What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
I add Calmag throughout the grow. I think that is due to my water though.

Just the H3ad formula, and 2ml of BB per gal the last 6 weeks of flower.

G

greenmatter

bloombastic just made the grow store list .... thanks bobby!

my tap water is all over the place ppm and ph-wise so i go with RO. i wanted to use epsom salts and calcium chloride to fix the problem but my molar math skills suck. looks like i will be doing Calmag too ....... any specific brand or dosage you would recommend ?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Greenmatter said:
my tap water is all over the place ppm and ph-wise so i go with RO. i wanted to use epsom salts and calcium chloride to fix the problem but my molar math skills suck. looks like i will be doing Calmag too

1 tsp per gallon of maxibloom or 8-16 of GH Flora. With R/O water you won't need Cal/Mag unless you get some mag or cal hungry strains. Believe me.... there is plenty of available calcium and magnesium in there to round out your R/O water. :D

Stay Safe!

p.s. lucasformula.com has the basics... Do a search for "Lucas Formula" and you'll eventually find the original postings by Lucas himself.

Lucas formula grows weed that tastes like crap, H3AD or REZ is better..... grown in COCO. Did you know some nutrients can't be flushed? If you overfeed sometimes you can't get those nutes back out.

6 ml GH Micro
9 ml GH Bloom
5 ml Cal Mag

Days 14, 21 28 and 35 top feed 5ml Kool Bloom Powder, plus I am using Floralicious, or you could use Bloombastic, or some other flower stimulator. I am also using Bat Guano Tea, Orca, and Roots Excellerator, all at the appropriate times.....

After day 35 I drop the micro, after day 49 plain water only till the chop at day 63, if you are going for 70 days, move everything back a week, etc.....

S

Stankie

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .:bashhead:

I love organic growing! So cheap. So easy. Such good weed.:dance013:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
BudSpleefman said:
Lucas formula grows weed that tastes like crap, H3AD or REZ is better..... grown in COCO

Uhhh... I don't use Coco and haven't run across anyone yet that grows as clean of meds as I do.... 'Cept that dispensary in Chatsworth, CA. So.... don't know what you're talking about.

The key is to not overfeed.... ever. Flushing only remove the mobile elements... yep.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks using Lucas Formula to grow crappy weed.

Stay Safe! :D

picture.php

Good Morning from northern California's "emerald triangle"

Here for David Nelson Band "Harvest Tour"
Found out the hard way last year to stay away from my friends who are judges - hahaha

picture.php

if any of you get a chance stop by and water my girls
those smart pots worry me - hahaha

I beg to differ. the lucas method works well when dealing with the right strains. It tends to be stable when comparing results per light, and is a good base line to work from when using enhansing additions. It has been a staple to win many awards in production and continues to be a viable base....just sayin...

G

greenmatter

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .:bashhead:

I love organic growing! So cheap. So easy. Such good weed.:dance013:

100% true !!!! ............. but then you do something crazy like grow in a beer cup and find out that it is a little different than a 5 gallon air pot.

........ and you refer to the first line in my sig

hey man, sorry gm, I was addressing bud spleefmans negative coments about lucas. If you run a hydro production opperation, you might run 20+ strains and need to use a system that works well for the highest percentage. frankly, I prefer rockwool to beer cups but appreciate your perspective.....HAVE FUN!!!!

gardenlover

I know I am going to step on toes here but I must say it, synthetic's are for people who do not require the best taste and effect. There is no substitute for 100% organics. I would be willing to do a taste test to prove it as well. Not to say this is the only way to grow.

Y

YosemiteSam

Uhhh... I don't use Coco and haven't run across anyone yet that grows as clean of meds as I do.... 'Cept that dispensary in Chatsworth, CA. So.... don't know what you're talking about.

The key is to not overfeed.... ever. Flushing only remove the mobile elements... yep.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks using Lucas Formula to grow crappy weed.

Stay Safe! :D

I agree for taste the key is not to overfeed...either organic (which I found out like I find out most things...by overfeeding organics outdoors) or chem nutes.

But, if you follow the Lucas method your feed strength is set. Might it not be too strong for some, weak for others and just right for Goldilocks...just sayin.

Might it also be that Lucas is designed for ebb and flo which forces serious compromises for the sake of buffering pH. There is no reason for all of that P if you are dtw.

I think these are the reasons you see a lot of people switching to H3ad's method when they switch to dtw. It is a lower feed, but it is the same every time and, imo, it does give better taste in dtw. Then again, there are a million ways to skin that cat.

And overall I agree...you want the absolute best taste go organic. I got to smoke some organic Skywalker done very well the other night...my compliments to the chef...it was just outstanding.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Did my first organic grow outdoors this summer, Can't say it was all that much different from the same strain done indoors with synthetics. But I don't smoke enough to actually tell.

If anything, I'd say total yield was DOWN from indoors, but she was buried in the tomatoes for cover, and she never got a chance to fully finish vs indoors.

Looked great tho!
picture.php

aceofspades

Floor Plan

Floor Plan

Alright, been working on my new room. The room is 9'7"x9'7"x 7'5".
I am going to run 4k while I can ( until summer ) just got my timer built and now I have power.

Here is a picture up what I taped out as a floor plan, but I will not have much walking around room, 1 ft on each side, and will not be able to access the middle of the grow, so I do not like it.
My brain is fried from being at the bank all day dealing with fraudulent charges to my account, so I can not seem to figure out a better floor plan. There will be 8 plants in 20 gal smart pots, and I plan to build some sort of catch tray with pond liner and 2x4s.

floor.jpg

So what other plans can I use? Only other option I thought of was measuring out 4 ft from the left and right walls and then having a walkway down the middle, but I also need to put in some oscillating fans, probably 1 in each corner, but I do want to stay away from buying 40 dollar fans when I can get them for probably 20 but they will be on stands. The carbon scrubber will be hung opposite the passive intake.

Heres another pic I took this summer on a solo hike to help soothe my thought process
IMGP8241.jpg

ACE

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I am going to run 4k while I can ( until summer ) just got my timer built and now I have power.

Here is a picture up what I taped out as a floor plan, but I will not have much walking around room, 1 ft on each side, and will not be able to access the middle of the grow, so I do not like it.
My brain is fried from being at the bank all day dealing with fraudulent charges to my account, so I can not seem to figure out a better floor plan. There will be 8 plants in 20 gal smart pots, and I plan to build some sort of catch tray with pond liner and 2x4s.

floor.jpg

So what other plans can I use? Only other option I thought of was measuring out 4 ft from the left and right walls and then having a walkway down the middle, but I also need to put in some oscillating fans, probably 1 in each corner, but I do want to stay away from buying 40 dollar fans when I can get them for probably 20 but they will be on stands. The carbon scrubber will be hung opposite the passive intake.

Heres another pic I took this summer on a solo hike to help soothe my thought process
IMGP8241.jpg

ACE

20 gal's are pretty big for an indoor..... but if I already had the bags wattage and space,....
I would do 4 20's, one in each corner, and give each a 3 foot square screen for a SCROG grow.

Of course, your still setting up, so what about.....

Going SOG and do 4 5galon bags in each 3' square straight up natural grow?

As far as circulation and scrubbing,... fans of many sizes can be used anywhere! ;) And who ever said the filter had to be in the same room?:blowbubbles:

Dorje113

floor.jpg

IMGP8241.jpg

ACE

A ~2' wide aisle down the middle is going to be the most efficient use of space, then hang the fan and filter from the ceiling above the aisle.

IDK if you plan on venting the hoods, but I don't think it's worth it. The Sunlight Supply Agrotech Magnum Hoods are a good deal too...

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran

floor.jpg

IMGP8241.jpg

ACE

9x9 (approx) room with 2k 5.7lbs. With three bulbs and less strain variation Id guess somewhere around 8-9

picture.php

picture.php

aceofspades

I am allowed to grow 9 plants in this area. I am no master grower but I am getting better. Once I have enough to spare I will send in a sample.

I would love to grow a stadium grow but my plant count won't allow it.

I am just looking for a good floor plan that will work most efficiently in my space with 4k watts. DONT get me going on building a new room! ahahah

You all rock, and I wish the best on all of you

Whats everyone know about 303 seeds?

Have a few mothers but just curious

ACE

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
I hear ya. For a flat canopy Id do two rows of 2 magnum hoods. For about a 4.5ft x 4.5ft footprint per light. With screens. You'd have a one foot aisle right down the middle and it would be easy peasy. Then if you can manage an extra light, even a 600 I'd do an open bulb mh/cmh.

That's exactly what I would do.. I do think 20 gallons are a bit overkill for 9 plants in that room. Maybe not What is your weight goal? With two plants per light with canopies that will fill out evenly 2 per would achievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.