What's new

CNBC Should marijuana be legalized?

If it's good enough to use for writing our Consititution on, it's good enough for The People for which it was intended. If it's something many of our Consitition's founders & writers can grow, smoke, use, then it's time for this country to accomodate those who wish to use it, not imprison them, no matter be it med OR recreational use.

FWIW, I think the 'alcohol reference' points out our country's tolerance to a major contributor to US deaths annually, which fuels a big money machine that cannabis can't be compared to.

It comes right down to money. If cannabis could find a niche that would fuel a simillar 'greed' in industry, maybe things would change. But for most, it's far too easy to grow. I would imagine there are many that WON'T grow based on it's illegal status, and if ever 'completely' legalized, supplying 'toking' consumers may not make a huuuuge fortune like big tobacco, it most definitely can make a huge financial impact on US industry.

Imagine how long a pair of jeans would last if made from hemp fibers instead of cotton. Or the numbers of trees that could be saved using hemp for paper. Or the numbers of corn crops that could be used for FOOD instead of wasting money refining it, using hemp oil instead. The farming benefits are mindboggling. Had it been legal some years back, so many small farms in middle America would still be operating today, still pumping money into the US economy.
Fewer prisons that are being planned to house cannabis users would save taxpayers BILLIONS. The billions wasted each year in 'erradication' efforts could go to give the teachers that educate millions of our children a much needed as well as deserving raises. The millions if not billions(taxpayer dollars) spent by our govt on the dis-information campaigns concerning cannabis would be a great boost to healthcare reform.

It's actually quite amazing the lengths our fed govt will go to in order to keep this plant illegal.

Can't wait to see what 'light' CNBC will play cannabis into.

I think maybe it's time for the folks @ FOX and the rest of 'em to man-up and get real.

Just my two cents... :D

SPM

mjcuresall

If not legalized, then certainly decriminalized

If not legalized, then certainly decriminalized

My :2cents:...

Marijuana came with the planet. Who are we to interfere with Mother Nature?

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
legalization and decriminalization are two different things. It should definitely be decriminalized, and restrictions for abuse/underage. I don't know if i would want it to be completely legal though.

Not trying to stir up shit, but usually when I hear someone say that they're more than happy to sell you an oz for $400. lol...

I understand though, just think though - you could have a whole pot factory one day.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I want a bud auction site where I can sell fine prime colas for high dollar. This would of course, fund my charitable floral efforts. CNBC is watched by the folks with money.
H

The bad thing about selling quality genetics for a good price, is the next one down the line will always make more off YOUR growing skills.

Myself, I'd just like to move to Kali and open my own dispensary, then I can have a better control of the profiteering. Selling great genetics directly to the patients for the price of low grade. Nothing wrong with selling an ounce of qulity herb for those that truly NEED it for 150. No need to be greedy.

It's about quality over quantity... life is no different.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Is CNBC a cable channel? I have not seen any mention of this on the local NBC affiliate. When it airs anyone with a link to it online post it up.

Indica Jones

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't New Mexico number 14? I could have dreamed it though..........................LOL

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I'm getting pretty godamned sick and tired of everyone on here bashing alcohol. Yes, the hard stuff kills, but red wine has been proven to have health benefits. I enjoy my glass of red wine on a daily basis and would rather have it than cannabis on a daily basis. I can get pretty burnt out on cannabis if I have it day after day, but red wine helps my digestion and overall makes me feel good, too. Beer causes bloat and has minimal, if any, health benefits. Please don't overlook the benefit of a daily glass of red wine.

~Abbie :joint:

It's the billions of cans of shit beer and millions of bottles of liquor that we're referring to as 'alcohol'.

A beer occasionally or a glass of wine a day is fine. Anything else is just irresponsible.

I HAVE to toke every day or life is miserable. Be glad you can take a break :)

Tonight's the nite!

I think everyone at my shop will be watching...lol Even my boss. It's great that even though my job does RDT, my boss and even the owner think it should be legalized. The work we do for multi-billion dollar companies demands that we are tested and certified as well. It's not something the owner wanted, but to get the big jobs, I guess sometimes sacrifices are made.

With a little luck, this airing tonight will finally shed a little bit more of a positive light on the hardworking Americans that choose to partake of the sacred herb. Besides, our economy needs it. Anyone with a bean for a brain can see how much revenue it could potentially generate for the benefit of America. To continue the raids and prohibition is nothing short of immoral. It tells Americans it's ok to get drunk, but you're a criminal if you smoke herb. Where's the image of morality in that thinking? It's not there. Period. It puts money and greed BEFORE human life. THAT is beyond immoral.

I see a day, when we will all stand together and shout it out loud to OUR govt, and the greedy politicians controlling the show, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Repeal prohibition or lose YOUR job next election!

Of the many many people I've spoke with on the subject, it truly surprises me the number of non-users that are in support of not just decriminalization, but full legalization.

Then I hear the assbags Hannity and O'Riely who ask the dumbest question: "So you want 'DRUGS' legalized?" I'd just LOVE the bitch-slap the both of 'em and ask them since when did an HERB become a DRUG? Caffeine and nicotine are far more addictive than cannabis could EVER be! Then bitch-slap 'em both again just for good measure. :D

tngreen

Veteran
im highly skeptical this will show it in a positive light, most likely more neutral. i hope im wrong though and they do a good report, guess ill see very soon!

G

Think about it. This is the money channel.
I think this program is about "show me the money."

I think even if it IS just a 'nuetral' light, that's pointing a BIG "You've been LIED to" finger at our very own beloved govenment. At my shop, many are full-time church-going Christians, and the ones I've talked to about it feel it's a government sham that it remains illegal. I'm really very stoked about the 'Marijauna Inc' report.

I say it's ABOUT TIME SOMEONE has the nuts to shed the light of TRUTH on the benefits of cannabis and the capital it could pump into our flailing, stagnate economy.

I think after the show we should at least go to the CNBC website and let them know our appreciation for them running the story. I truly belive it's very possible this very report could continue the huge ripple effect in the cannabis movement.

At the very least it's going to give some much needed steam to the Medical Movement that will encourage other states to adopt MMJ. If Obama will just end the goddamn raids on the good people of California and other states that have flourishing cannabis related business. It doesn't matter what stance Obama has on cannabis, as the truth will set America FREE.

More and more as other states here in the US adopt Medical Marijuana, it will and HAS been becoming more and more accepted by mainstream America. Personally I think we are witnesses to HISTORY in the making. I feel the cloud of mis-information of America slowly lifting. :D

:30 minutes away!

Got your popcorn ready? :lurk:

They wouldn't want me on that set, I'd have blown the former dea fella outta the water...where does that tard get his facts??? Just more governmental hype and propaganda...

...on with the show!