What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I also know for a fact that some of the licensed medical warehouses grows employ college trained horticulturalists, some with masters degrees.
"There's nothing these kids learn in school that they can't learn on the street!" Peter Griffin.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stXG3np-BWE

I'll see your Horticulturalist, and raise you one Professional Pothead.

Well, at least when their pot sucks, they can say "Grown by PhD xxxXXXX".

@SacredBreh: How's the weather up there. Only a woman could so cunningly deliver daggers as so. Why don't you just say what's on your mind, "I asked a question, why won't you f*&*(ing people just answer me!". People are answering your question, just not "I think it will be xxx$ per #". I think people are busy writing up their own Pro Formas at the moment, and aren't really into sharing, b/c when everyone can do it, your no longer part of the club for just growing pot (not ness you, but the trolls with ties, trust funds and graduation rings).

Last edited:

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
some with masters degrees. LOL

Point is - the stockholders will put the accountants in charge, (they have Masters Degrees too!) we all know where that leads.

It becomes business and profit.

Ernest and Julio sell a hell lotta wine - errrr swill.

Dom Perignon has a stable and expanding customer base. - (and I assume accountants involved somewhere - just not in the working end)

2 totally different markets.

Boutique and Coinsure growers threaten commercial opps, because with nothing to compare, comercial grown can look appealing. However when compared to prime product grown organically and (even mostly) chemical free, my peeps always choose boutique quality.

viva la difference!

I believe it important to support the boutique growers and - not restrict the cottage grow industry.

Big business seldom has my best interests at heart.

Wine - tobbacco, food, drug - you pick the industry,, the big conglomerates try to silence any threat to thier way of business.

Big business was the push to turn Colorado and Washington into Amsterdam USA. IMHO, that is why state residency wasn't required. - that and it could be embarassing to have tourists standing outside pot shops asking passersby to "score some bud" for me and my peeps.

The next few years could be interesting.

Anyone know of a job in CO? Anywhere in CO, I'm all ready to move from New England but I'd like to have a job first, even just a cheesy legit one. I'm just going to get a cheap one bedroom apartment.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
The lower your standards, the brighter the job front.

beware - that one bedroom apt can take 2 jobs. Assuming you like to eat regurarly and go out once or twice a month.

Start low and do a decent job,, summtin usually opens up.

EVERYFOOKINBODY drug tests.

Thank god my doberman can't roll a doobie.

Strange,, but convienent, they don't check gender OR species.

Last edited:

Rednick

Veteran
More than likely the employment front will be challenged with a currently working employee facing dismissal from a drug test, than the court finding a 'job seeker' was violated by the test.
It hasn't been challenged yet in court, so they can test you and not hire you all they want still. I know the legislature could have stepped in, but that isn't their style ;)
But there is always kitchen work available ANYWHERE. It just will probably be shit pay and shit work. Otherwise CL list is a good bet for shit jobs, too.
I am figuring if you are asking about jobs on this site, you don't have any specialized skills. Otherwise, check with those associations.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
What do/have, you done in the past job wise?

Heard RTD (Regional Transportation District) is hiring Drivers..... but that job, at least currently, cuts out drugs. Drug testing is, I hear, common there.

I've been avoiding the job market since I've been retired for a couple of years now. So I'm mostly NO help. I expect it'll have to be a 'non driving' job, to avoid the UAs.

I do have an extensive resume, but I know that I'm not going to be hired 'on the spot' for any of those things. I think it would be safer to get a McJob initially and then while making a few bucks, set up my grow and buff out my resume and ties.. $600 a mo in rent is less than 1/3 of what I pay now.. Kinda tired of being a working professional so-to-speak, I'm looking forward to a low pressure job in a way, even though I'm a very responsible person and you wouldn't guess that I smoke..

Rednick

Veteran
I do have an extensive resume, but I know that I'm not going to be hired 'on the spot' for any of those things. I think it would be safer to get a McJob initially and then while making a few bucks, set up my grow and buff out my resume and ties.. $600 a mo in rent is less than 1/3 of what I pay now.. Kinda tired of being a working professional so-to-speak, I'm looking forward to a low pressure job in a way, even though I'm a very responsible person and you wouldn't guess that I smoke..

Well, sounds like there are only two things holding you back.
Your right foot, and your left foot
:blowbubbles:

2 Legal Co

Veteran

If you're fit physically, you might contact the River Rafting Companies. They hire 'guides' seasonally. Looks like we'll have a decent 'run off' this spring.... NOW is the time to get with them, if interested. They teach what you need to know. Mostly need to be able to converse with the 'tourists'.

Rafting is a happening thing on both the Colorado River and the Arkansas River, here in Colo....next month till Labor Day. Mostly college students doing it, but not all.

I too, understand what appearances can do for or against you.

"Imagine that, me work'n for you." :laughing::laughing::laughing:

J

JimmyRow

If you're fit physically, you might contact the River Rafting Companies. They hire 'guides' seasonally. Looks like we'll have a decent 'run off' this spring.... NOW is the time to get with them, if interested. They teach what you need to know. Mostly need to be able to converse with the 'tourists'.

Rafting is a happening thing on both the Colorado River and the Arkansas River, here in Colo....next month till Labor Day. Mostly college students doing it, but not all.

I too, understand what appearances can do for or against you.

"Imagine that, me work'n for you." :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Yes, its hiring time, but most charge $350 +/- for a one to two week training course, then another investment of 3-6 hundred dollars in gear, then the money is hit or miss. OK in June, better in July and the first half of august, the on the decline. It'd be cool as hell though. My boss is a guide during the summer, and said if I had bills to pay he wouldn't reccomend being a first year guide.

SacredBreh

That is some fuuunnnnnnnnnyyyyy shit!

That is some fuuunnnnnnnnnyyyyy shit!

The lower your standards, the brighter the job front.

beware - that one bedroom apt can take 2 jobs. Assuming you like to eat regurarly and go out once or twice a month.

Start low and do a decent job,, summtin usually opens up.

EVERYFOOKINBODY drug tests.

Thank god my doberman can't roll a doobie.

Strange,, but convenient, they don't check gender OR species.

It was hard to type this because I was laughing so hard!!!!! That was very funny... :laughing:

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Yes, its hiring time, but most charge $350 +/- for a one to two week training course, then another investment of 3-6 hundred dollars in gear, then the money is hit or miss. OK in June, better in July and the first half of august, the on the decline. It'd be cool as hell though. My boss is a guide during the summer, and said if I had bills to pay he wouldn't reccomend being a first year guide.

Thx for speaking up.... I did not know that.

I just watch them float by, while i'm fishing.:biggrin:

J

JimmyRow

Thx for speaking up.... I did not know that.

I just watch them float by, while i'm fishing.:biggrin:

Nice...its finally time for the trouts to start moving up here. Yesterday was my first decent day of the season...I'm sure I could've been out last week, but been up in the "office" trim min' for the past two weeks

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Went to Antero day before yesterday, Nice weather, ice melted 20-30 yards out by 13:00. Feesh however did not show up. Maybe next time.

Had a chauffeur, cookie for breakfast... and a Bluebird day.

Weeeelllll a driver who was previously designated, anyway. :tiphat:

J

JimmyRow

Aren't they draining antero this year. That being said. Might have to make a meal out of it..

Gotta take advantage, sometimes the little fuckers don't show. Tight lines

2 Legal Co

Veteran
yeah, they now say they are loosing too much water because the water table is dropping, so they are draining it.

Last time they said the dam needed work and they wanted to Dredge the basin.....just re-opened 2-3 years ago again. Denver Water Board, owns it, ya know.

I was exercising my arm with a Granger Special, and an Orvis Battenkill. Had a 7WF to make'em work right. Sore arm by end of the day. lol

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Aren't they draining antero this year. That being said. Might have to make a meal out of it..

Gotta take advantage, sometimes the little fuckers don't show. Tight lines

When they re-opened it to fishing a couple years ago, they restocked it with a Bunch of HOGS. I suspect they were old breeder stock. Saw one that was the most part of 30"s.

They redid the access roads as well. You don't loosen your teeth nearly as bad now. May be time to keep a few for the grill.

Status
Not open for further replies.