Veteran
^^^ Is this a good thing? WA has opened it up as far as I'm aware of..Schools, roads, and everything else should benefit from this.

S

SooperSmurph

You can't buy weed at a dispensary in co if you are vacationing. Period. End of story. No loop holes of any kind. So forget it.

Find someone to "give" you weed while here or mail yourself some herb.
This is simply untrue.

How do you tell the difference between someone who has moved to the state recently and someone who has set up residency in a temporary manner?

If you're telling me dispensaries perform background checks on patients who hand them packets of temporary paperwork... what state do you live in again?

TheStrainMan

Veteran
Talking about just walking in off the street after just landing for a co vacation. Of course I agree with your background check comment.

TSM is right - way better off getting it from someone outside a dispense - it's totally legal to ask someone for some weed - or where you can get some - as long as you're over 21, so don't rely on shady fucks

TheStrainMan

Veteran
^^^ Is this a good thing? WA has opened it up as far as I'm aware of..Schools, roads, and everything else should benefit from this.

Not a "good" thing, nor was I talking about ethics, just stating fact. Besides, the last thing you want to do on your visit to co is smoke dispensary herb. 99% of it is beasters pumped full of salts and sprayed to all hell with pesticides you wouldn't believe. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you something or market the shop with which they're affiliated. I know this shit too well.

barnyard

you're owned TSM and thus biased. Papa smurf (not referring to SS here)says, "what's with all the small buds".

I say "where's the list of ingredients?" and "where's the respect for the natives? IMO your shop shows no consideration for the community in which it resides. Totally unethical, IMO. Besides, If you're so proud of your methods why keep it a secret? Are they even your methods to begin with? Oh yea, you've got a lawyer at the helm (from somewhere else). That explains a lot.

We've made tremendous progress here in Colorado. And the vast majority of CO dispensaries grow a quality, healthy product. Who knows what the brick weed use to contain. Like the guys who chop off people's heads really care.

"market the shop with which they're affiliated", what a hypocrite! I'll ask to, what state are you from?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
We've made tremendous progress here in Colorado.
Yes.

And the vast majority of CO dispensaries
Still have yet to reach California top-shelf quality. Even the lower quality top-shelf that Cali standards have slipped to.

Facts are facts.

Yes, there is some good bud going through the dispensaries... the vast majority is still crap.

You want bud in Co? Ask anyone over 21, keep asking until you run into someone who can help you out. It's not like you're going to get arrested or anything. LOL :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

S

SooperSmurph

I am speaking from a perspective of a grower / patient, while I work for a dispensary, I don't budtend, and I don't make decisions regarding who gets in the doors, so from my perspective, it's all about presenting the Dispensary with proper paperwork which they have no reason to reject.

From a dispensary's front end perspective, the things we're talking about aren't at all manageable, and if a tourist were to describe the process behind their temporary paperwork to a dispensary, they would likely send them packing.

So, we come back to the same statement, tourists who follow instructions carefully, make the effort to obtain the proper paperwork, and act in a casual manner, will likely be able to access cannabis related services here in CO with little trouble, regardless of whether or not Retail level shops have been implemented yet.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
What's needed is a cheap 'quarantine' setup that anyone can use properly.

I don't have bugs or pests, several growers I know are in the same boat. At least for now. What sucks is that the colorado growers thread doesn't fit in around here anymore.

Just picked up harlequinn from the "CBD Free for All" organization, some for me, some for others that requested it. Super healthy roots. I see this lady being spread far and wide in the state. :) (NO MODS, I'M NOT OFFERING CLONES!)
Figured I'd put that in there as some trigger happy mod banned me for 6 days for not wording my last post correctly.

Didn't bother me at all, actually enjoyed the break. What bothers me is that... No, icmag is definitely not the place to be real about colorado subjects. Sucks 'cause this is really the only cannabis forum I currently hang out on.

Time to think about a change.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

TheStrainMan

Veteran
<in Apu accent> Barnyard, my goat and sheep loving friend </in Apu accent> ... wait just a cotton-pickin second... which is a long second actually, given all the sharp fricken edges of the seed pods. It's actually longer than each second that is counted in the movie, Yellow Submarine, during the "When I'm 64" song.

I believe you have me confused with someone else; so when you find some quiet moments to yourself in the coming blooms of summer, please think about and work on really knowing something 100% before speaking/writing, especially when in some sort of attack stance on another individual.

I don't own rights to anything in the mmj/hemp/mj industry nor am I owned by any entity therein; nor do i make in any way, a single penny from the INDUSTRY. I make a living off of building highly performant database-to-client software applications, including e-commerce and mapping systems across several platforms. I can zen out while writing code and it's one of my favorite things. But this is much more boring than the original thread's topic, which is Colorado Growers. I live and GRRRRRROOOOOOWWWWW woohoo!!! in Colorado. Are you telling me a fellow vacationing to Colorado, in their search for the best herb, should look for it in a dispensary as opposed to someone from the "Colorado Grower" community?

S

SooperSmurph

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I don't think tsm is some evil lobbyist or grow baron or whatever hes been called, i'm simply saying that people who present proper paperwork with a casual attitude will continue to be able to enjoy the fruits of the system here in CO before the full retail switchover.

Barnyard does seem to have concluded you're someone he hates, though :lurk:

TheStrainMan

Veteran
There are caring growers across many dispensaries with hands tied by greedy owners, of course, and I'm not pointing fingers. Also in many cases, the shop growers hand the shops nuggetry in much finer condition than it turns into after a few days serving the shelf jars. The only time dispensaries in Colorado had great herb is before 1284 when local Colorado Growers were providing excellent herb to dispensaries. With time, most dispensary herb in co is getting worse. This isn't a dispensary thread nor a menu thread for one. humbly, any ic thread with this topping name shouldn't be besmirched with the much inferior (on average) dispensary weed talk unless it's to laugh at its hopeless and futile effort to compete with home grown. In looks, definitely competes, but aroma and flavor: never.

SacredBreh

SooperSmurph^^^^^ That last sentence had me laughing my ass off! That was my impression too but didn't get the why but don't really care.

Believe Hydro-Soil had a point. Some of the topics that are now completely OK in the the Colorado/Washington sense are now against TOU for IC. I can see why of course but it does put all Colorado folks in a bit of a dilemma. We have for the first time in many years a unique circumstance that no one else in the world has...... it is actually legal. Yeah, yeah... Federal this and that...

Second, agree with SooperSmurph..... if you follow the guidelines he set out. There is absolutely no reason you could not be buying in Colorado the day your plane lands if you have your appointment set up. You wouldn't be breaking any law or regulation with the dispensary or Marijuana cert..... just fudging on actually where you live for a temporary period. Once they get the non-medical up and going there will not be a reason to jump through the hoops.

Do agree too that could find better outside of a store but unless you know who you are interacting with..... better chance of getting higher quality inside than just random, and without the hussle. Plus, I know it doesn't matter to those who are use to it but.... I loved the look on my patient's faces in 2008 when we stopped at a shop for their first time after their appointments. Hard for us to remember what it is like to actually do that... Think what out of staters will be like even if the shop isn't that great!

Peace

TheStrainMan

Veteran
Barnyard does seem to have concluded you're someone he hates, though :lurk:

Barnyard thinks I'm someone else because I have no idea what he's talking about. Let's see if he does a bit of research before adding to our conversation. I respect reasonable men and women, meaning there is reason to their actions, and thus, a thought process on possible outcomes and re-actions to each of their action. Hate is a choice and an action only to the hater. I don't give a crap about strangers hating or loving me, but I'll tell it like it is on a Colorado Growers thread!

S

SooperSmurph

Actually i'm working hard to prove that belief wrong tsm, as far as large grows being unable to produce proper quality, I have an owner who has accepted just enough of the gospel of quality to allow me to stick with hand trims and organic soil, as more plants are brought in i'm granted a number of hours to give to grow employees that's relatively concurrent with the needs of the plants (I end up running around a lot, but they're my babies and they deserve it), i'm also given authority to remove people who can't pick up on our dedication to quality, trimmers who try to shave the buds and growers who barge through rows of plants stripping trichs and bending stems find themselves on the do not call list, slowly but surely this grow is turning into something special.

I'm a little behind on plant numbers, i'd say, this brown algae in the cloning machines has been a constant nuisance, but overall things are shaping up nicely.

TheStrainMan

Veteran
Like I said, 99% , not 100. I can easily name a handful of great shops that truly grow quality herb. But for the best product Soopersmurph, ya gotta be in charge of the full cycle, including drying and curing properly, which is rarely rarely done. That's way too much time and work for any one person. And then how it's treated while refilling empty jars or dumping unsold buds back into the main supply of said strain... I applaud your effort to increase quality, and am sure your head stash is so much better than what's on the shelf.

S

SooperSmurph

No matter how many times I yell at the budtenders, they continue to shake the jars, i'm going to have to get a set of shock collars.

And, curing can be done well on a large scale, it's just a matter of doing what you know is right instead of what will work right now. In example, my drying room is relatively sealed, allowing humidity to build up when the room is not being ventilated, pump in dry air periodically, and i've got myself a giant burping jar filled with whole hanging plants :p

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i burp 5 gal buckets and 20 gal totes when curing on large scale....

99% of budtenders dont know their ass from their elbow, i stopped asking them questions a long time ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.