What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COCO and BLUMATS FTW!

Ermahgerd

In the 12 pack, they look like the normal sized blumats. Is one blumat enough for a 7.6L smart pot?
Thanks.

**How big of a res tank do you need for 9/12 plants?

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the 12 pack, they look like the normal sized blumats. Is one blumat enough for a 7.6L smart pot?
Thanks.

**How big of a res tank do you need for 9/12 plants?

I grow in 3 gallon smart & air pots (roughly 12 liter), and while I have experimented with (2) blumats for redundancy's sake, I normally run only one. This has worked very well for 2+ years now.

The reservoir size is going to be dependent on what you want your fill frequency to be. My plants seems to average somewhere from 1-2 quarts per day depending on the size of the plant, portion of the life cycle, heat, etc.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never used Canna nutrients, so I can't help you there. I've recently (this run) changed over to Hydroponic Research's Veg+Bloom RO formula, and am very happy with it. It works well with the blumats, and for the first time I've found a nutrient that has enough Ca & Mg to work with my water.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
soooo, ive forgotten about this thread as well as icmag for quite some time as you can see. things are going well. testing new strains and whatnot. almost lost my two most prized strains but the clones pulled through. here is the almost completed run of some mosca negra gear ans some barneys farm gear..... will be finished in a couple weeks. next run will be all AK, herijuana, tsi fly and maybe sweet tooth if i like how she turns out.

mosca negras tsi fly are looking amazing! kudos to him and his fine genetics. huge colas and frosty as all hell

Attachments

• P8260624.JPG
    P8260624.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 29

Desert Hydro

Veteran
oh and im modifying my blumat setup. gonna run a single line of 3/4 in hydro tubing through the flower area and use the kent systems 3/32" barbs to run the lines with instead of the crappy black stiff tubing that comes with the blumats. we shall see how it goes. switching back to an open air 4x8 table and then my 5x5 tent will be my veg area and my 2x4 tent for moms or SOG.....not too sure about that one yet. thought about putting the 2x4 inside of the 5x5 to save some floor space in my room lol

Desert Hydro

Veteran
it might take a little vision but you should be able to see where im going with this..... first pic is the parts for making the pvc frame for the 4x8 scrog. i will be using plastic garden fencing stuff that has holes that are about 2"x2". the next pic is of the board i will have hanging from the ceiling that i will attach my lights to. this will be hung using rope ratchets so i can raise and lower all three lights in unison smoothly and with ease. i will then be able to make fine adjustments on each reflector up or down a few inches to fine tune the distance to the canopy since it will be a few different strains. i would like to maximize yield whilst cutting out most of the undergrowth making for easier and shorter trim sessions lol.

i think im gonna get these to proper size and do some monsters this round. we will see how patient i am with the veg cycle......i may just end up tossing more in there to fill the gaps but it would be cool to see how well i can do with fewer but bigger bushes

Attachments

• IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 18

yerboyblue

Has anyone tried these with bigger, deeper pots? I run 15 gallon pots and was wondering if putting a few of these blumats in it would supply enough water deeper in the pot.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never used Canna nutrients, so I can't help you there. I've recently (this run) changed over to Hydroponic Research's Veg+Bloom RO formula, and am very happy with it. It works well with the blumats, and for the first time I've found a nutrient that has enough Ca & Mg to work with my water.

Rives ... I am so glad to hear that !!! i've been running the V & B myself for awhile now but was using drip lines & have been wondering if i could pull out my blumats to use with the v&b , or if it would clog up on me . Thanx Bro :thank you:

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Rives,

Are you using the soft or hard Veg+Bloom formula. Trying to get my local shop to get some in. I'll be trying to soft since I'm using RO, but I've got several friends running tap that want to give it a try over their normal maxibloom or head recipe.

DH, are you gonna suspend that trellis or put legs on it?

St3ve

Has anyone tried these with bigger, deeper pots? I run 15 gallon pots and was wondering if putting a few of these blumats in it would supply enough water deeper in the pot.

the regular ones will definitely not work.. they make a "Maxi" blumat that is for bigger pots but for 15g I will wouldn't trust it.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i am going to put legs on the scrog and the legs will get clamped to my 2x4 frame that will be lined with pond liner. i have a sample of veg+bloom but i had been very hesitant about running it through my blumats. maybe i will do a small trial run on the side. i think as long as i have a small recirculating pump in the res it wont be an issue.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am going to put legs on the scrog and the legs will get clamped to my 2x4 frame that will be lined with pond liner. i have a sample of veg+bloom but i had been very hesitant about running it through my blumats. maybe i will do a small trial run on the side. i think as long as i have a small recirculating pump in the res it wont be an issue.

Don't think you'll even need the circ pump ... check this thread ... we just talked about it .
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=244648

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Rives,

Are you using the soft or hard Veg+Bloom formula. Trying to get my local shop to get some in. I'll be trying to soft since I'm using RO, but I've got several friends running tap that want to give it a try over their normal maxibloom or head recipe.

DH, are you gonna suspend that trellis or put legs on it?

FF, I use the RO formula. My tap water is the next thing to RO - it has 1.1 ppm Mg & 4.4 of Ca. Your friends might want to check the water analysis from their utility to see what they've actually got.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
maybe v+b is ok in your 1/4" lines but blumats use 3/32" spaghetti tubing that is TINY! i would be hesitant to run a powder based nute through them. i will try it out in my mother tent and see what happens lol

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maybe v+b is ok in your 1/4" lines but blumats use 3/32" spaghetti tubing that is TINY! i would be hesitant to run a powder based nute through them. i will try it out in my mother tent and see what happens lol

DH, I'm on my second run with V+B and blumats, and haven't had any issues with it.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
excellent. i noticed how incredibly frosty my plants were on straight maxibloom KISS and i think this will be in that same league but with better results. hey rives what strength are you running for your moms?

oh and your avatar reminds me of my incredibly ugly boxer. she's quite hideous but makes up for it in personality lol

Latest posts

Latest posts