What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Black

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad the seeds germinated perfectly even after so long 🥳 Seems our preservation fridge is doing its job well.
Love to see those tiny tropical sativa babies :giggle:

To attend properly such amount of plants is going to be indeed like ton of job man, respect!
Hope you have a friend or 2 to help you with upcoming selections!

Lugo

Veteran
Wouldn't seeds that old lose their striping? and i'd also imagine germ rates would be lower.

Has anyone on Earth ever seen a picture of this 'Colombian Black'? The plant itself? I would love to see it! So mysterious!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1627192455515.jpg
    FB_IMG_1627192455515.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 60

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
You need a hoop house for this project. Or you can just flower then all immediately in a tent for an OP and send em out for peeps to pick through. Looks like exciting times!!

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How are the Colombians seedlings doing?
They are not seedlings no more. They are teenagers that want to run wild and free.

They are 4 or over 5 feet now. Some shorter and most very tall. They have reached my lights and will be topped a few times before flower. Just wanted to take some pics of their natural growth. Cutting them back down after sexing. These would easily reach 8 feet if left untouched. Keeping them in small pots to control their growth dosen't seem to slow them down. The branching is very good and strong. Super vigorous jungle plant with long internodes. Brushing against them releases beautiful smells. Rubbing the stalks produces smells of sweet fruits, greasy and sticky resins. Very, very nice plants. Thx dubi my friend. :tiphat:

Attachments

• CB1.JPG
    CB1.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 193
  • CB2.JPG
    CB2.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 200
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So happy to hear you are getting excited with these plants friend, you requested new Colombian lines to try and here they are ;) Amazing growth speed, really beautiful, strong sativa structures on all the plants in 2 the pictures. Let's see if that lonely bleeder holds some special or different traits in flowering compared with the rest!

Lugo

Veteran
They are not seedlings no more. They are teenagers that want to run wild and free.

They are 4 or over 5 feet now. Some shorter and most very tall. They have reached my lights and will be topped a few times before flower. Just wanted to take some pics of their natural growth. Cutting them back down after sexing. These would easily reach 8 feet if left untouched. Keeping them in small pots to control their growth dosen't seem to slow them down. The branching is very good and strong. Super vigorous jungle plant with long internodes. Brushing against them releases beautiful smells. Rubbing the stalks produces smells of sweet fruits, greasy and sticky resins. Very, very nice plants. Thx dubi

So happy to hear you are getting excited with these plants friend, you requested new Colombian lines to try and here they are ;) Amazing growth speed, really beautiful, strong sativa structures on all the plants in 2 the pictures. Let's see if that lonely bleeder holds some special or different traits in flowering compared with the rest!
So these are NEW Colombian lines, I would love to know the background or lineage on these NEW Colombian lines.

There seems to be a bit of confusion about origins.

Thanks in advance!

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone. :watchplant:

This is Malawi, PR and CB all mixed up together right now. Potted them up awhile ago. Trimmed them a few times already and just yesterday again. Super vigorous, sticky and nice smelling. I'm dealing with summer heat. I can make seed during the summer, but bud does not turn out very well. My flower room is clear now. I will move the CB into the flower room this week to veg more and take some cuts. So I can get some isolated pics of each strain. The CB are thin plants. I want them to fill the pots and out more. I like flowering large plants. Normally I like to flower the plants out first without males. With these being long flowering and the only seed left, I will probably flower all the males and females together to make seed from all. I will then have some clones to flower later for just bud testing.

That's all for now, Later. :cool:

Attachments

• 2898.JPG
    2898.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 122

Lugo

Veteran
Nice

I worked with Colombian Black around 2015. Most NLD plants Ive come across so far.
I was told its locally sourced Colombian x Black Haze
Thats the problem, most sourcing is of a "I was told" nature.

I think Colombian Black is pretty irrelevant unless the hype and marketing folks build it up.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for the update @Zanddar i know you must be busy! :)
Happy to know you are happy with their vigor and performance, can't wait for the flowering stage!

If your flowering room gets too hot during summer time to produce best quality flower, maybe it's a good idea to flower them first for seed production, so you save all maximum possible genes, and at the same time you can evaluate best females during this first cycle, and keep the very best females regarding terpenes, resins and yield for second unseeded round under better temps during fall, for those hot rooms during summer time without enough air con, the fall indoor cycle is usually the one with best conditions to produce high quality flowers.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone.

Have 8 females and 3 males for breeding.

CB are very vigorous, super stretchy, greasy and have a sweet spicy smell.
Great for huge outdoor plants or flowered small indoors.

CB 8 the only purple seedling is a beautiful male.
He will pass on his genes to many females in and out of the CB gene pool.

CB 10 and CB 6 are beautiful greasy males to be used in a similar way, depending on their performance.
I've only selected the most vigorous, healthy and greasy plants for reproduction.

I will be crossing these to a few of my own strains, like Malawi and others.

Attachments

• CB4.JPG
    CB4.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 93
  • CB3.JPG
    CB3.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 91
  • CB Red Blood -1.jpg
    CB Red Blood -1.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 76
  • CB 60-1.jpg
    CB 60-1.jpg