What's new

CNBC Should marijuana be legalized?

VirginHarvester

Veteran
The problem is CNBC are a bunch of journalistic hacks. If that were coming from FOX with a 65% yes it would be good news. Yes, I realize what FOX is all about(can't stand Hannity) but CNBC enjoys one of the worst market shares of all the broadcast news outlets. On FOX you still have people like OReilly and Hannity preaching the evils of it, even though they have no problem occasionally imbibing in the use of one of the most destructive drugs in existence. Until there is a good and honest debate that's not one sided based more from the point of view that "look, it's here to stay and it's not anymore damaging that alcohol and cigarettes(far far less obviously) so how can we put it to use to help raise money and put a dent in organized crime's operating pocket at the same time" it's a long road. I'm not pooping on your source per se just that CNBC represent such an extreme opinion to the left that even at 100% it accounts for a very small portion of public sentiment.

Obviously we all know drug companies would like to control its production if they had the chance and that would be like turning it over to a quasi organized crime outfit. :)

The key imo is having restrictions but more importantly leave it to private individuals to be licensed to produce and distribute through sanctioned outlets as well as people applying for the right to grow their own. Until there is an open and honest debate it's going to be difficult. I remember a prosecutor on FOX recently talking about MJ as a gateway drug and basically saying how bad it is. I think she's way off base. Far more crimes are committed by people who are influenced by alcohol than any drug their is, except for maybe crack and meth. But the point is, we tolerate it, wouldn't even think about repealing alcohol use as a legal right- couldn't imagine it. But the facts are there, nobody wants to talk about it is all.

Some people would call my reasoning moral equivalency but the fact is, there's a huge difference morally between MJ, alcohol, and tobacco. They're not even in the same ballpark, perhaps not even in the same solar system. They aren't morally similar imo.

Last edited:

thecreeper

legalization and decriminalization are two different things. It should definitely be decriminalized, and restrictions for abuse/underage. I don't know if i would want it to be completely legal though.

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
VirginiaH-
are you sure you're not mixing up CNBC & MSNBC? CNBC is pretty much the place for financial news.

raygun

I know one of those stations is putting on an inside the medical MJ movement. I believe the focus is on the amount of $$$ they can make and what the tax revinue woudl bring to the country of it were taxed and legalized. Its comming up on the 21 or 22nd I believe.

I found the times its posted in the link
SHOW TIMES
Premieres Thursday, January 22nd 9p | 1a ET
On CNBC

What it's going to take is some greed to get MJ legalized. Fear, predjudice and racism made it illegal and unfortunatly greed is going to be the only way america legalizes it.
America is corporate and corporations say "Show me the money!!!"

MJ needs to become more profitable on the legal end for buseinss and state, my perfered and favored method. Or the MJ movement needs to get as violent a side as the bootlegers did back in prohibition. Perhaps a year or two of public gangstyle executoins and bombings would bring the public/gov to its sence. It seems thats what it took the govt to appeal the 18th. A string of violence and total corruption all surrounding the legality of alcohol.

I have for a long time had a great plan for legalization on the local level and with safe guards to keep it local and to keep big busienss out of it as well. It would keep law enforcement happy and still able to make $ off busts, but not terrorize the hard working american public and rip families apart. Their would still be large illegal (cartel/organized crime) grows that they could put there energy towards along with freeing up more time to bust meth producers and other hard drug suppliers and distributers.

I think I'll put together a post on it soon.

Last edited:
G

Yes .. it looks like the financial channel wants to look at the business of bud.

ROJO145

Veteran
Oreilly's an ASSHOLE....Fox news is the WORST buncha shit out there.I dont care about there market shares,as long as they report halfway decent news.

AbbieDoobie

I'm getting pretty godamned sick and tired of everyone on here bashing alcohol. Yes, the hard stuff kills, but red wine has been proven to have health benefits. I enjoy my glass of red wine on a daily basis and would rather have it than cannabis on a daily basis. I can get pretty burnt out on cannabis if I have it day after day, but red wine helps my digestion and overall makes me feel good, too. Beer causes bloat and has minimal, if any, health benefits. Please don't overlook the benefit of a daily glass of red wine.

~Abbie :joint:

VirginHarvester

Veteran
VirginiaH-
are you sure you're not mixing up CNBC & MSNBC? CNBC is pretty much the place for financial news.
My bad, you are correct. That is interesting that it came from CNBC and much rather hear it from them than MSNBC. Now if we can get FOX to be "real" about MJ it could help eventually soften people up.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
I'm getting pretty godamned sick and tired of everyone on here bashing alcohol. Yes, the hard stuff kills, but red wine has been proven to have health benefits. I enjoy my glass of red wine on a daily basis and would rather have it than cannabis on a daily basis. I can get pretty burnt out on cannabis if I have it day after day, but red wine helps my digestion and overall makes me feel good, too. Beer causes bloat and has minimal, if any, health benefits. Please don't overlook the benefit of a daily glass of red wine.

Not at all. The point is you have the choice if you want to have a glass of red wine and can have it with dinner out at a restaurant. You should also have the choice of a nice blond hash brownie ala mode if you so choose. That would be a nice dessert huh?

I can just imagine the stories that would come from that environment, two people that have never tried it but decide to order that one up and tell the story how they've never been so happy and made beautiful love the entire night. Would definitely make some fans out of them... Of course, they would need to take a cab home. :)

Last edited:

CLDBD

I am right there with you. I don't drink all that much because I don't handle it well. My stomach gets upset at times. Sometimes I can rage and no problems. Other times I have a few beers and I feel like shit. I now drink red wine with my wife often. I never have any problems with that. I smoke pot daily though. I think why everyone gets boned up about alcohol is the damage it causes to the body and people and how many lives have been ruined by drunk parents or drivers and yet you can pick it up on every street corner. Hell you can load your car down with enough to kill ten indians but if I get caught with a little joint I could possibly do jail time. Just seems like a bizzaro world kind of setup to me and allot of other folks. Having alcohol completely legal and marijuana not is just crazy.

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Alcohol is a poison, literaly. Pot has no lethal dose 50%.

I voted a couple times via proxy.

CLDBD

Alcohol is a poison, literaly. Pot has no lethal dose 50%.

I voted a couple times via proxy.

I forgot to add that. Thank you. I have seen people turned into vegetables or die with alcohol. Try as I may I have yet to be able to smoke myself to death or hear of anyone doing so.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Currently, 13 states have laws on the books stating it’s not a crime to possess small amounts of marijuana. Internationally, other countries have similar legislation. A number of studies reveal legalization of pot does not necessarily lead to increased usage.

TAKE OUR POLL!
Do you favor the decriminalization of marijuana use?

Yes

No

Vote to see results

Do you favor the decriminalization of marijuana use? * 9217 responses

Yes
97%

No
2.7%

:nanana:

tngreen

Veteran
times are already changing, just look at how many mainstream news outlets are covering this subject. publicity is publicity, positive or negative. Some will be strayed by misinformation from the negative publicity but atleast they somewhat think about it. The problem is most voters dont bother to inform themselves, they just take what CNN or FOX says as fact. just the fact that so many people are asking the question "Should it be legalized?" is a step in the right direction.

Latest posts

Latest posts