What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is hilarious YosemiteSam

Thank You, we laughed our old butts off !!!!!

Tell your Bill Murry buddy to dust his plants with flour,
the same stuff you bake with
If the hoppy little fucks eat the flower it gums their insides all up and they are done eating anything
Haven't resorted to it yet but that is what I read on the interweb

Maybe that will keep "Carl" from resorting to c-4

I went to Home Depot today to get some fall plants to replace the eaten summer flowers for the front yard.
I hope I am not just spending money on grasshopper food
We have green, yellow, brown, and black grasshoppers
I have lived coast to coast and have never seen anything like this

"Lucy" has suffered some minor munching, nothing life threatening

picture.php

all in all our LSD strain is doing well in the back yard
My wife wants to start doing "grasshopper patrol"
baby that just makes you an accessory after the fact - hahaha

picture.php

Good bye 90 degree days hope we don't see you until next summer

It doesn't!

Most of the available strains are meant to be grown in 50-75% humidity,... yeah, I measure 5-25 regularly.

Temps are all over the board with average fluctuations of arount 20 degree's day/night

First freeze here is normally late october, and will kill most strains,.....

Outdoor here SUX! ;)

see previous post... outdoor organic is the only way to fly...

If you can only have 3 plants flower, make them 5# A+ ea

I FIND that colorado front range grows some great high altitude weed... closer to the sun, tricromes are the sun screen.

Manitoid

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Oh your yard will be glorious, Dragging Hooks! I just put in some viola's the other day for the same reason.
All my best to Lucy and the girls! :)
Canniwhatsis: Your cat is darling! That pic cracked me up! :D Please give kitty a treat for me!! :cathug:
Originally posted by YosemiteSam:
I heard Groundation's disc A Gathering of Elders...wow. Hope i get a chance to see them live sometime.
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed it, Samuel! They are fantastic live!
Unfortunately, it's kinda tough to see them unless you are willing to travel, (which is definitely worth it), or live in Europe or CA.
Most of their shows are super intimate and they (almost) always stick around afterwards to meet and chat, (and puff), with everyone afterwards...
And Harrison, in particular, is as nice as you'd hope he would be. I really hope you get to see them!!
There are quite a few more albums and they're all amazing!! Enjoy!!!!

Take care neighbors! :joint:
:witch:

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
see previous post... outdoor organic is the only way to fly...

If you can only have 3 plants flower, make them 5# A+ ea

I FIND that colorado front range grows some great high altitude weed... closer to the sun, tricromes are the sun screen.

Manitoid

Sorry,... I'm a Co native, and have seen WAY too much immigration to this beautiful state, it's quickly become "East" cali and "North" mexico, :frown:

Truth be told, it's a great climate for growing pretty much anything, not to mention weed..... but I could go without the tourists ;)

@ Natty; Your quite welcome! :D and yes he got some more treats tonight, he's old and getting stiff. Chewing on the leaves puts him back in kitten mode. :blowbubbles:

Sorry,... I'm a Co native, and have seen WAY too much immigration to this beautiful state, it's quickly become "East" cali and "North" mexico, :frown:

Truth be told, it's a great climate for growing pretty much anything, not to mention weed..... but I could go without the tourists ;)

I will be one vote for screw being called east cali. We represent ourself without being umbrella'd in as the little ugly step brother of the all mighty california.

I think colorado has way more to offer... look outside!

but you know that!

Manitoid!

never done outdoor
these were just tossed in the ground late may early june bc they were unwanted my roommate w not much experience is takin care of them theyre also under shade til about 1030

doesnt look too sucky to me :laughing:
for a grand total of zero dollars invested so far its pretty amazing to me and it sure has a lit a fire in me next summer its on!

Attachments

• 090111120333[1].jpg
    090111120333[1].jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 5

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Originally posted by ManitoidsGhost: I will be one vote for screw being called east cali.
We represent ourself without being umbrella'd in as the little ugly step brother of the all mighty california.
Well said. :good:
Despite some setbacks, (and some out-of-state intervention; *looking at you, Cali*); in the constant revision to 'med. canna' legislation, we have made progress too.......

I have lived all over the country and Colorado really is tops!
...after finally making it 'full circle', returning to CO, where I was born and lived as a little one...
and none of the places I have lived could hold a candle to CO!
It's so neat to finally go to all of the places my parents told me about growing up and took me as a little one...
They always made sure they kept CO on my mind...
I always had CSU, Nugget and Bronco's gear as a kid and Red Rocks was a place I must have heard about a zillion times.
They took me as a tot; (back in the day, musically), to see: Dylan, the Dead, CSN&Y, CCR, etc. etc.

And while I definitely understand why the tourists and 'flat landers' drive people crazy:
- they are the worst drivers!!! :noon:
- and they litter everywhere: (I hate seeing McD's garbage along the roads, and especially TP in the parks!! Gurrrr!)
....I also understand why they want to visit...I am continually in awe of this place.

...Let's just keep it at a visit! 'Cause I'm staying!! ;) :D

Wishing all the best to you, neighbor!! :wave:
:witch:

aceofspades

Went solo camping, well I brought the dog, for the first time in my life. I was outside of salida on my way up to monarch. If this rings a bell, by mile marker 203 on rte 285, then you know what I am talking about. Woke up to this amazing site this morning. I smoked a bowl and explored. Does anyone know what type of wildlife are in those hills. I awoke to something sniffing around and making a ruckus and I swear it was taller than my one man tent.
IMGP8236.jpg

Ace

Went solo camping, well I brought the dog, for the first time in my life. I was outside of salida on my way up to monarch. If this rings a bell, by mile marker 203 on rte 285, then you know what I am talking about. Woke up to this amazing site this morning. I smoked a bowl and explored. Does anyone know what type of wildlife are in those hills. I awoke to something sniffing around and making a ruckus and I swear it was taller than my one man tent.

Ace

black bears and mountains lions yes... just be careful, store food... make a ruckus yourself keeps em away.

they are there though

aceofspades

Good to know. I will def. try and get back there this fall. So peaceful. I couldnt even take long exposure shots like I am used to in the city because it was so dark there. The shots take 3x as long to expose.

Nothing beats waking up the next day and not have had to use the bear mace.

Ace

G

greenmatter

the grass hoppers are bad this summer
but I guess it could be worse hahaha

picture.php

saw the damage that one of those things can do in a monty python flick ........ looks like you found a way to tame the savage beast DH:) ..... never turn you back on a sober rabbit

I had two grasshopper infiltrators chop the heads off and merc 3 seedlings last week, seemed to like the sour bubble better than ultra sonja. :( Oh well, at least im not outside and having to go Bill Murray on their asses :p

rather large bust north of town yesterday in a rented house
220 plants, pounds of magic mushrooms
lots of fire arms
20 something young married couple who moved here from Kansas to grow pot
They claimed they were care givers for 5 patients but couldn't produce any type of paperwork

220 plants for five patients??? Sounds like they need to brush up on their math skills

Tip from a neighbor who noticed suspicious activity at the house

When ever I read something like this I always look for what tipped off the cops and try to learn from it so as not to make the same mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts