What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Coffee oil?

vividavis

I'm trying to formulate a cold brew coffee with marijuana.

Im leaning towards using coffee oil or just very strongly brewed coffee and winterized bho to make it.

Has anyone else tried making cannabis coffee with just cannabis and coffee? Coffee has a pretty high lipid content so I think it should work.

Does anyone know how companies like Janes Brew or Scorpion Coffee make their bottled coffee? I want to make it at home.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Ive done both coffee and chocolate liquers. Not exactly what you're looking for but oh so tasty. I love mixing a tablespoon or 2 of my liqueur in to a chilled Harbucks Frappuccino. Let me know if you're interested in more info

FishmanK

Kahlanja!

Kahlanja!

Kahlua makes a great base for kief laced liqueurs
the strong coffee taste overpowers the ganja flavors, however they are introduced
great for evening happy times too
the initial burst of caffeine fades to a good restful sleep...

Using older Dry_ice Kief
I added enough to have a 1/4 gr in (2) 1oz shots of the finished Liqueur and recommend this as a maximum alcohol-laced-w-thc intake for most folks
Initially the 9gr of getting stale,older-but-still gonzo kief is added to 1/2 750ml of 151
after this sits for a year in a ball canning jar with infrequent but repeated agitation
I use it for a
KAHLANJA!
Base, adding more regular rum and...

originally had trouble with adding strong enough coffee flavor cause in the end there was always 1/2 of it going in as infused rum...
(KAHLUA is actually made with rum and so IDK why it's mixed so often w vodka...)

till I figured out to score

51JDTKK0TJL._SY300_.jpg

Freze-Dried Espresso crystals
cheap by case off auction
in goes sweetness, brown sugar adds a molassesy flav...

adding a vanilla bean and the brewed extra thick espresso syrup
at decanting
its fun fun fun!

wait another year or 2 and drink...

Decarboxolation ALSO happens with just TIME
and the developing gycerines and mellowing is sublime

can't wait
try using food-grade glycerine in your liqueurs to add that hint of thick mellow body to a fresh brew...
if consuming soon, heat the kief in a bit of water before adding to 151 to decarboxolate as per time scheduals off Skunk Pharm Research site info

get out yer calculator and measuring cups, I gave ya a hint or 2 but my secret recipe is for me to know and you to sip if you ever make it to FiShHEaDs Ridge

attachment.php

ok, I will admit to using a small amount of unsweetened organic cocoa powder too maybe...

wordsux

The new trend is using butter instead of creamer or milk. Why not just make some cannabutter and throw it in the coffee?

EastCoast710

lol.. u gotta try a few ways first.. I would try just bho in a cup of hot coffee.. decarbed before hand.. see how it mixes.. and also see how it cools? to see if it falls from solution.

FishmanK

The new trend is using butter instead of creamer or milk. Why not just make some cannabutter and throw it in the coffee?
because its butter and deosnt dissolve in a liqueur thats mostly water
I like oilive oil better it doesnt turn rancid
But would like to work more with coconut oil

in the initial statement they state about putting the material into water to brew with coffee
THC/trichs dont dissolve in water

thats why bubble bags work

soaking a long time in high alc content gave me what I wanted for results

and I used Dry-Ice Kief because its purer and its what I had

if you wanna do a mixed drink thats something to consume right away, EastCoast710 is on that ^ :)

FishmanK

lol.. u gotta try a few ways first.. I would try just bho in a cup of hot coffee.. decarbed before hand.. see how it mixes.. and also see how it cools? to see if it falls from solution.
and like he abbreviated, if you like to eat it, understanding
Decarboxylation
is a good tool for you to use

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look into making canna milk - then use that process with half/half and mix that into your coffee.

dank.Frank

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I mix my coconut oil into my coffee then add some booze too...yeehaw..cant taste any weed at all..I soak coffee beans in rum and vodka along with some other stuff and make my own coffee booze..way better then that freeze dried crap,,and I roast my own beans in a cast iron pan too

Gry

Veteran
Next door neighbor used to do coffee roasting, sure smelled great when he did.

Latest posts

Latest posts