What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on the subject of Amendment 64, I was obviously unaware there are "no limits" on the amount of Cannabis you can have in your house, as long as it was produced from how many ever plants that particular household is allowed..... but, not everyone is getting the message. Sure to be a lawsuit about this, Counties can't just ignore the State Constitution...

http://www.noco5.com/story/20260900/weld-co-says-no-to-marijuana-possession?clienttype=printable

Weld Co. Says No to Marijuana Possession

Posted: Dec 04, 2012 3:54 PM MSTUpdated: Dec 04, 2012 3:54 PM MST
By Alex Ruiz -

As the state tries to figure out exactly how to handle Amendment 64, counties and municipalities are taking action on their own.

After a Commissioner hearing Monday morning, Weld is on track for being one of the first counties to implement Amendment 64...Just slightly different then what most would expect.
Weld county commissioner Sean Conway said that his district is making it very clear where they stand on Amendment 64.
They're sticking with federal law that the possession of marijuana is illegal. And Weld county will treat it as such.
It is still against the law. Nothing that the voters did in November changed the law. Federal law says marijuana is illegal.
Weld county District Attorney Ken Buck publicly announced that he will continue to prosecute marijuana cases where as Boulder County DA Stanley Garnett said the opposite.
Weld is one of the fastest moving counties in Colorado to implement Amendment 64, and the commissioners said it was because of a piece of legislation that passed two years ago regarding medical marijuana.
Conway said that at the Monday meeting not a single resident spoke out about their decision to continue to prosecute marijuana.
The municipalities within Weld County...like Frederick, Dacono and Severance are able to do what they want regarding Amendment 64 but cities like Greeley must follow suit with what Weld County is doing.
Weld County commissioners will have two more public hearings and a final vote will be made in January regarding how they choose to prosecute.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Spotted this line in the opening of section 3.

(3) Personal use of marijuana. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF LAW, THE FOLLOWING ACTS ARE NOT UNLAWFUL AND SHALL NOT BE AN OFFENSE UNDER COLORADO LAW OR THE LAW OF ANY LOCALITY WITHIN COLORADO OR BE A BASIS FOR SEIZURE OR FORFEITURE OF ASSETS UNDER COLORADO LAW FOR PERSONS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER:

Right there is a leg to stand on for us,... and a rather sever blow to them! :D

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Spotted this line in the opening of section 3.

"(3) Personal use of marijuana. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF LAW, THE FOLLOWING ACTS ARE NOT UNLAWFUL AND SHALL NOT BE AN OFFENSE UNDER COLORADO LAW OR THE LAW OF ANY LOCALITY WITHIN COLORADO OR BE A BASIS FOR SEIZURE OR FORFEITURE OF ASSETS UNDER COLORADO LAW FOR PERSONS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER:"

Right there is a leg to stand on for us,... and a rather sever blow to them! :D
They'll find the only way they can prosecute is by turning it over to the feds.

Any more involvement than that and they'll lose their jobs and be open for lawsuits. I wouldn't want to be a peace *coughyeahrightcough* officer in Weld with a superior (in rank) breathing down my neck to bust Dickie over there with a half gram of skunk.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

R

recent guest

I heard one of our reps is bringing a bill to the US House, allowing states to opt out of the federal ban. Interesting and hopeful.

However, lets say it passes. There is complete certainty that the US Supreme Court will shut it down, because think of the precedent that it sets: States can chose which federal laws they do and do not want to partake in? Well there goes the power of federal law. If this were the 1700's this battle would be being waged by Federalists and Anti-Federalists, and this would be a tremendous Anti-Federalist victory.

NPR is stuck on in my truck, and thats not a problem. I have listened to governor hickenlooper talk about this subject briefly a few times, and while I am a supporter of his, hes being really politically careful about this one and its annoying, frankly. His argument is about this being bad for our kids. What he's saying is that he thinks his constituents break the law a lot. The law says you have to be 21 to interact with marijuana.

Space Case

Veteran
Back on the topic of weather...the forecast changed pretty quickly. Looks like another dry winter....sigh

Would of been a good year to plant perennials and get my roots established, since its looking to be a mild winter. Anyone else grow Hops or Grapes here?

R

recent guest

Anyone else grow Hops or Grapes here?

Sorry to change the topic! My fault. I grow both! Just built about a mile of 8 foot fence and stuck 10 grape plants in and about 30 hops rhizomes earlier this summer. Got tons of other perennial vines going as well. If it doesn't snow though, I wont have water to keep them going as I rely on a very micro-watershed along with a spring.

D

draco

Back on the subject of Amendment 64, I was obviously unaware there are "no limits" on the amount of Cannabis you can have in your house, as long as it was produced from how many ever plants that particular household is allowed..... but, not everyone is getting the message. Sure to be a lawsuit about this, Counties can't just ignore the State Constitution...

http://www.noco5.com/story/20260900/weld-co-says-no-to-marijuana-possession?clienttype=printable

Weld Co. Says No to Marijuana Possession

Posted: Dec 04, 2012 3:54 PM MSTUpdated: Dec 04, 2012 3:54 PM MST
By Alex Ruiz -

As the state tries to figure out exactly how to handle Amendment 64, counties and municipalities are taking action on their own.

After a Commissioner hearing Monday morning, Weld is on track for being one of the first counties to implement Amendment 64...Just slightly different then what most would expect.
Weld county commissioner Sean Conway said that his district is making it very clear where they stand on Amendment 64.
They're sticking with federal law that the possession of marijuana is illegal. And Weld county will treat it as such.
It is still against the law. Nothing that the voters did in November changed the law. Federal law says marijuana is illegal.
Weld county District Attorney Ken Buck publicly announced that he will continue to prosecute marijuana cases where as Boulder County DA Stanley Garnett said the opposite.
Weld is one of the fastest moving counties in Colorado to implement Amendment 64, and the commissioners said it was because of a piece of legislation that passed two years ago regarding medical marijuana.
Conway said that at the Monday meeting not a single resident spoke out about their decision to continue to prosecute marijuana.
The municipalities within Weld County...like Frederick, Dacono and Severance are able to do what they want regarding Amendment 64 but cities like Greeley must follow suit with what Weld County is doing.
Weld County commissioners will have two more public hearings and a final vote will be made in January regarding how they choose to prosecute.[/QUOTE

We should start a Fund to sue this fuckhead Ken Buck for not following the Constitution of the state of Colorado. Pretty sure that fucker swore an oath.

R

recent guest

It's called the Respect States' and Citizens' Rights Act. Co-sponsored by a bipartisan group of representatives, introduced by Rep. Dianna DeGette. If this passes we out to name a strain after her :)

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Back on the subject of Amendment 64, I was obviously unaware there are "no limits" on the amount of Cannabis you can have in your house, as long as it was produced from how many ever plants that particular household is allowed..... but, not everyone is getting the message.

Apparently the wikipedia page was wrongly stating that you were only allowed to possess an ounce.

I changed it to one ounce travelling and all cannabis allowed at the house where it was grown. Let's see if it stays, with the references I put in. Eh?

LOL

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
It's called the Respect States' and Citizens' Rights Act. Co-sponsored by a bipartisan group of representatives, introduced by Rep. Dianna DeGette. If this passes we out to name a strain after her :)

I'll name a strain after her. It will look great in the bag, but thoroughly let you down when you smoke it :)

She's alright, but I'd be naming it after Polis.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Anyone know of a place to buy veg plants in CO? Do dispensaries still sell them? clone people?<<<<<<edited to conform with the terme of use>>>>>>

Last edited by a moderator:

TheStrainMan

Veteran
Sure self, lots of folks sell clones, and some dispensaries definitely do; but the risk of pests keeps this enterprise subdued. I'll never take a clone unless I know the person's garden reeeeeaaaal well. The worst thing i'd fear to catch is russet mites, and they are impossible to see during a clone exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts