What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colombian Black

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi everyone.

I've been busy with work and also taking some evening classes, so not much time right now.

They have a peanut and lemon smell. Buds are large and fluffy.
Seeds are done, but buds want to keep going.

Attachments

• CB 1-4.JPG
    CB 1-4.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 126
  • CB 1-5.JPG
    CB 1-5.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 126
  • 2025.JPG
    2025.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 127

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the update @Zanddar a big structured tropical sativa of very long flowering, big sized colas, yet barely passing mid flowering. Curious to know what are in your opinion the variations in flowering at population level, and if you keep an eye on some winners.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very stretchy and of very large stature with great vigor. Buds consisted of dreads, single strands or rows of calyxes with thin/fine leaves. Some with a bit more density. Peanut smells in flower and lemon when crushed. Plants were very similar in growth, with only slight variations in bud formations.

Have seeds from all the females and 2 males used.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone :xmastree:

Don't see much as for resin covered leaves, but it will change your view on life.
Grinding the bud up in my fingers left a sticky pile of bud and seeds behind.
Very uplifting, visual, deep contemplative, inner peace, tingling in the forehead, long lasting, light airy buds with a very nice spicy wild Colombian smell.

This is the last and best CB I liked still going. My PR are in flower for a few days now and this CB will come down before pollen is released.

Hope your holidays and everything else is going well. Best to you all. :thanks:

Attachments

• CB 1-6.JPG
    CB 1-6.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 79
  • CB 1-7.JPG
    CB 1-7.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 76

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats @Zanddar for all the great work you have been doing past months with the Colombians 🥰
Thanks for selecting, reproducing and preserving this old tropical line. It's quite difficult to evaluate extreme tropical sativas indoors, but you did a great job such numerous giants. Gentle organic feeding is the way to go with these equatorials. Eager to learn more about the Punto Rojo!

Happy holidays ⭐

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone :watchplant:

Beautiful plants and definitely worth the time. I will do some unseeded buds later from my own seeds.
The purple, black and red coloring is moving from the bottom to the top of the plant as it matures.
The smell is of a wild Colombian and very nice. Soft and delicate smell, not like any hybrid.
The plant is pulled down on it's side and the dreads are growing vertical up off the side of the branch, when they would normally be growing up along the branch. So that's why some of the buds look so thin.
This is about 28 weeks. Obviously, this strain will appeal to pure landrace sativa lovers.
The others I harvested for seed only, but they were nice too. This one I wanted to see how it would finish.
I will try to veg it back and back cross it to my fresh seed.

I put a comparison pic up of my 2024 seed and the original seed.

Attachments

• CB 2024.jpg
    CB 2024.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • CB 1-13.JPG
    CB 1-13.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 59
  • CB 1-12.JPG
    CB 1-12.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 63
  • CB 1-11.JPG
    CB 1-11.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 64
  • CB 1-10.JPG
    CB 1-10.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 51
  • CB 1-9.JPG
    CB 1-9.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 56
  • CB 1-8.JPG
    CB 1-8.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 56
  • Colombian Black Seed-2.JPG
    Colombian Black Seed-2.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
The strain does indeed perform like an extremely long-flowering, uncontaminated Colombian sativa, with some similarities to Oldtimer's Haze, yet different. You are doing an amazing job @Zanddar very few growers would have the patience to wait for such a long flowering time to properly evaluate them and produce seeds :yes: You can be proud for this contribution to the preservation of tropical sativa genepool, thanks!

Latest posts

Latest posts