What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that whirlpool filter will remove bio traces down to 1 micron or 99.5 %. citric acid for ph would probably be prefered to the general hydro product.....HAVE FUN!!!!!

Space Case

Veteran
A lowes filter would be fine with me I suppose. The local grow store recommended a RO system they sell for about $200. As for the PH down I read somewhere PH down was harmful to beneficial bacteria. I grow in organic soil and don't wanna harm the herd but I guess I'll have to try and find a happy medium. I picked up some PH down today so I could see how much it would take per gallon to bring the PH into an acceptable range.

It all depends whats in your well, also! Did you say it was like 700 ppm? or 200-300? Wells can often have very high levels of iron and/or sulfur, which can cause lock-out issues. Where I live, my well comes out around 350-450 ppm, and even after running it through a Tall Boy and then a Stealth RO, I only get it down to about 30-40 ppm. Sometimes I will add back some well water to buffer the RO a bit or raise my pH. I personally don't like 0 ppm RO water, even for hydro, but once again, it all depends on what is coming out of your well. Its worth getting it tested! City tap water is a different story, run that through just a Home Depot/Lowes/Tall Boy filter to remove the chlorine/chloramine, and you should be below the 100 ppm mark and good to go. But with wells, each well is different and with all the mining that has gone on in Colorado, you really have no clue what you are getting until you test it.

And yea, you can get some organic pH down, also. Earth Juice and Mad Farmer both make pretty decent pH down that should inflict any pain on your microbial life.

B

BigTex

Space case I had a well at my old place in Arkansas and the plants loved it, but here I'm on municipal water. Ph is 7.8 and 740-760ppm.

I did not worry about it at first but my clone moms I brought with me have pretty much stopped growing and some even look sick after two weeks of this municipal water. I have been letting it sit for a couple days to let the chlorine evaporate but until a couple days ago I had not done anything for the ppm or ph.
as far as PH down I decided to go with citric acid instead.

For my filter I ordered one of these....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-G-Aquari...item2a094b89d4

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone :wave:

hey ace try vibrant health clinic. there a nice friendly group located downtown c springs. there number is 216-8367 the doc rights up a nice letter justifying her numbers and that she will testify in court for you if you need an affirmative defence. when i renewed this time around in oct i got my card in about 6 weeks.

SacredBreh

Big Tex....... Welcome to Colorado.....

Big Tex....... Welcome to Colorado.....

Pueblo water is shit. All faucets have white salt build up around the outlets unless recently replaced. Lots of everything. I prefer to know what I am putting in whether it be soil or hydro but that is just me. The Hydrologic system you were most likely to be shown in P town is simple, easy, and works great. For your needs it will be over kill but you just won't have to change the filter as often as a larger user. It comes with a optional waste water reducer fitting.

Sediment and charcoal filters are mainly used to make water more palatable (charcoal) and so you don't have grit (sediment). Doesn't change water quality at all.

Space Case said it--some wells are excellent and some wells are not, it just depends on what aquifer you are taking it out of, usually deeper is better. On wells, I would recommend a UV water sterilizer especially if it is not a deep well.

Just my humble opinions.

Know a guy who lived in Canon City and he used to say, "Flush twice, Pueblo needs the water."

Peace

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Got a new toy! :D

Need to work with it a bit more, but here's one of the first shots.

Power Kush
picture.php

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Cheap ass digital scope,....(only 45x magnification) I really wish I had the scratch to waste on a proper camera that could take macro's like that!!!!!

Nother shot same bud.
picture.php

I'm still playing with the software,... seems like I could get better resolution by changing settings here and there.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
hey guys, i know this answer is probably in this thread somewhere but i dont have the time to dig 350+ pages! and im having some trouble googling it...

can you be a legal caregiver in co. if you have been charged with a felony but not convicted?

a friend tells me you cant...

and, could i take overages from my personal garden in?

i know the laws are not clear if two cardholders can share the same garden, does anyone have some insight on how this is? (of course wondering if my girlfriend/wife could share the same space)

i hope these questions are ok. mods, my apologies if they are not.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
thanks cannawhatsis for yet another prompt answer.
also big thank you to SacredBreh for an amazingly quick clear and accurate response via pm. guess its true what they say about you guys! i really hope i can make it there, i want to be a part of the greatness

Maximo

Blue Dream from Denver

Blue Dream from Denver

Hey folks,

I'm looking for some info?, could someone PM me as to what clones are available in Denver to a medical user, I need a really good hash producer, the Blue Dream from Denver I'm growing now is just not cutting it as a hashish producer.

My Blue Dream from Denver, Co.

picture.php

picture.php

Peace
Max

spunion

Maximo, I got this Flo cut from CDS-THC on Colo blvd:

Biexf.jpg

Also if anybody is looking to get production strain check out Big Head Todd. It has thick, dense, frosty nugs...great yield. Aroma ranges from coffee to chocolate to fruit. Should be able to finish in under 8 weeks too. I fucked it up on my first go round but it's looking outrageous for me this time.

thought i'd check in and show everyone an update on my crops. things have ben going off without a hitch for a while so no drama to report but nice healthy buds getting fat lol. I'm one week into flushing so harvest starts next week woohoo and i just flipped my second room.

on stage we got slh,the recon, sourdiesel, gost og, and brucebanner#3 enjoy

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

slh
IMG_3231.jpg

dour d
IMG_3221.jpg

gost og
IMG_3232.jpg

sour d
IMG_3235.jpg

the recon