What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CO2 MYTH BUSTED

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
WOW! I do indeed now see why so many people view stoners as dumb, if this is really the level of knowledge on scientific data concerning the fate of the earth.

RB56

Veteran
WOW! I do indeed now see why so many people view stoners as dumb, if this is really the level of knowledge on scientific data concerning the fate of the earth.
It's not stoner specific. Awful to think about what's really happening while people are defending themselves against enslavement by "climate scientists".

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
if the co2 is heating the place up I wish we had more in the UK LOL
Actaully, climate change is why we just had snow at the end of march, and why it will probably piss it down all summer....again.
Also, global warming does not mean everywhere will get warmer. It means the temperature inside the Earths atmosphere will be warmer as a whole. Britain will get even colder and wetter when the Gulfstream shuts down.

devilgoob

Veteran
I'm going to go with "the ice cap and glaciers have extended to florida in the past"

Water resposible for 80%? Well atleast the amount of water isnt changing.

Plus, we aren't talking latent heat of vaporization. We are talking refraction.

Thirdly. Cold winters do not prove anything.

Lastly, we can't face annihilation (a thinking mind can't picture itself [/B]not[/B] and use stories like water is actually more dangerous.

:biggrin: now skim over and misinterpret what you don't understand. Be sure to twist words and use terms like "global warmers" to ensure we're on two sides pitted against each other rather than a whole pondering life ending.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
The Global Warming scheme is tied directly to the CARBON TAX which is part of the New World Order This tax will be used to support the NWO Banksters and not be given to poor countries . Agenda21 will use the Global warming to enforce it's policies where by you will be stripped of your private property rights and moved to population centers to cut your Carbon footprint .....

Global Warming is a fraud to defraud you

this is 100% true same thing with the hole in the o zone layer. its always been there and always be there its around the earth much like a donut and always has holes at both end of the poles.. Everyyear it grows and shrinks with the seasons. They dont tell you any of this but if you cared enough to know the information is out there.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
This just scares me. I can't believe big biz has people actually believing that scientists are trying to perform a scam. Its big biz who dont want their profits hit by rising prices. How can you not understand that?

sprinkl

Veteran
1) CO2 is the major cause for global warming, together with CH4, CFKs and a buttload of other nasty chemicals. No human has gotten better from fossil fuels or chemicals since they were mass produced/used, pharmacy is nonsense everything can be done and even better by plants. Burning wood to warm your house still works fine you can even generate electricity from it, by just burning trees that grow in your backyard. That people still buy into all this industry bullshit saddens me. Nature is all we need! And we're destroying it by fossil fuels and chemicals...

2) Yes we're being played by scientists that "massage" results, people are just gullible and like to believe whatever stupid shit if it suits them. This does not mean that scientists are lying when they say we are the cause of a rise in CO2 levels. I'd rather believe that those scientists saying that the other climate scientists are lying are getting payed hefty sums to do so by the oil lobby's... And of course lots of people believe this because this means they can stay sitting on their lazy ass not having to change a thing! Who's profiting if we use natural ways to produce energy? No one, except for nature. Wherever there's profit for man there will be lies and deceit.

foaf

Veteran
the point is, there are pros and cons to elevated co2. we know the status quo but we dont really know the full consequences of elevated co2. Wont be good for low lying areas and some environments, but may be very good for food production and hunger.

they never ever speak of the pros of co2, thats why the article is of consequence

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Use C02 in your growroom, keep the PPM at 1800, and see how long you can stand staying in there.
There were no human beings (or mammals at all I think) on planet earth when Earth had the super high C02 levels.

T

TribalSeeds

Use C02 in your growroom, keep the PPM at 1800, and see how long you can stand staying in there.
There were no human beings (or mammals at all I think) on planet earth when Earth had the super high C02 levels.

I think youre forgetting the earth is only 6,000 years old and humans were riding dinosaurs on the planet shit like this comes from

Adze

Look at the rate of change of CO2 in the atmosphere in the last hundred years. If you saw it on a graph you’d recognize that never in the last 100,000 years has the rate of change been so dramatic. Yes, CO2 has been very high in the past, and it was a very different earth then too, not one I think we’re ready for just now. I believe that humanity will waste its opportunity to do anything effective, bickering over the issue and we’ll pay dearly for it.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I think youre forgetting the earth is only 6,000 years old and humans were riding dinosaurs on the planet shit like this comes from

Doh, stupid god, layering the muck under our feet so it looks like it has been deposited over hundreds of millions of years, bloody trickster. :biggrin:

mrcreosote

Veteran
We need to give up oil and coal so we can get back to that 'natural' deforestation when we used wood to cook and heat.

No high CO2 levels in the middle of the Sahara Desert.

Floridian

Veteran
Harry I dont know what you mean man,I've been flowering at 1800 PPM for about 10 years now and I dont think I've retarded myself.I spend about 2 hours every 4 th day of flowering breathing around 1800PPM.I set my controller for 1500 but being in there while watering kicks it up a bit

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Volcanoes = 65 to 320 million tons CO2 per year
Man = 30 billion tons CO2 per year

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Actaully, climate change is why we just had snow at the end of march, and why it will probably piss it down all summer....again.
Also, global warming does not mean everywhere will get warmer. It means the temperature inside the Earths atmosphere will be warmer as a whole. Britain will get even colder and wetter when the Gulfstream shuts down.

Mathematical Physicist Dr. Frank Tipler, professor at Tulane University who has authored 58 peer-reviewed publications and five books, ridiculed man-made climate claims. “Whether the ice caps melt, or expand --- whatever happens --- the AGW (anthropogenic global warming) theorists claim it confirms their theory. A perfect example of a pseudo-science like astrology," Tipler wrote on December 22, 2008.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A little history lesson on climate change -

1000 AD - Around the year 1000, we had a warming period where the temperature was so high, there were grape vinyards in England, and the Vikings were able to travel safely through waters that are now impassible with icebergs.

The Little Ice Age

The Little Ice Age was a time of cooler climate in most parts of the world. Although there is some disagreement about exactly when the Little Ice Age started, records suggest that temperatures began cooling around 1250 A.D. The coldest time was during the 16th and 17th Centuries. By 1850 the climate began to warm.

During the Little Ice Age, average global temperatures were 1-1.5 degree Celsius (2-3 degrees Fahrenheit) cooler than they are today. The cooler temperatures were caused by a combination of less solar activity and large volcanic eruptions. Cooling caused glaciers to advance and stunted tree growth. Livestock died, harvests failed, and humans suffered from famine and disease.

Wet weather caused disease that affected people, animals and crops including the bubonic plague (also called the Black Death). This disease killed more than a third of Europeans.
Farms and villages in Northern Europe were deserted because the farmers couldn’t grow crops in the cooler climate.

According to Elizabeth Ewan and Janay Nugent, "Famines in France 1693-94, Norway 1695-96 and Sweden 1696-97 claimed roughly 10% of the population of each country. In Estonia and Finland in 1696-97, losses have been estimated at a fifth and a third of the national populations, respectively."

"During the period 1645–1715, in the middle of the Little Ice Age, there was a period of low solar activity known as the Maunder Minimum."

Latest posts

Latest posts