What's new

Coffee: Does anyone else treat it as more than just a commodity?

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
try roasting your own beans in a hot-air popcorn popper. works like a charm. google for more details

Trichgnomes

Are you in the States? I can recommend a lot of good 'third wave' coffee roasters in North America, but am unfamiliar with other parts of the globe. I too have delved into home espresso preparation, but the roasters I buy from get super high quality beans, and tend to roast on the light side, as to preserve the intrisic qualities of the bean, and keep the oils inside.

Some of such roasters being:
Stumptown, Counter Culture Coffee, Intelligensia, Gimme Coffee, Four Barrel, Grumpy-- to name a few.

Im an expresso drinker..I only like the strongest darkest expresso in full cup.Lately ive been looking at the expensive brands in an attempt to replicate the cuban ,cafe con leche i get sometimes at the local places.It has a certain taste ,which im sure is because of the bean type..If anybody has any high end expresso types ,they would recommend ,i would love to hear about them,for my next purchase..

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
I am allergic to coffee. Have not had a cup in about a year now since I found out. I miss it so much always looking for a coffee free coffee but the closest I've found so far is Tea!