What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Landrace Sativa 2012

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks

Thanks

Red, I'm sure you already know this, but don't worry about guys like that. I've enjoyed your examples of fine sativas for years and will continue go do so. Keep it up.
Thank you so much kamyo I enjoy posting here and sharing what I find and grow here. It is true that I'm having a hard time finding really good sativa here. Now other drugs that I never seen here before are everywhere. LSD & ecstasy are very popular with the drug crowd and the young folks will only smoke the heavy cripy. Of course I can't control what happens here but I will continue to search for and grow pure sativa.

attachment.php

Colombian Punto Rojo

attachment.php

Mountain grown equatorial sativa

red rider

Last edited:
C

charlie garcia

with your permission red rider I upload few more colombianas from different areas taken by a good friend, Chocó (west coast), Taganga (north coast), Corinto and Sta Marta range. Last ones are Punto Rojo leaves from CBG release.

There is dark local press called "cafuche", 100% seeded and molded. Also some of these dark local weed was called wacky by some older growers.
cuidense
kaiki

Attachments

• choco verde 04.jpg
    choco verde 04.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 15
  • P1050498taganga.jpg
    P1050498taganga.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Corinto Valle 9.jpg
    Corinto Valle 9.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 17
  • P1050561santamarta.jpg
    P1050561santamarta.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Col Punto Rojo 130717 008 copia.jpg
    Col Punto Rojo 130717 008 copia.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Col Punto Rojo 130717 006 copia.jpg
    Col Punto Rojo 130717 006 copia.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 14

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Interesting varieties. Where does the Colombian Gold come from and is it extinct already?

L

l2sm

Interesting varieties. Where does the Colombian Gold come from and is it extinct already?

From Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta. There are photos and info about it on almost every page of this thread so it can't be extinct yet. :smoke:

Awesome thread, by the way.

C

charlie garcia

I dont know if you can find Col Gold in the country today, dont think so. As far as I know it was most for exports. Would be easier to find those older colombian lines in USA if anyone saved some.

You know Red Rider, some would discuss about angels and devils of preservation, fact is if you dont seed a bit your plants for yourself, would be hard to grow same line after some time nowdays, so make your own seed amigos. Accept is not real preservation, is not all allelles, is not academic, etc...but you will be smoking in future what others cannot and have rejected cause that was not real preservation.
best
cuidense
kaiki

Chomba64

Veteran
with your permission red rider I upload few more colombianas from different areas taken by a good friend, Chocó (west coast), Taganga (north coast), Corinto and Sta Marta range. Last ones are Punto Rojo leaves from CBG release.

There is dark local press called "cafuche", 100% seeded and molded. Also some of these dark local weed was called wacky by some older growers.
cuidense
kaiki

Nice Columbians Charlie.. I have grown Purple Corinto and also Choco. Long flowering lines. I have been working them with old line afghan crosses. We shall see how they do this season. Peace

This is the Mazar Choco I am working on this season.

Attachments

• DSCN3510.jpg
    DSCN3510.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 11

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice you all! :tiphat:

Moño Rojo grown under a skylight @43ºN

Kaiki

good to see you around ;) :respect:

ThaiBliss

Veteran

Raco,

You are a man of few words, English ones at least. But your pictures speak volumes.

:tiphat: :respect: :biggrin:

Red Rider - Both you and Raco are my Colombian heroes.

I must second Charlie Garcia's sentiment about preserving a few pure strains if you can. I grew some Thai weed from the only bag I bought that was not on sticks. It was loaded with seeds. It was great, but I let it go on purpose. At the time, I had interests other than high quality. I had no idea it would be the last killer good Thai that I would ever see. I have come to believe that the growers could see the writing on the wall, and sent out their last crop full of seeds. The greedy stupidity and ignorance of mine has been a great shame to me. I have been on a quest ever since my interests have turned towards growing only for my pleasure. I know you are only growing for pleasure, but you are one of the few I know of in a position to do a great service to humanity.

No pressure though!

:laughing:

If there is anything I can do to help... hehe!

:biggrin:

Take Care Brother,

ThaiBliss

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

idk LOL

Well cured Tom´s Haze cut grown outdoors below 40ºN and harvested
in early December (central continental) :)

20´thai´s Thai 79 grown outdoors at similar latitude and close to the sea (midterranean) :D

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Expert Curing

Expert Curing

idk LOL

Well cured Tom´s Haze cut grown outdoors below 40ºN and harvested
in early December (central continental) :)

[URL="http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd302/raccoo/081-2.jpg"]View Image[/URL]

20´thai´s Thai 79 grown outdoors at similar latitude and close to the sea (midterranean) :D

[URL="http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd302/raccoo/raco2/012-2.jpg"]View Image[/URL]

Raco,
Looks like you should start of thread of how to do beautifully cure bud. Red Rider could help extensively. Here is my only contribution:
picture.php

This bud has some seeds in it that have Colombian ancestry by way of Purple Haze x Meao Thai courtesy of Ace Seeds.

ThaiBliss

P.S. You are killing me with the 79 Thai. I must visit Spain, central by the Mediterranean.

:biggrin:

One thing I would like to mention is I have kids here (8 & 6 year olds) and since they have been born I have never hide my cannabis use from them. As a result they think nothing of daddy’s “plant medicine”, knowing that it makes daddy feel better. I encourage them to enjoy all plants and that growing them is fun and useful. Of course they don’t use cannabis as they know it’s not for kids. Well the other day I took them to a park by our house as I do almost every day, this day there were a few people in the park and my son saw some young people (20s) smoking. He said “daddy they are using plant medicine”. I told him yes many people use plant medicine and it was no big deal. He also pointed out the very beautiful young women in the group and started begging me to go over and say hi to them. With him dragging me by the hand I went and said hello to the group of Colombians. And right away my son says “my daddy has better medicine then you”. I was very embarrassed as I explained to them what he meant by medicine. They laughed and fired up a joint they had and passed it to me; I took a big hit and passed it as my lungs exploded. I coughed up a lung before I realized it was some of the best Punto Rojo I’d ever had. I could tell what it was just from the smell and taste. I asked the guy that lite the joint what it was and he confirmed what I knew. Then we got high and talked about the USA and life in general. I got fried, my eyes redder than ever and I couldn’t stop laughing with them. They had over a lb of the bud and said they would turn me on to a handful of it to take home with me. I kept talking to them when my wife showed up and asked me what I was doing. What a buzz kill, so with the wife I took the kids home and chowed down on everything in the house. Then I realized I had forgotten to get the bud from them before the wife ended the party. I rushed back to the park only to find two of the girls still there. They were happy to see me and I asked about the bud but the guy that had it had already left. They had a little but they were going out to drink some beer and wanted it for later. The girls wanted me to go with them and later we could hook up with the guy but of course I couldn’t go. I looked for them today but they weren’t there but I’m hoping to see them again because this is the connection I want. Their Rojo was so much better than the regs I have been getting. I hope to see them again and when I get some I will post pics of this truly rare connoisseur Colombian.

red rider

stories like this just warm my heart. Just finished reading the whole thread.. great great thread thank you so much for sharing such a unique experience with us!:thank you:
I'm getting a bad feeling the great sativa is a thing of the past here.

red rider

aww red rider say it ain't so! What about that punto rojo you smoked in the park with those kids?

I am currently trying to get some punto rojo from cbg, however the emails are going...slowly... as I try to figure out how to pay them:blowbubbles:

I am growing in hawaii at low elevation (300m). Do you have any advice for me growing in this climate? Rather similar to columbia i'm sure at 21N. Does punto rojo like wet or dry/colombians in general soil?

Thanks for any advice! Eye opening and inspirational thread.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow beautiful pics everyone, Roco that is really a golden bud on your keyboard and that amber.... As far as growing the Punto Rojo in Hawaii I think it will explode there in the lush tropical climate. The Colombians I grow/grew never had any problems with mold or damage from the hard rain storms. I just feed them lightly and grow in small containers to keep the size down (in the ground they grow big) and harvest when the individual branches ripen. I'm getting about 20 grams of cripy today from my regular guy and I'll ask him again about getting me some good regs but he's really not interested. The cripy is good and super potent, I'd say its 10 times stronger than the best regs. I do like the crip cause just one or two hits sets me up for a few hours where the pressed bud takes quite a bit more to last that long. The effect of the crip varies but its gets boring quick and has a generic feel. I have not seen the young folks from the park since that night I met them. I see and smell people burning in the park or on the street but I don't feel comfortable approaching them. I really want to believe that if you were to go out into the remote regions that you could find all the original strains. This is a big country and there's some much cultivation going on I would think somewhere someone is still growing the landrace sativa. Today I'm having another class with the young lady who's grandfather has a farm in Tolima. She is beautiful and super intelligent, I hope she can give me some more information on the cannabis grow at their farm. Like I said before cannabis is not socially acceptable to the upper class here (with the exception of a few rich collage kids) and is really looked down on. And all I associate with are the rich folks and to maintain my position here I have to keep my love of the plant on the low low. I do have a few lower class friends (my 3 contacts) but even calling them for a sample causes friction with my wife. But I'll see what the next batch of cripy looks like and report back.

Peace

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Hawaii

Hawaii

stories like this just warm my heart. Just finished reading the whole thread.. great great thread thank you so much for sharing such a unique experience with us!:thank you:

aww red rider say it ain't so! What about that punto rojo you smoked in the park with those kids?

I am currently trying to get some punto rojo from cbg, however the emails are going...slowly... as I try to figure out how to pay them:blowbubbles:

I am growing in hawaii at low elevation (300m). Do you have any advice for me growing in this climate? Rather similar to columbia i'm sure at 21N. Does punto rojo like wet or dry/colombians in general soil?

Thanks for any advice! Eye opening and inspirational thread.
Red Dirt the Columbians grow great here. I'm in Puna. I bet you in Kauai, I grew a Shadowdancer ( Columbian Gold x Chem Dawg) from GGG last summer got 10 ft and done in Sept it was one of the only plants that handled the rain. They love being in dirt. Aloha

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seeds

Seeds

Heyred rider, saludos from medellin. Have you checked out medicinalgrowers.com yet? You canget some of charlie,s seeds from there if you are worried about customs. Because we are in colombia, i am still worried about customs searching through envelopes and international mail

Saludos fantonald, wow I had no idea there was a seed vendor in Colombia! I don't know how it is now but in 2005 - 2007 I received seed from all over the world here in Bogota. I sent seed from here then also during that time. At the moment I have a good bit of seed I want to get out but a little concerned about posting them. That's one of my projects for after we move. I really like the website and hope this helps Colombia.

red rider

fantonald

Charlies seeds

Charlies seeds

Yes, charlie has some good strains out there. I am pretty new at it and am hving troubles.

Long story short i came back from vacation and my bagseed sativa had hermed and let fly. My destroyer was pollinated at 7 weeks and is full of seeds before i harvest tomorrow.

I thre some in my garden in some locally bought soil, hopefully i can pick through the bunches and get something good out of it.

Do you have problems with herming from bqg seed?

C

charlie garcia

Ive shared few houndred mangobiche and punto rojo with young colombian guys there indeed but is very hard to catch their interest really. RR if you want to try any and as I told you just let me know and will put you in touch. This PR is bit longer version of, Randy is sampling some Oaxaca/PR form this same stock. Also Mangobiche takes long to finish but is so worthy. As said before its hard to find the best quickest version of PR today but still working on this too :)

Mangobiche in the picture, from Valle del Cauca (central/south)
best amigos
kaiki

edit last pic is in a field in central Colombia at 2400 mts high

Attachments

• Col Mangobiche 120807b 003 copia.jpg
    Col Mangobiche 120807b 003 copia.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Col Mangobiche 091217C 002_1200 copia.jpg
    Col Mangobiche 091217C 002_1200 copia.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0071 copia.jpg
    DSC_0071 copia.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
C

charlie garcia

Here Raco's Moño Rojo, quicker line, orange-hashy aromas
Wish next season I can try and cross the long PR with Racos quicker Red (gracias como siempre Raco) so we can get quicker plants of some nice and tasty colombianas. Made a cross in the past with a Panama but didnt catched much attention it seemed. Maybe Raco would like to try some if finally done :)
Wishes wishes :blowbubbles:
best
kaiki

Attachments

• Col MR DSCN0199 010.jpg
    Col MR DSCN0199 010.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Col MR DSCN0234 006.jpg
    Col MR DSCN0234 006.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Col MR DSCN0265 006 copia.jpg
    Col MR DSCN0265 006 copia.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Col MR DSCN0267 012 copia2.jpg
    Col MR DSCN0267 012 copia2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Col MR DSCN0278 013 copia.jpg
    Col MR DSCN0278 013 copia.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 15

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow those are the most beautiful Colombians I've ever seen Kaiki! And every thing Raco grows is top notch. And I would love to grow some of your strains Kaiki (thank you). The domestic I was getting is a crap shoot to grow because they haven't been worked by a breeder and the hermi's and variation's are many. It's not surprise to me that the younger Colombians have no interest in the long flowering sativa. I've spoken to many and they really like the hard hitting hybrids. We are working like mad to get a new place (where I can grow outside) but have yet to get something acceptable. It's very frustrating for me because my wife is so picky and only wants to live in one neighborhood. I'm ready to start growing, I do have some seedlings started from pressed bud seed and they are very vigorous and healthy even growing in the shade. I think that its a very cool thing to re introduce the pure sativa here and I would love to be a part of it. Just waiting to get my stable mailing address and I'll get right to work. Again thanks so much to everyone.

red rider

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Here Raco's Moño Rojo, quicker line, orange-hashy aromas
Wish next season I can try and cross the long PR with Racos quicker Red (gracias como siempre Raco) so we can get quicker plants of some nice and tasty colombianas. Made a cross in the past with a Panama but didnt catched much attention it seemed...

Charlie Garcia,

I neglected to include you in my list of heroes to the Colombian strains. I recently placed an order for seeds and agonized whether or not to order from you. If I had, I would have gotten the Punto Rojo, Mangobiche, and Destroyer. I am also very interested in Oaxacan 79 x Oaxacan 12 Fingers if you ever release that one.

When I was very young 75% of what I smoked was Colombian strains. I loved the dreamy high, without weariness, and excellent flavors. My friends and I got C. Gold, C. Black, many others, and one just called Colombian that was every color in one, green, gold, brown, and red. From your and Red Rider's photos, I believe it could have been either Punto Rojo or Mangobiche. It was the best tasting one, and contrary to what most of my friends believed, I thought the high was better than the Gold.

My favorite of all time was the Thai Sticks we got once a year. That is why I went with ordering the Zamaldelica. The descriptions of the effects sound more like the Thai Stick that I loved.

It appears that you carry some strains from other companies. If you carried Ace Seeds, I would have ordered them all from you. But, I still want to thank you for preserving, breeding, and offering the great strains from the past. I'm depressed that so many great unique strains are disappearing. You and Dubi give me some hope, and I'm sure I will get around to your offerings some day.

Please keep up the good work!

:tiphat:

Thanks Much,

ThaiBliss

fantonald

Thats a bummer she doesnt awant to leave the barrio. We couldnt handle the weekday noise and finally made it out of the city. Good luck to you.

I had a disastrous transplant with my destroyer and panama plants. Im feeding with superthrive and compost/ewc tea. Its been two weeks with slow growth, new leaves are super slow to form. Are they just growing new roots?