What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COCO and BLUMATS FTW!

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
will have to see what these bad boys are capable of

what do you think, 3 around a 7 gallon pot?

smoooth

will have to see what these bad boys are capable of

what do you think, 3 around a 7 gallon pot?

I think two would work fine evenly spaced with the drippers on the opposite end of each other. I believe someone has stated that one will work fine all the way up to a 5 gallon pot as long as it isn't a smart pot or the equivalent.
Just have to get em dialed in.

I'm not a Blumat expert (yet) but I believe the juniors have the water/nutes actually going through the ceramic carrot part, whereas the regular Blumats have an actual drip line, and the ceramic carrot part is simply the moisture sensor.

I ordered my Blumats from Sustainable village, call them though, as their website is jacked.

What's the big difference between the Blumats and the Blumat Jr's? I can find the Jr's online, but not the originals.

I got my Blumat order today!!!

100 blumat valves, a length of 8mm hose, and a length of the drip line.

I didn't realize how they join in-line with the 8mm hose. It is going to be quite a job to set up the whole room (6 lights with between 9 and 16 per light).

I think I need to get a couple more items, a valve so I can shut the flow while switching lines between 2 resevoirs, and some kind of filter so if any solids develop in the resevoir they don't make their way into the hose or drip lines.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
good luck puff. you WILL love them.....or you can sell them to me haha. you wont be disappointed once you get them all set up and running right. with auto top offs and all the DIY stuff you can leave for weeks when they are dialed in.

here are some new pics. the close up is of the herijuana. the pic really doesnt do it justice on the frostiness. in person they look like they way more frosty. its gonna be some scary potent shit

Attachments

• P5210581.JPG
    P5210581.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 20
  • P5210583.JPG
    P5210583.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 21

joedogsong

Dialing in

Dialing in

Got mine set up and now dialing them in. Need to order more now.
I made a few alterations and still working on a few more.
I ran a 3/8th" line from 50 gallon drum, then the 8mm to 3mm. Some places just ran the 3mm from the main 3/8"

I've had a few of the cones go dry and won't have it dialed in for a few days. Personally I'd never do this inside with out being prepared for catastrophic results. I'm in a green house for the first time and it sure is fun not worrying about being messy. I've been inside the house for years where every move is in consideration of not making a mess.
picture.php

Coco, Blumats, Sour Bubble in my new solar room.

humboldt101

I got blumat maxi's coming and i wanted to toss 'em in 3 gallon fabric pots 8" diameter 9" deep. I couldn't find much info on this sort of setup. I wanted to put a soaker on the outlet. Anybody have an opinion on this ?

joedogsong

Not quite sure what you mean by "I wanted to put a soaker on the outlet.". But, the Bluemat Maxi's are 9 inches long I've got 5 of the going along with 12 regulars in above pictures. The maxi's will work for you but shouldn't be pushed all the way down. The clay cone senses the moisture level and releases water based on that reading.
The regular's claim to water a 10" diameter.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
from what ive read on here i would say use maxi's on 5gal and up. im running 3 gal airpots with regulars just fine.

here's some lights out pics of the entire tent and a close up of the herijuana. pic got a little blurry but you get the point

Attachments

• P5250585.JPG
    P5250585.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 29
  • P5250586.JPG
    P5250586.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 28
G

GOOROO

I got my Blumat order today!!!

100 blumat valves, a length of 8mm hose, and a length of the drip line.

I didn't realize how they join in-line with the 8mm hose. It is going to be quite a job to set up the whole room (6 lights with between 9 and 16 per light).

I think I need to get a couple more items, a valve so I can shut the flow while switching lines between 2 resevoirs, and some kind of filter so if any solids develop in the resevoir they don't make their way into the hose or drip lines.

def consider multiple rez's......you need as little tubing in your run as possible.....I am down to 4-6 plants per light from doing 9 for 3 yrs. Same yield...

and fwiw I only use one stake per 5 gal bucket

from what ive read on here i would say use maxi's on 5gal and up. im running 3 gal airpots with regulars just fine.

here's some lights out pics of the entire tent and a close up of the herijuana. pic got a little blurry but you get the point

Looking good Desert. How is the air flow and light penetration with (I'm counting 12) of the ladies in your tent? Did you have to do any training or topping? I'm planning on running a similar setup to yours except instead of using airpots I think I'm going to be using regular buckets. Haven't yet decided on 2gal. or 5gal. but seeing yours makes me want to do 2gal and fit more in the tent.

I was also wondering if you've heard of anything about using the blumats with the coco hempy method? I'm wondering if the hole on the side of the bucket has to be big or even if adding a few more holes will make sure the water doesn't get trapped in the bucket.

Thanks a lot and enjoying the show. Can't wait to see how they finish up.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
it was originally 12 but i pulled a few males so now im down to 9. good thing too, because i vegged them WAAAAAYY too long for having 12 in there. i will say i could probably put about 16 herijuanas in there because of how open they grow and all the side branches are dead even with the main top.

light penetration is great with 2 600's in there. i dont see why it wouldnt work with the hempy bucket but i dont think it would be any better or worse than a normal pot. i like my airpots. the roots are crazy when i break up the coco after the grow. i can feed heavy if i want but this run im doing a very light feed all the way through and only a few days of flush. i probably wont even need to flush with how low im feeding and all the drip clean they get.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
once again took a shot at a macro photo. came out better this time but still lacking on my old camera lol

Attachments

• P5270591.jpg
    P5270591.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 26

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i got the OK to take over the whole bedroom. i pretty much was already since ive got so much junk in there. i need to have a green yard sale haha. so the new plan for next round is the 3 600's in a row over a 4x8 area and i'll use my 5x5 tent for veg and my 2x4 for SOG for the in between KISS runs. maxibloom is doin great so far. dark green growth. no deficeincies at all. i cant type for shit when ive been drinking and it pisses me off....... ive had to backspace and redo about every other word.

back to the plan..... gonna split the 4x8 up into 2 sections. half AK47 and half herijuana. the AK side will have less but more stalky plants since they are VERY bushy and the herijuanas i can really pack in there since they are so open and branchy with almost no foliage at all. i plant on putting about twice as many HJ's in the same amount of space so i should get about the same yield from each side.

i need to either buy some t5's for veg or possibly get a new lumatek that i can run on low wattage for the veggers. i think i can get by with one 400 or 600 and CO2 in a 5x5 tent

Desert Hydro

Veteran
here are some updates! they yellowing has set in :) things are winding down. about 20 days left or so on most and about 10-14 on the herijuana. im starting my new seeds tomorrow. i need to get some new clones up and running.. u can see the beast cola in the top left up against the hood. its well over a foot long lol. damn WWxBB streeeeeeetched like crazy. my hopes are for 2p but my goal to meet is 1.5. we shall see........

meanwhile in the SOG tent u can see the bitch wwXbb's that overtook the rest lol. the ak's are nice and even :)

Attachments

• P6010590.JPG
    P6010590.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 21
  • P6010589.JPG
    P6010589.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 27
  • P6010588.JPG
    P6010588.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 27
  • P6010587.JPG
    P6010587.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 21

nuggiespl

Wow desert hydro, ur set up looks nice, u got me thinking about blumats, it sounds like ur able to conserve quite a bit of water once u get them dialed in? U think i would be able to run liquid karma in my mix, or would that clog them up?

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i would just top feed by hand on ANY organic nutrient. i know how everyone loves LK and similar products and it sucks that you cant run them through blumats BUT its super simple to mix up a gallon or two and just hand feed them occasionally. half of u guys are hand feeding anyway. you would still be doing 90% less work lol

blumats are amazing! the only system i would run as well as my blumats is a nice ebb and flow table for SOG or an ebb and flow bucket system that they sell premade like the ebb and gro or flow and grow. i have had an ebb and grow and i will say that they are awesome as well. just keep the res full and youre set. it doesnt get any easier than blumats and coco.........except for the badass organic soil guys that their soil mixes are so nice all they have to do is use plain water through their blumats. they have it made :)

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i popped 5 mosca negra tsi fly, 3 mosca sweet tooth, 5 barneys farm critical kush and 1 free eva seeds TNT kush yesterday. soon we will be chugging along proper getting ready to fill up my new room. i have not started to flush yet but they are beginning to yellow from the top down signifying the end is near. i cant wait for the end of this run. ive got a lot of new genetics im very excited about to start off the next round.

Attachments

• P6030591.JPG
    P6030591.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 23
  • P6030594.JPG
    P6030594.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 22