What's new

CoirGanics?

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
I was thinking last night about how to get the yields of hydro but with the ease and great taste of organic soil....

Well has anyone successfully ammended coco and just watered during the grow without PH, nute problems?

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
bump :biggrin:

coco + the KIS nute pack is nice. Next one's getting composted outside, gnats love the stuff so I gotta figure out a gnat-proof composter. Leaves look perfect though, nice and dark without the burnt tips from the bottled nutes. Still get organic style yields...we'll see with these ones, been watering every day. A dripper would probably bump the yield up, been thinking about it, freshwater dripper and ACT dripper maybe? This round's inoculated with Mykos, I forgot to put it in last time I transplanted. Some dude grew a 1-ton pumpkin with it in his regimen I'd like to see his mix recipe. ;)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
personally i dont think that organic yields are lower than other methods when you do it right

that said, coco does yield very highly in proportion to the volume of it used, and i guess that this is because it can be run largely a hydro medium where the nutes are all in solution without any influence from the roots. if you look at the roots in coco pots, especially smaller ones, they tend to be in clumps that are all touching each other... whereas in organic soil the roots need to populate and interact with the soil and thus a larger pot is needed so the roots arent so much in contact with each other and the pot sides.
ive heard of good results using coco and EWC.

if you want rid if gnats then use some neem meal in the mix. its a good all round fertilizer and i never see gnats nowadays after starting to use it a while ago. im sure it would be good in coco too.

VG

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
I'll have to try that VG, thanks. The KIS pack has neem cake/karanja cake, not enough I guess. I've never seen a gnat explosion like I had last round, shit was ridiculous.

Mikenite69

Veteran
I had a plant in coco amended with the aptus pellets and the plant looked great!! I will be trying to amend my roots block coco as soon as I throw my tent back up to start growing.

Mikenite69

Veteran
Thanks for that link. I got the aptus pellets for free so I figured why not try to ammend a plant with coco and the aptus pellets to see how it performs and the plant was steadily praising the light.

I'll have to try that stuff out that u put the link up of. Thanks.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
My favorite price. ;) Youre welcome for the link. I'm on round 2 with it, leaves still nice and dark, no burnt tips from bottles. Round 1 got taken down a week or two early but it was still some tasty smoke.

picture.php

Still prayin, smell's pretty strong @ wk 3.5...gonna be some tasty nuggets.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My favorite price. ;) Youre welcome for the link. I'm on round 2 with it, leaves still nice and dark, no burnt tips from bottles. Round 1 got taken down a week or two early but it was still some tasty smoke.

Still prayin, smell's pretty strong @ wk 3.5...gonna be some tasty nuggets.

Is it just the pic/lighting throwing that yellow foliage?

I amend my coco perlite w mykos and botanigard. Mykos for microherd and botanigard for medium/"soil" pests. No problems at all.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
What strain are you runnin?

I'm not doing anything special, got one of them KIS nute packs, mixed it in some coco with some wormpoo and water with ACT. Just been watering with tap+a splash of foxfarm's sledgehammer since week 4, trichs are explodin. The nute pack's pretty special, sounded like a jackpot when I found it. (thanks surfguitar)

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Use Sledgehammer (10% saponin, myco food, wetting agent) to pH to 6, gave em 5.8 yesterday cuz they stalled out a little I think and today they look a lot different, just overnight. Week 7 probably has something to do with it to but they exploded overnight :biggrin:

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
I usually use a mix that is about 30% coir, 20-30% peat, 20% perlite, and the rest is a mix of my home compost, powdered diatomaceous earth, EWC, and a smidge of topsoil. Then over top I put natural forest mulch(which I cannot recommend strongly enough!!!!). Coir is essential to this mix, because a minimum of 20% coir makes your plants almost impossible to over-water, and going 30% or more is even safer in this regard. I have to leave town often for family commitments, so being able to water whenever I want to rather than a specific cycle is very useful. I had my babies in an temporary old soil mix and they weren't doing very well, but they are now in the mix I described and the change is incredibly positive. I do use a little bit of organic fertilizer supplements to get the cultures of fungus and bacteria out of them, plus I sometimes mix a little pond enzyme into my water for a nice bit of lactobacillus. I have done ACT in the past and recommend it highly, but currently I don't have my brewer set up.