What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Dispensaries: the good, the bad, and the ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWH-018

Oops, sorry, shorthand :D - BAM is Boulder Alternative Medicine http://bouldermeds.com . He also lists a place in Fort Collins as carrying his gear, EnerChi healing center. Sounds a little odd as they seem to mostly be a yoga studio so I wouldn't expect much but it might be worth checking out before making the drive to Boulder.

SweetBOG

Matt in Longmont (Botanic Labs) has the fire for sure, just at fricken $20 a gram. A dozen strains and 6-7 are just amazing. Check it out. Bouldre meds carries a few of his jars. like 4 at most but it looks more beat up than if you go directly to the source. keep calling back, as he never answers the phone when with a patient. He would trade, but bring the good stuff.

G

guest123

did y'all get the M-39 clone in? how about the sour d?

I was just there they had some nice cuts of M-39 and cheesel. I did not see a sour D cut, but I know Greenmountain is working with some now, so I hope he makes them available! He said... I think Mike said today they are getting cuts of bordello and several others previously mentioned in this thread.

They had some real nice durban P. Prices were high but I understand since they are not selling their own gear right now, the high prices are starting at the vendor level.... so I expect to see them come down after a bit. I really like the high from the durban... real 'hazy' in the head. And their doc is easy to work with! I would definitely go to greenmountain instead of cannamed for the doctor next year.

nomaad

Veteran
Great to see this thread and gain some perspective on things in CO.

Just a word about m39: while this strain is a very high yeilder and pretty much idiot-proof when it comes to growing it out successfully, its an extremely low quality ganja IMO.

I was just told about the availability of 40lbs of this strain and my dispensary contacts are interested in seeing anythiung that is available these days (dry, dry, dry)... anyhow... I did some research about the strain before I went to look at it and found that basically, this is a strain that comes out of canadian grows in massive quantities that is somewhat-less-than-affectionately referred to as BEASTERS.

The quality of the nuggs I went to look at was attrocious. It lived precisely up to the hype..or lack thereof. This is not what I would consider a "medical" strain. And I know, I know... a lot depends on who grows it and what their mathods are, but taking a very close look at 40 POUNDS of the stuff, I remain unconvinced that there is much that is good about this strain besides yield and ease of growing. Its importnat that quality control in the strains that we use be used to 'weed out' these low-quality genetics. Isn't there enough good weed grown badly that we don't need to add bad weed grown badly to the mix?

Can't imagine you would ever find M39 clones in a cali dispensary. Spread the word.

Again... awesome thread. Good luck to your new medical industry. I look forward to watching it GROW.

SweetBOG

do we have a consensus as to the best disp for High quality meds?

i have "patients choice" and "BAM" at the top of my to do list when my back get's better.

did i miss any good ones?

I still think as a whole, the best meds I've seen so far are at Botanic Labs in Longmont. But, it's really expensive and can't get more than 7 grams, no clones, and not really a dispensary but a simple little office.

Feijao

I know the limits of a CO card holder but is there a limit on the amount of marijuana a caregiver can have in terms of smoke (not plants).

If you are a licensed caregiver in CO you can sale (donate) to any other caregiver or MMJ card holder as well?

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
AMSDCO: Alternative Medicine Of Southeast Denver

I think is the best place in the Denver area

I've been mostly pleased with everything i have received from them so far.

Their prices are pretty much cheaper than anyone and they have some nice medicine.

They have been a little over run i guess since they closed some of the dispensaries in Aurora.

I think its worth checking out if you are not growing for yourself

Last edited:

Ms_Weekend

Just a word about m39: while this strain is a very high yeilder and pretty much idiot-proof when it comes to growing it out successfully, its an extremely low quality ganja IMO.

I was just told about the availability of 40lbs of this strain and my dispensary contacts are interested in seeing anythiung that is available these days (dry, dry, dry)... anyhow... I did some research about the strain before I went to look at it and found that basically, this is a strain that comes out of canadian grows in massive quantities that is somewhat-less-than-affectionately referred to as BEASTERS.

The quality of the nuggs I went to look at was attrocious. It lived precisely up to the hype..or lack thereof. This is not what I would consider a "medical" strain. And I know, I know... a lot depends on who grows it and what their mathods are, but taking a very close look at 40 POUNDS of the stuff, I remain unconvinced that there is much that is good about this strain besides yield and ease of growing. Its importnat that quality control in the strains that we use be used to 'weed out' these low-quality genetics. Isn't there enough good weed grown badly that we don't need to add bad weed grown badly to the mix?

Can't imagine you would ever find M39 clones in a cali dispensary. Spread the word.

Again... awesome thread. Good luck to your new medical industry. I look forward to watching it GROW.

But you have to remember that m-39 you saw traveled 1500 miles vaccum sealed in duffel bags on a pallet stuffed between cabbage..then broken down to lbs in the states..no buds are going to be top shelf after that ordeal....but thats why they go for $1500-1700 in canada, & normally around $2500-3000 here....compared to $4000+ for for fresh top shelf locally

M

ME TED

edited.:yeahthats

M-39 is an old school SSSC selection (basic5xskunk#1) and if you've had any experience with SSSC you'd know that Neville serves up quality genetics. Although a lot of Canadians do grow this herb for commercial purposes(commercial being the key word) prolly 'cause of yield, ease of growth, and indeed the stone. Beasters suck and that's a fact. I would say that it is the schwag bc growers fault not this lovely SSSC selection. I know for a fact that you can give three dif growers the same strain and it will come out slightly dif every time. Besides that there are also other factors as well. How do you know it was M-39, was it a good pheno, and was it picked at peak ripeness, or flushed and cured properly? How long was it stored before you saw it? If they were commercial bc growers they prolly didn't care about the quality and that is the diff between commercial bc schwagg and local organic meds. My guess is M-39 is bomb otherwise so many people wouldn't grow it(even in Cali) and Neville wouldn't have sold it to many happy customers over the years. I grow Basic5 M-39's mother and this shit is fire. A couple of bowls and it's nighty, night.

H

hazedandinfused

40 lbs....

lolol thats the beaster alert right there
looks like chronic, smells like shwag, smokes like cabbage; i wouldnt even make edibles out of it brother! gross!!

booya

I hit the Releaf center yesterday. About a dozen strains, 2 pricing levels for an A and a B quality.

Everything looked very nice, names I am remembering Mr Nice, Trainwreck, Great White Shark... I picked up some G13, Jack Flash, and Hash Plant. Everything was frosty, well cured, and well trimmed.

I'll say it ... the best selection I've seen. Everything was pretty fire, and the best of the best (Jack, G13 imo) are high grade medicine, no argument. They had BHO, the first I've seen at a dispensary... and that's a nice transition into

their high prices. 65 non member eighths, 25 dollar grams of the A grade!! ouch. the BHO was I think a half gram for 30.

I don't remember the full scoop on the membership perks, but they were nice. 15% off meds I think, and some other cool things like ... 5 free grams when you have bought a total of 4 ounces at the shop, free weed at harvest time, buy 2 grams get 1 or something.

JWH-018

What's with all of the M39 hate? Compared to mexibrick it's pretty decent smoke! And at less than 1000 a # it's not that over priced. Remember not everyone has the time to waste on strains that might take 7 or 8 weeks to finish when high school kids are waiting. Or the space in their warehouse to waste on connoisseur strains like big bud.

M

ME TED

Membership=sign them as your caregiver. I'm not sure of the dispensary your talking about but the ones I've been to so far have been like that.

A

Amstel Light

does " by the way your all welcome any day of the week.. just come Heavy to the fortress" mean bring cash when you come you are welcome? or bring weapons ? sorry out of the lingo loop for years now..And yea dont get raped!

Status
Not open for further replies.