What's new

CNS17 New Coco Formula

MoleMcHenry

Nice thread, dongle!

I'd be interested in hearing others' experiences with the new coco cns 17 also. Has anyone else see such good results as dongle?

I've been using the CNS17 for Coco & Soil in one-gallon containers of CocoGro.

My plants like the CNS17 more than they like my Pure Blend Pro w/Cal-Mag. The plants get perkier and look happier with the CNS17.

I asked my local hydro-shop guy about CNS17, and he said people like the new Coco & Soil formula, but he said nobody liked the original formula for hydro. But then he recommended General Hydro 3-part with about 3-4 additives.

I'd grow with Miracle-Gro nutes before I went and tried to mix up 6-7 different mixtures every time I want to water. The thing I like about CNS17 is that it doesn't require any additives to produce healthy plants.

slappyjack

I still use the old CNS17 bloom in E&F coco, no additives. It takes forever to get through a gallon in my small closet grows. I really don't see the need to switch yet, the old formula is a freaking miracle. It produces perfect results every time.

I bottom feed twice a day at 1.4EC. CNS maintains 5.8 PH without any extra effort, the PH always stays rock solid. My res is self regulating with a float valve that feeds tap water, and yet it still maintains the correct PH.

Can someone tell me why I should dump the old formula that already works so well?

one Q

Quality
Veteran
dongle, I talked to the rep at botanicare today and he said that the coir formula is better suited for all around growing in hydro of all kinds. That the regular formula is [a bit overkill] to paraphrase.

I was told that they have shown better results with the coir formula b/c of the P being brought down.

This could be jibberish, but I want a ONE bottle/line for all my ventures here and there. Legal and Ill. Now that RIPE is out, CNScoir is the way to go if not going lucas.

Im glad that you posted your grow in the other room stating that you used no additives with CNS and got good results.

TO ALL: I am interested in anyone and everyones opinion and exp about taste. When CNS first came out some ppl said that CNS was not good on flavor even after curing. Maybe the RIPE can solve this?

Work2much

I'm using the new formula right now and its the most trouble free first run of any nute I've ever done. I'm up to 700ppm overall right now two weeks into bloom and slowly pushing it up every week about 100ppm or so. Part of that is a quarter dose of LK which I feel helps in a few different ways but most of it is CNS-B and its been great. No problems at all except for nice even fairly quick growth.

J

JackKerouac

I use CNS17 old formula when I am on a budget. The only coco nute that I have used that I like better for the money is Canna Coco. Screw overpriced monkey juice.

slappyjack

BTW, be careful about using molasses with CNS17 old formula. I just added a bare minimum 2 tbs to my big res and it precipitated into thousands of solid floaters and my PH went all haywire.

Hmm, I guess I needed a res change anyway.

raygun

BioBizz Coco-Mix.
I don't know why they call it Mix, it is straight coco.

It's probably a mix of fine and chunky coco particles.

I think because its coco coir and coco fiber mix? Who knows but its good stuff.

So the CNS seems to be an alright cheeper alternative for those who like floranova as I do. Been running GH my whole growing carrier and the nova series since it came out. Good to know about alternatives if needed.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Dongle!

Dongle!

I'm going to look now, but where did you start with cns17 as far as ML/G go?

D

dongle69

About 25 ml/gal.
Now I just pour it in until I reach 1200-1300 ppm at .7 conversion.

Ulysses

So, basically, the new Coco & Soil version of CNS17 Bloom was actually made weaker?

2-1-3 for the Bloom? Doesn't seem like much of a Bloom nute at all??? WTF?

slappyjack

So, basically, the new Coco & Soil version of CNS17 Bloom was actually made weaker?

2-1-3 for the Bloom? Doesn't seem like much of a Bloom nute at all??? WTF?

That is odd, I know I don't need any more Nitrogen in flower. The old formula works perfectly, so I'm hesitating to switch it up now.

D

dongle69

People can't seem to stop themselves from adding pk boosters, so maybe that accounts for some of it?

wickedpete66

My first coco run was with the original cns 17 bloom formula. I have since switched to heads gh formula and am having better results.

Latest posts

Latest posts