What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow i havent been on here in ages lol CHECK OUT MY GIRLS FOLKS Day 22 of flowering :D
IMG_0887.jpg
IMG_0884.jpg
IMG_0888.jpg
IMG_0881.jpg
IMG_0894.jpg

homebrew420

That tahoe OG is a real nice smoke with great flavor. I wonder how that bubba d will be for you. I got some bubba kush in boulder the other day and it was amazing, but it is a hard couch lock weed. Can't bring myself to do anything after i smoke it. I am wondering if the Master kush I have going is gonna be the same way?
Where did you get the Master Kush from? Local Vendor?

Greenmopho

Colorado Growers Thread

Budsworth said:
Yeah. This had crossed my mind.

Question. I just leave the a/c on and use the built in thermostat. I would need a separate thermostat if I wanted to do this because obviously there is no way to hook up the inline fan to the internal thermostat on the a/c. Am I correct on this?

Unfortunately, the way the a/c is made, I don't think I can use an external thermostat because it wouldn't power up the unit. Just give it power. I'd still have to go in and turn the unit on by hand.

WTF am I missing here?

Do the portable ACs have the return and supply on the unit? And you are ducting out the hot exhaust for the air exchange?

I agree with Tr33, you will need a lot more than just a 6" inline filter. Are you doing a sealed room or negative pressure? And yes, most likely a 160cfm fan will not be enough. In fact, if the exchange fan is stronger than 160 cfm, you are actually hindering your air flow with the duct booster (Sorry about the recommendation in my last post, I don't think I truly understood what you were asking).

I believe the exchange ducts from a portable AC is 5", you want to upgrade that to at least 6", if not more. Also, where are you pulling in air for your exchange? If its from in the room, thats probably where the smell is coming from. My portable ac air exchange has no odor to it and I don't have to filter it.

If need be, check out SELFHEMPLOYED's thread on building a box with a charcoal filter in it that you can duct everything to...

Budsworth

Do the portable ACs have the return and supply on the unit? And you are ducting out the hot exhaust for the air exchange?

I agree with Tr33, you will need a lot more than just a 6" inline filter. Are you doing a sealed room or negative pressure? And yes, most likely a 160cfm fan will not be enough. In fact, if the exchange fan is stronger than 160 cfm, you are actually hindering your air flow with the duct booster (Sorry about the recommendation in my last post, I don't think I truly understood what you were asking).

I believe the exchange ducts from a portable AC is 5", you want to upgrade that to at least 6", if not more. Also, where are you pulling in air for your exchange? If its from in the room, thats probably where the smell is coming from. My portable ac air exchange has no odor to it and I don't have to filter it.

If need be, check out SELFHEMPLOYED's thread on building a box with a charcoal filter in it that you can duct everything to...

Okay. Let me see if I can give you a lay out of my ventilation. First and foremost, I only have one leg of ventilation. I am planning to add a second leg next week. Temps in my room held up just fine until the last heatwave we had in early June. At that pointed added a portable AC unit, and put in a 5" dryer exhaust vent in the side of my house to directly vent the heat exhaust from my AC.

As for ventilation PRE AC (and present if the above dryer vent is taken out of the equation), here's a pic:

RoomPic9.jpg

My intake is from the old heat register (in the opposite corner of the room coming in at floor level). Unhooked the duct for the register from the furnace in the crawl space. That's my only intake as of now. I put a matching register upside down on the existing heat register, and attached a 6" inline fan. The ducting in the crawl space coming from the furnace is only 4".

Filter over kill. I think it's a 125. In the wood box is a ten inch Can Fan Max Fan. Because I only had the budget for one leg, I run that one leg as follows:

Filter--->Fan--->Lights (2k in 2 x XXXL 6's)--->10" Exhaust in roof

Because the lights must have air rushing through them when they're on, the ventilation must be on the whole time. Makes it tough to control the environment when that Max Fan is sucking everything out for 12 hours a day.

So...I am adding a second sealed leg in a new 6" vent(actually the vent is made for two 6" ducts) in my roof. My plan for the two legs of ventilation will look like this:

Intake in roof--->6" Max Fan--->through both lights---exhaust through the roof at other end of room

Intake at old heat register vent--->room--->can filter--->exhaust out the roof

Brainstorming the last couple of days (thanks for the ideas, they got my head-a-brewin'):

I could turn that new exhaust vent for the A/C into another intake (would a simple backdraft damper be all I need from letting the smell out?). I'm sure that would help a bit right there with temps. "Y" my AC exhaust through the light exhaust, splicing in just where the exhaust leaves the room through the ceiling. Would run a 6" inline filter than an inline 6" fan to pull it through the filter.

Then install my new sealed light leg.

Sorry for the long post. I just realized I didn't give you guys enough information on my ventilation system to be able to formulate any solutions. The other crap is because I'm baked. :wave:

Greenmopho

Budsworth, I still don't totally understand what you are doing with the holes in your roof, I need to re-read your post I think to really try to get a grasp. Are you planning on running both of those ventilation legs at the same time? Each through 2 lights, so 4 lights total? If you are going to tie in the A/C exhaust to your hot air exhaust for your lights, make sure you put the backdraft damper right before the Y, because that is where hot air will seep in when your ac switches off. Also, you will need at least an 8" fan if you are going to split to a 6" Y, otherwise you are loosing too much airflow.

How many CFM is that 10" MaxFan? 1023 CFM? That is more than you need for 2 lights, you could use that fan for your whole run, and put a speed controller on it to give you more control over your environment. Are you running your lights at night? If you can, build a room or cabinet to put the portable AC into as a lung room, and run your exchange independently for the AC, and then pull your intake for the room from the lung room/cabinet?

From the pics, I would also try to cut down on some of those 90º angles, they reduce air flow. Also, most people recommend running your fan AFTER your lights, so the fan isn't putting positive pressure in the lights, causing it to leak hot air out of all the little hidden openings around the glass. I haven't seen a brand of hoods that doesn't leak air, even a little.

superusa

Where did you get the Master Kush from? Local Vendor?

Kind of, got it from a buddy who grows for a local dispensary. He grew out a 10 pack of the nirvana and kept one, so I took a cut of it. I would love to know of a local dispensary that even sells good clones......if you know of any please tell me. I would especially like to know one that tells you what breeder etc on the level instead of just making some shit up like they usually do. I would love to be able to get some clones of some WW, ECSD, NYCD, Strawberry Cough, OG Kush....

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Lemon Skunk @35 days it has that cat piss smell... i hope it turns more lemon candy like the Super Lemon Haze...

picture.php

dman16

Thanks guys you are kind. Yes you are right Foco this is only my 2nd grow, im only a noob haha. I hope in the future to be able to become a caregiver and provide top quality nuggets once i get everything dialed in. For now just provides some nice free smoke for this poor college student lol.

Budsworth

Budsworth, I still don't totally understand what you are doing with the holes in your roof, I need to re-read your post I think to really try to get a grasp. Are you planning on running both of those ventilation legs at the same time? Each through 2 lights, so 4 lights total? If you are going to tie in the A/C exhaust to your hot air exhaust for your lights, make sure you put the backdraft damper right before the Y, because that is where hot air will seep in when your ac switches off. Also, you will need at least an 8" fan if you are going to split to a 6" Y, otherwise you are loosing too much airflow.

How many CFM is that 10" MaxFan? 1023 CFM? That is more than you need for 2 lights, you could use that fan for your whole run, and put a speed controller on it to give you more control over your environment. Are you running your lights at night? If you can, build a room or cabinet to put the portable AC into as a lung room, and run your exchange independently for the AC, and then pull your intake for the room from the lung room/cabinet?

From the pics, I would also try to cut down on some of those 90º angles, they reduce air flow. Also, most people recommend running your fan AFTER your lights, so the fan isn't putting positive pressure in the lights, causing it to leak hot air out of all the little hidden openings around the glass. I haven't seen a brand of hoods that doesn't leak air, even a little.

Are you planning on running both of those ventilation legs at the same time? Each through 2 lights, so 4 lights total?

I'm planning on running the sealed leg that runs through the lights the whole time the lights are on. I'll have it turn off when the lights aren't running. This leg would run through the 2 lights I have. I have two lights total. I was planning on getting one of the new 6" max fans to run this leg.

The leg with the filter on it, was planning on running it 15 mins an hour to pull in fresh air and remove the old. It will be run by the 10" max fan I already have.

If you are going to tie in the A/C exhaust to your hot air exhaust for your lights, make sure you put the backdraft damper right before the Y, because that is where hot air will seep in when your ac switches off. Also, you will need at least an 8" fan if you are going to split to a 6" Y, otherwise you are loosing too much airflow.

I currently have one 8" duct running out of the ceiling, 10' of rigid ducting through the attic to my exhaust vent in my roof (it's a 10" duct in the roof but I have it reduced to 8" right at the 10" vent). Question:

Can I run all three exhausts through that? In other words, the AC exhaust, the sealed light leg exhaust, and the room exhaust (leg with 10" max fan) through that one exhaust? If I could, do I just put a back draft damper on all three before they hit the "y"?

10" MaxFan is about what you're saying in regards to CFM. I already have a triac speed controller that I was using. However, I removed it because my single leg of ventilation just gave me better results when I had the fun on full bore. Fan best on full bore...no reason for the speed controller. Though I could use it once I get the other legs in.

My lights run at night.

I'm not really sure what a lung room is. I can tell you we are tapped on space now, as our house is tiny, and any space in the room has been taken up plants. It's full to the brim.

You said, "run your exchange independently for the AC, and then pull your intake for the room from the lung room/cabinet?". This is confusing to me. Probably because I don't know what a lung room is. I've heard of a lung room, but never researched it.

So maybe here's the best question I should ask...and should have asked first:

What do all of you guys do to get rid of the exhaust heat from the AC you run in your rooms? Did you have to put an odor filter on it?

BTW...owned the AC for a little over a week...burned it out already because of it not being able to get the exhaust through the filter. Costco is giving us our money back because they sold out of that model. :(

I won't hook up another one until I figure out how to vent it correctly.

dman16

mr weekend-you have a great eye. ive been fighting PM this whole grow……the clones came infected with the PM as well as root aphids. needless to say that was my last trip to cannabis healing arts in Ned. The clones all seem to have nice genetics to them, but the problems that came with them is not acceptable at all in my opinion. This is supposed to be medicine and i feel it makes the whole MMJ movement a whole lot less legit with stuff like this going on. For my next grow i plan on sending out some PM's about reputable cuts (and people) so i hopefully never have to deal with these problems again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts