What's new

Colorado Growers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenmopho

its only the fan leaves yellowing, no big deal, I tuck most in the screen so the buds will get all the light.

Pretty sure your fan leaves need light! They are the main mechanisms of photosynthesis. Some of my strongest buds came from colas that grew right under a fan leaf. The buds themselves don't produce energy, its the fan leaves, and I think when the bud isn't in the light, the cannibaniods don't degrade from the light...Yes, the green leaves around the bud also produce energy, but nowhere near as much as the big fan leaves. Only the bottom ones you don't need!

Balazar

I like the quantum ballasts. I have a bunch of them I have a few lumitek's too. They seem to function about the same. I prefer the quantum's though because they have a fan built in and they seem to run cooler.

Greenmopho

I like the quantum ballasts. I have a bunch of them I have a few lumitek's too. They seem to function about the same. I prefer the quantum's though because they have a fan built in and they seem to run cooler.

Never had a problem with my Quantums. When I first put my girls in bloom under HPS, I start em off at 50% and work my way up, helps harden em up real good, no shock coming from T5s.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn Paco looks DANK. Sour D in the middle pic?

I'm running 600w lumateks, which I had recently upgraded from magnetic ballasts. I had a few weird things at first, but they are working great now. I haven't fucked with the ultra lumens setting though...

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Does anyone remember the conversation about digital ballasts and which ones not to run with a 600w setup? I have a galaxy now but I want to get another and most kits come with lumatek. Any thoughts?

Ace

Me and a few of my friends really like the Quantum Digital Ballast.

P

Paco

Thanks CO, it wasn't labeld as sour d. Just diesel, And it smells alot like headband. So I hope it's original diesel. I have always thoght that was the stronger of the D's.

aceofspades

Appreciate all the responses guys! I will have to check out a few hydro shops locally but with my experiences I seem to find things online a bit cheaper, even with shipping.

Ya I do not totally tuck the fan leaves, just move them aside. What do all you scroggers do with any fan leaves under the screen, mine have yellowed and died off so I just let nature take its place, but then again scrogging is natural.

I am super stoked on this go at the scrog, I will def have another run with them, maybe with larger totes next time if space permits, I feel like with 6 plants and a longer veg time I should be able to grab a decent head stash!

Will update again once my new lenses arrive, Macro here we come.

Ace

aceofspades

Anyone heading to Fort Collins tonight to see NOFX?? YA maybe im the only one, but the fat tire guys always take care of me and I have some cookies and rice krispie treats the wifey made me for the trip!

Ace

BigSwifty

^Damn! I didn't know those guys were still around! I kinda lost interest after Heavy Petting Zoo, but man NOFX are fuckin' kings! Ribbed and White Trash are both AMAZING!!

Wish I could get off my lazy ass and go see 'em, but I've been smoking bubble all day... I'll be lucky if I'm able to feed myself tonight ;)

EDIT: Which venue are they playing at up there?

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Barneys farm Fem BlueCheese and Red Diesel at 21 days

This time the Bluecheese is much more cheesier than the last time..
I was hoping for a super chemical blueberry funk like the other i had.
BlueCheese
picture.php

RedDiesel
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts