What's new

colloidal silver

E

e4ian

hiya,im to use this colloidal silver for the first time shortly.
how can i be sure of having 100% success with it?
i realise im to spray the whole plant but,what ratio to water [ppm]
are certain strains immune to the stuff,thx for any valuable info :)

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Using c/s on some Blue Dream females, lots of male flowers, but no pollen.
I had pretty much given up on getting any. Then today, viola! Nice, yellow pollen!!
I'm stoked, as this was my 4th c/s attempt, first success!

Last edited:
D

Duplicate

I've followed Phenominal's c/s instructions carefully, and I'm midway thru my 4th attempt. This time it's Blue Dream. In the previous tries, I've gotten male flower formation but no viable pollen. Looks like the same outcome with the b.d.

I believe the treatment works, just not on all strains. That's tough, because the strains I want it to work on are all "clone only".

Interesting. I've been wanting to try this with my Blue Dream as well.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Interesting. I've been wanting to try this with my Blue Dream as well.

I jumped the gun and had all but given up, then tonight I've got what looks like viable pollen!

Duplicate, go for it! I'm learning this method takes patience...
it takes longer for treated females to deliver the goods than with true males.

shafty420

some strains take longer than others some just flat out refuse to give viable pollen nice one :) are you using it solely on blue dream or looking to cross it with something

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got 2 blue dreams starting their 5th week of flower, hoping to have enough pollen to dust them both. If not, I'll hit one of them with bd and the other with G13xC99 (Killer Queen Redux).

My buddy who gifted them to me says be careful of the height, due to the Haze influence. But all 4 of the bd's didn't stretch much, and are super branchy (told him they looked like some guy's hairy legs lol).

I'm currently growing a cross I made of Blackberry x BubbleHaze (Black Haze?), and these girls are 6 footers already.

bigwity

Veteran
they sound like some iteresting crosses you made there brother.

i always call colloidal silve collidal silver, until llp corrected me on it lol but hey i think ill keep calling it collidal.

good work e4ian id like to see the exo x nl reversed.

E

e4ian

me too,& the exoXtriesel etc,etc.+ the EXO CHEESE ITSELF!! -has anyone been successful with this?

kg beans

collidial silver eh??....you do realise that 500 years ago youd be accused of witchcraft and burned! lol!!..good luck with your project bro!

E

e4ian

collidial silver eh??....you do realise that 500 years ago youd be accused of witchcraft and burned! lol!!..good luck with your project bro!

:laughing: yesss.:) have to make sure YOU DONT FLOAT! as well..
how much is this lark gonna cost me anyway?
maybe afterwards ill melt it into bullets for the more than average hairy neighbours down the street!!! :)

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, the c/s attempt with the blue dream failed. Was able to collect a small amount of what looked like viable pollen, dusted the target plant, then put the c/s shemale in with the target for about 10 days. Didn't get a single brown pistil. This is failed attempt #4, ready to say f'it already. I've concluded it has less chance of working when used on s1 or s1 derived clones.

Hope the rest of you have better luck. TY e4ian for the thread!

D

Duplicate

^ Bummer. Once I get my situation sorted out I plan on still trying.

E

edgey

:laughing: yesss.:) have to make sure YOU DONT FLOAT! as well..
how much is this lark gonna cost me anyway?
maybe afterwards ill melt it into bullets for the more than average hairy neighbours down the street!!! :)

1oz bar of silver ( make sur it's .999 )
ac 9v adaptor
distilled water

all easily available on ebay , the lot should cost u less than 20 quid :)

E

e4ian

1oz bar of silver ( make sur it's .999 )
ac 9v adaptor
distilled water

all easily available on ebay , the lot should cost u less than 20 quid :)

yea thats the plan edgy! 'n' thx. x2 of what you say maybe and also hand spraying the plants.
im to do a sativa run maybe at the last 1/4 of this year so that would be a perfect time to stress the quicker flowering candidates.
can u 'od' them on cs btw [or do they get the msg pretty quick!].
a great link from 'rocket high' this: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60610.im pretty laid back tho, so have'nt read much.hum! SO which method of applying cs is more effective? the 9v & distilled water way or the spraying of the whole plant way? keep thinking of CS GAS !! ..better not use that!!
so many on the go at the mo, zzzzzzz i would personally like to start the cs experiment now.

Latest posts

Latest posts