What's new

CNS17 New Coco Formula

C

Carl Carlson

The Ripen isn't something I would use, but don't let that stop you.

Ras Mason

Veteran
Why is that?
They are using almost only that in the 2-3 of the bloom cycle.....
I am not sure about it either....

I love my pure blend pro though.

C

Carl Carlson

Morgan is a smart woman, but I'm looking at going in the other direction completely for now. Other people whose opinion I respect use lot of diff. products and techniques that I am not necessarily interested in.

When and If I ever start messing around again with PK, it would be with a 1:2 or a 2:1 product.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
The Ripen isn't something I would use, but don't let that stop you.
CNS17 Ripe is a 1-5-4,

If you want to drop the N late flower; I am not aware of a better 1 part nutrient (AN's Overdrive is 1-5-4, but not a 1 part). Ive used it, it works. Hell, Ive ran CNS Ripe and PBP bloom soil, both @10mL/Gal ~ 80N 100P 200K. Currently i am experimenting with GHflora6/9, (about half as much K as my botanicare lineup), but i will probably finish them with the Ripe (rather than just dropping the floramicro)
FWIW, I happened to be in the store today buying some at the same time as a regional rep. was coming in the door. I asked him about the sulfur content and his answer was that there is none in the CNS17 coco & soil grow.
That is their only formula that doesnt list S, but they list sulfates in the "derived from".

Last edited:
C

Carl Carlson

I did try the Ripe once and hated it actually.

There, you made me say it.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
but you didnt say anything...

Ive tried brussel sprouts a bunch of times, and i hate them, but thats is not a good reason to tell people not to eat them.

A good reason to not eat them is they are like mini sulfur-lettuce-bombs, that most cooks try to mask with loads of butter. I dont think food should taste like bitter sulfur butter mini cabbages, so i dont recommend them to anyone.

C

Carl Carlson

that was my attempt at humor. obviously it didn't take.

but seriously, I tried it on one crop and hated the results. One plant out of the group finished earlier than the rest, so it wasn't flushed at all. The rest were switched from FNB to Ripe for a week and than flushed for a week plain water. The buds from the first plant tasted great and the buds from the rest did not.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
FWIW, I happened to be in the store today buying some at the same time as a regional rep. was coming in the door. I asked him about the sulfur content and his answer was that there is none in the CNS17 coco & soil grow.

I posted about this earlier, but upon further research i wish i would have been more through.

The sulfur (S) is not listed in the guaranteed minimum analysis, however that doesnt mean its not there. The label also says 'Derived From Calcium Nitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate, Mono Potassium Phosphate, Manganese Sulfate, Ammonium Molybdate'.
CNS17 Coco Grow_Gallon Back Label.png

You should have asked the rep if he could read.

Last edited:

anomolies

I'm just barely understanding ppms, so here's a dumb question:

25ml/gal gives:

n 152
p 33
k 189
mg 38
s 86
ca 152

I thought that full sized plants need 1500 ppm, but this nutrient profile of 25ml/gal gives less than 700 ppm. Yet if you go to 30ml/gal you're likely to burn your plants.
Am I not adding it up right?

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
'PPM meters' do not measure parts-per-million. 'PPM meters' actually measure electrical conductivity (EC) (EC measured in μS/cm or mS/cm) Then they take this μS/cm and convert it to a unit they have labeled 'ppm'. Different manufactures use different 'ppm' conversions, hence the different conversion factors.

So 'ppm' does not correlate with the actual elemental parts per million (And you certainly cant add 100N+100P and have 200ppm). You would need a very expensive piece of equipment to know the exact elemental ppm levels. If you understand fertilizers you will have a good estimate of what your elemental ppm levels are.

Last edited:

anomolies

'PPM meters' do not measure parts-per-million. 'PPM meters' actually measure electrical conductivity (EC) (EC measured in μS/cm or mS/cm) Then they take this μS/cm and convert it to a unit they have labeled 'ppm'. Different manufactures use different 'ppm' conversions, hence the different conversion factors.

So 'ppm' does not correlate with the actual elemental parts per million. You would need a very expensive piece of equipment to know the exact elemental ppm levels. If you understand fertilizers you will have a good estimate of what your elemental ppm levels are.

dude I know that...

these ppms are what's listed on back of the container:

25ml/gal gives:

n 152
p 33
k 189
mg 38
s 86
ca 152

I'm confused because it doesn't hit the 1000-1500 ppm that plants need, yet going to 30ml/gal will burn your plants.

Sorry but either you're not explaining it in a way I can understand or you're talking about something else entirely.

You're saying if I add this at 25ml/gal to R.O. water:
n 152
p 33
k 189
mg 38
s 86
ca 152
that the ppm won't be the sum of those numbers but will be much higher?

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
you certainly wont add 100N+100P+200K and get a 400ppm reading. There is no 'sum of those numbers', It doesnt work that way. Manufactures have their own ppm scale, they 'stole' the label 'ppm' and use it incorrectly (adding to confusion).

When 'they' recommend X ppm it is associated with their scale, and it is total BULLSHIT. (for instance 1500ppm=2100ppm=3.0EC) PPM is bullshit.

Technaflora is the only manufacture I see that lists EC plainly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts