What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSwifty

SFV!

SFV!

Wait so SFV is available in seed form!? Is this of the same quality as the original SFV cut?
And you'll have to excuse me because I'm not as knowledgeable as a lot of you fellas, but how do you get seeds from a clone-only strain? Would they stress it and self-fertilize? Would the offspring be of the same quality?

I'm just curious because SFV is my most-desired cut! I'm trying to get my 3-5 favorites and just run those perpetually. SFV was number one so if this is available in seed then my number one cut just became that much easier to find!

dev0n

If by "clone-only strain" you mean a plant for which only female cuttings are available, there are ways and ways again to get seeds from them -- usually by pissing them off. Some of us have done it by accident and been pleasantly surprised -grin-

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Wait so SFV is available in seed form!? Is this of the same quality as the original SFV cut?
And you'll have to excuse me because I'm not as knowledgeable as a lot of you fellas, but how do you get seeds from a clone-only strain? Would they stress it and self-fertilize? Would the offspring be of the same quality?

I'm just curious because SFV is my most-desired cut! I'm trying to get my 3-5 favorites and just run those perpetually. SFV was number one so if this is available in seed then my number one cut just became that much easier to find!

Yes "Sfv" is available as is "the white" s1's, and even chemdog D s1's. Many people (Rez included) caution against feminizing these strains.

My understanding is

To make a selfed seed (s1) from a female plant you can either hit it with collodial silver, let it flower for a long time and get femmed seeds, or if it's stressed and produces a seed. These are all s1's.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

P

Paco

I thought S1 was when a female pollinates herself. Hence the "S" or selfed "1"First generation. Hell I could be wrong. But it seems like an out cross would have a different acronym.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hemp is correct, and while S1's might not have as much variation as an F1 generation (certainly not as much as an F2) it is difficult to impossible to "re-create" the clone only. But you may find some very good representations.

the last round of sfvs were F4 BX2 beans
if not they are F3s but whatever they are its several generations down the road

lookin for that lemon fuel and lemon pinesol pheno
wish i had rows and rows of these to chose from...

can anyone help me.
im seeing a huge ph drop over 2 days.
i noticed the first big drop about 7 days ago.
so i dumped all but ~ 10% of the res out. refilled with plain tap water (i read it is better to flush with a light nutrient solution as opposed to 0ppm water)
it ph'd to 6.1 so i just left it. flushed that for 2 days and drained in.
filled the res back up. added the previous weeks nutes. added alittle silica and alittle sweet as usual.
i ph'd to 6.1x on friday and let it run.

came back yesterday and checked it.
ph- 4.11
the ppms dont really go down much.
the plants look good over all.
res temps are ~63* and tent temps are ~78h - 60l
res water didnt drop much.

i tried to get a picture of one of the fan leaves:i cant find anything about ph dropping.

the water is tap water, i aerate it normally ~ 4-5 days before it goes into the res.

any help is appreciated.

Previous weeks nutes?? What am I missing here? Did you mix old nutes back in??

You might want to ask in the "Infirmary" thread as well...

K

Kelly.

Previous weeks nutes?? What am I missing here? Did you mix old nutes back in??

You might want to ask in the "Infirmary" thread as well...

previous weeks nutes - meaning i mixed in week 9's nutrients (from the feeding schedule), then saw the drop in ph, dumped, flushed and refilled the res with week 9 nutes again (instead of going to week 10)

The pH drop could be anaerobic activity. If I had no better guidance, I might try something like dutch master zone as per its label directions, assuming you are not running organics.

nope these would be Cali Connection
currently running their SFV Tahoe R@skals OG and the mix pack they make
they are all looking great!

the last round of sfvs were F4 BX2 beans
if not they are F3s but whatever they are its several generations down the road

lookin for that lemon fuel and lemon pinesol pheno
wish i had rows and rows of these to chose from...

Should turn out nice! I've got a mixed pack that I haven't popped yet. Lets see some pics when the actions starts happening please. :thank you:

I've got a 'lemon grease' pheno that is definitely some kinda OG bagseeds. Yield is abysmal, quality, exceptional. :laughing:

as others have said, colloidal silver or some environmental stress(es). that's pretty much how we have sour d in seed form. REZ, who apparently is advising others against selfing this line (hmmmm:thinking:), selfed the clone only sour d and worked his ass off to make a viable seed line and now i can't keep the sour d's straight. what i do know is that absolutely NONE of them compare to the real one. therefore, i've concluded that these selfed lines are not for me, i just don't think that they compare in quality...always hunt down the clone only version. imho.

so this is my theory as to why they don't compare. in our plants, trichomes are produced as defense mechanisms to real, or perceived threats to the plants survival. it is my untested hypothesis that when the plant has to protect itself from the introduced stresses of environmental factors, its energy for self preservation goes to producing seeds to survive, rather than thc, trichomes, and perhaps the other important cannabinoids, which protect against animals and the like. seems to make sense that the DNA of these plants is changed, and the new DNA is one of survival by seed production, rather than survival by trichome production, as that is what was needed to survive the stress which was induced. these are just my thoughts, i'd love to hear competing hypotheses, however. it'd be a pretty complicated study that would verify any of this, seems to me.

well rez may rock the s1s
but that is not what i am growing
these are all F3 or F4s

the sfv project started with an original afghani #1
this pollen was used to dust the original sfv clone making F1s and then just kept goin from there

no selfing used in these projects!

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
as others have said, colloidal silver or some environmental stress(es). that's pretty much how we have sour d in seed form. REZ, who apparently is advising others against selfing this line (hmmmm:thinking:), selfed the clone only sour d and worked his ass off to make a viable seed line and now i can't keep the sour d's straight.

I dont believe any of Rez's IBL lines involve any "selfed" seed stock.

He uses a method known as "cubing" in which you cross the original clone to a male with mostly recessive traits, then back-cross the F1 generation to the original clone repeatedly.

The first back cross(BX1) will have 75% of the original clones genetic material, the second back cross(BX2) will be 88%, BX3 94% and so on. Eventually you get to 99%+ and at that point it is considered an "Internal Blood Line".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts