What's new

CO2 Controller

Mr.Jusper

Im in Malta. You could be right! They have 230V, the co2 controller says 110-240V, but the regulator is 110V. So if the regulator is connected in the controller its ok because it is between 110 and 240, but when i put the regulator separated in a timer in 230 probably that is when it got burned out. Thanks a lot guys.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I very much doubt it can handle it through the controller. It's more likely the controller is global, but the solenoid is market specific.
I looked on the vivosun website. They don't sell co2 stuff at all. So I'm not sure what you have.

It's possible you can swap just the coil part that's melted. Or use a small 240/110 convertor.

Mr.Jusper

I very much doubt it can handle it through the controller. It's more likely the controller is global, but the solenoid is market specific.
I looked on the vivosun website. They don't sell co2 stuff at all. So I'm not sure what you have.

It's possible you can swap just the coil part that's melted. Or use a small 240/110 convertor.
Well, the controller is 110-240V, the regulator 110V and the maltese outlet 230V so everything fits if i plug the regulator to the controller. Until it was in the controller it worked as well. Im going to buy the convertor though, thanks. I have the exact Vivosun model Three Berries linked in his last comment.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Perhaps the controller does the magic as you suggest. Some sort of internal current monitoring, to regulate the power flowing to the solenoid, regardless of mains input. Such electronics is common now, used in many devices. Though I'm surprised to see it here, I don't see a 240v solenoid being sold in 220-240v markets. Odd how they don't seem to have a website, to get the info at source.

Them yellow boxes on building sites are 240-110 and very common. These days the heavy transformer based one's are being shunned in favour of electronic versions. So they are a bit big and ugly, but worth very little used.

Mr.Jusper

Perhaps the controller does the magic as you suggest. Some sort of internal current monitoring, to regulate the power flowing to the solenoid, regardless of mains input. Such electronics is common now, used in many devices. Though I'm surprised to see it here, I don't see a 240v solenoid being sold in 220-240v markets. Odd how they don't seem to have a website, to get the info at source.

Them yellow boxes on building sites are 240-110 and very common. These days the heavy transformer based one's are being shunned in favour of electronic versions. So they are a bit big and ugly, but worth very little used.
Probably but im not sure still, so i wont risk to ruin a third regulator, im gonna use the stepdown converter anyway. Btw i just open now the cylinder with hands, to give them some co2, was 2500ppm today, a bit too much but i had the fans off till they used it (around 90 minutes). And they loved it :) So until i get a new regulator it will be like this :D

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Good to hear you are on track :)

Have you stripped a broken one? The coil part of industrial gear is very often replaceable. The mechanical part of that valve will of rolled off the production line without any electrical part on it. Then a range of coils fitted. 12v 24v 48v 110v 220v... maybe even 400v. Often these coils are industry standard parts, and I don't see why this one isn't. So I would really have a look at that, to see if you can fit a 240v coil for peanuts.

Look at this: https://pl.aliexpress.com/wholesale...chText=solenoid+coil&spm=a2g0o.home.1000002.0
5$

Mr.Jusper

Good to hear you are on track :)

Have you stripped a broken one? The coil part of industrial gear is very often replaceable. The mechanical part of that valve will of rolled off the production line without any electrical part on it. Then a range of coils fitted. 12v 24v 48v 110v 220v... maybe even 400v. Often these coils are industry standard parts, and I don't see why this one isn't. So I would really have a look at that, to see if you can fit a 240v coil for peanuts.

Look at this: https://pl.aliexpress.com/wholesale...chText=solenoid+coil&spm=a2g0o.home.1000002.0
5$
Thank you mate! I sent them back i get my money back theoritically. And from aliexpress it takes some time to get the goodies. So when the light goes on, i give some co2 manually, and when they used it i start the fan. For now.. Next round will be fully automatized.

Reactions: f-e