What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Black

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Classic, vigorous, branchy and bushy Colombian sativa structures on all of them @Zanddar glad you already have in mind a few ideas for outcrosses with the males.

In my experience, the colorful phenos of these type of landrace sativa lines don't show strong pigmentation when grown indoors with high temps in flowering, while same plants outdoors with strong temp variation in flowering will show intense colors.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have to get lots of clones cut and see what I can get in there for the first breeding.
Colombian x Malawi
Colombian x Rojo
Colombian x Jack The Ripper
Colombian x Jacks Cleaner
Colombian x Panama
Colombian x Space Dawg
Colombian and more.
Depends how much I like the Colombian.
Keep the best males and females for later seed productions.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone. :cool:

The time has come to flower these CB and see what we have here.
I've taken cuts from them all. They are very large and watered 2x each day.
They're very vigorous and I will be bending them down.

Lets watch and see what will become of the. :watchplant:

Attachments

• 2011.JPG
    2011.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 158
  • 2019.JPG
    2019.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 142

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thx for those words of encouragement soopy and everyone else. :tiphat:

It will be the CB solo on this first run. I've taken cuts of all males, females or will reveg for later crosses. Once I choose the best of the best I will make crosses of said strains I have. I will list my crosses somewhere for anyone interested. I really am interested in breeding these with my own.

Oh and my hands were very sticky taking these cuts. (y)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So glad to hear they are already into flowering since mid July @Zanddar :D
they must be at strong early flowering stretching at this point.

Your population is big enough to evaluate the potential of the strain and find remarkable sexually stable plants over the average to keep improving the line one generation further.

I know well how much time and efforts takes to take and keep clones of all of them and attend so well so many plants, so nothing but admiration and respect for the work you are doing :tiphat:

Have you considered to also flower now female Punto Rojo to evaluate both strains at the same time ?

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They have early flowers started between 2 and 3 weeks. I can see some faster and slower flowering plants. They're super vigorous and stretchy. They have a wild smell and smell nothing like a domesticated variety. Had one early male that started flowering within a week, but it also had female pistils and was pulled before releasing any pollen. The rest look stable so far. The purple CB 8 male is releasing pollen early before the other male. This is a full room and won't be able to flower anything else till these are done.

Attachments

• 2018.JPG
    2018.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 90

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone.
We are finally at this point of seeing some CB very early flowers. :watchplant:
They are at 29 days in flower. Some are still just starting to flower.
The seeds are developed nicely already. The HPS are set to around 11 hours.
Pencil thin leaves and a mild spicy smell.

The male I'm showing is the black seedling CB 8 male. He was the earliest stable male and has pollinated most. Was difficult to get these close up male pics. Zoom in to see the fine details on him. The other male is releasing now.

Later. :cool:

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 80
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 81
  • CB 8-6.JPG
    CB 8-6.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 75
  • CB 8-5.JPG