What's new

CMH vs LED vs HPS

kro-magnon

Veteran
This dude is just talking. He says picture don’t matter, science don’t matter! I even posted a real side by side with results. And they even talked about the actual perception of the smoke and it’s effects! That’s don’t matter either. He is essentially saying nothing matters other than his opinion 😂 he claims he has state of the art LED but it probably would have been easier to type the name of the light than state of the art. This guy doesn’t own LED. He is just talking.
That guy snakedope is a joke, he contradicts himself, deny tolerance exists and grow the best weed of the whole universe but no one can see it, another great example of a limited brain who thinks he's the smartest.
I've started smoking more than 30 years ago and I'd be happy to get the same effect I got when I started.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
689E39B5-C296-4CEB-9B83-437042281C74.jpeg
11738FD7-DBA7-4DDB-971A-7D0479B9FE31.jpeg
3FD84225-0C13-4EFD-8555-93F553B80EAE.jpeg
6D015B15-26AF-4A90-A6EB-6208D29EA969.jpeg

All LED, Agrobar 720s. Higher g per sq/ft than ever and higher cannabinoid and terpene testing than any HID run in my career of 20 years of doing it. LEDs win, i was against it for years, but I went with science and adapted. To those stuck in the past with your 1000w lights that cant even hit 2.0 of efficacy, i promise you the grass is actually greener and terpier on the other side.

Cactus Squatter

View attachment 18807017 View attachment 18807018 View attachment 18807019 View attachment 18807020
All LED, Agrobar 720s. Higher g per sq/ft than ever and higher cannabinoid and terpene testing than any HID run in my career of 20 years of doing it. LEDs win, i was against it for years, but I went with science and adapted. To those stuck in the past with your 1000w lights that cant even hit 2.0 of efficacy, i promise you the grass is actually greener and terpier on the other side.
Fully agree and can’t wait until I’m fully dialed in and adapted to LED so my grows look as solid as that one you just posted.
Are you in soil, coco or hydro?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fully agree and can’t wait until I’m fully dialed in and adapted to LED so my grows look as solid as that one you just posted.
Are you in soil, coco or hydro?
This is a DWC/NFT hybrid we developed. Ran it that way a long time but after some testing were realizing we can achieve more with simple ebb and flow. Just remember oxygen is 10000x more available in the air than water regardless of oxygenation. Cannabis is extremely demanding of oxygen in the root zone. More than most plants. Thanks for the kind words.

As for the prior foxtailing comments, its 100% been linked to higher red in the nm spectrum along with photobleaching, which HID on average produce more of than most LED lights of high quality. LEDs absolutely do not create more foxtailing, less if anything.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LEDs are far from perfect, but they have a good spectrum and they don't get as hot. There is a learning curve with nutes, still they produce a good plant. As far as the hate for them goes, it's the learning curve, not the LEDs.
Lets be clear about the “not as hot” thing. For every watt of energy generated the same amount of heat is created regardless of the light. They just use less energy than 1000w hids for the ppfd/efficacy they can create. Most 6-700w leds can generate 2.6-2.8 umol/j efficacy vs a 1000w hid which rarely hits 1.9 brand new bulb and ballast. Also their heat radiates upward vs downward toward the canopy like HIDs.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
@bigtacofarmer , Did you switch to only LED on your grow now ? And what are the pros and cons you've experienced growing with them?
Your buds look totally smokable to me, I wouldn't mind give them a try.
Yes. Been all LED for about 2 years. Pros..... power bill went down, need less a/c, yield went up. Cons.... plants are more sensitive to low temperature. I believe it is the lower leaf temperature but dialing in the environment seems more important to quality than with hps. If it gets down into the high 70s you can quickly see the plants are not growing as quickly. Overall I'm happy with them.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
View attachment 18807017 View attachment 18807018 View attachment 18807019 View attachment 18807020
Post the tests

snakedope

That guy snakedope is a joke, he contradicts himself, deny tolerance exists
Tolerance exists yes, but you still get high.
and grow the best weed of the whole universe but no one can see it, another great example of a limited brain who thinks he's the smartest.
Lol u are just dumb bro, saying stuff I never said, gtfo, have an argument instead of talking shit all day

Crooked8 - your buds look led great ! Looking like almost all led grows, looks fire, medicore smoke 100%, don't get offended, it's the light u use, not u.

ll LED, Agrobar 720s. Higher g per sq/ft than ever and higher cannabinoid and terpene testing than any HID run in my career of 20 years of doing it. LEDs win, i was against it for years, but I went with science and adapted. To those stuck in the past with your 1000w lights that cant even hit 2.0 of efficacy, i promise you the grass is actually greener and terpier on the other side.
Stay on the g/w numbers bro, that's all u can get outta LEDs
So you got 1kg more then hids but it's shit lol😅
Talking about figures all day won't get you nowhere if your product is shit, I smoked so many led grows, I'm putting my house that your bud is medicore at best.
As for the prior foxtailing comments, its 100% been linked to higher red in the nm spectrum along with photobleaching, which HID on average produce more of than most LED lights of high quality. LEDs absolutely do not create more foxtailing, less if anything.
Yeah that's why LEDs grows shows 95% of fox tailing in each grow lol
Another denier of reality
That's why I don't trust no one in this community (not icmag, I mean the whole growing community) everything is ego, fox tails ? Amazing
Hairy trichs ? Amazing
Everyone lies all the time
You smoke over 20 years and your led bud now is better ? Lier.
We can see through the lies, why ?
Cuz we smoked so much hps/outdoor/led weed that it's already so easy to see
Only the ones who invested heavily in the LEDs game are still debating something everyone knows lol

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I never have issues with foxtailing under LED. And back when I ran hps it was always a sign that temperature was to high.

I do not think it is fair to judge a light, or really anything if there is some environmental issue out of whack. All of this new technology is developed in perfectly dialed environments. And I wouldn't expect it to perform as well if not.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You really think he did tests of terepens or thc ? You believe this guy ? Can't you see it's all egooooo
"I got more terepens and quality then ever before" yeah right bud we believe you
You really think he did tests of terepens or thc ? You believe this guy ? Can't you see it's all egooooo
"I got more terepens and quality then ever before" yeah right bud we believe you
Ego? At least im posting flowers. Have you shown anyone anything? Ever? I have partners, i cant post any information that is confined within ndas ive signed. But to assume we arent testing is pretty naive. Its standard and required for participation in this business at a professional level. You are a clown who doesnt understand ppfd/efficacy/quality or really most common knowledge of cannabis cultivation.

snakedope

It's not only that (but u are most certainly right)
There is differences between each tech and uses for each
It's like drinking coke instead of water, you will live but processes will start working different in your body. same thing under different environmental conditions, especially light source.

Now let's forget anything we know and pretend we are blank idiots that were born yesterday.
We look outside at our light source, we learn and see that it has characteristics of both light and heat, we see that is both colorful and intense, ok, moving on
Now we go to peoples world, and look at all the beautiful inventions that do their best at mimicking nature, as nature and the one who created it is probably smarter then all of us

Now you see a bulb, which mimic the same principals of your only light source in this world, that has been working over 50 years with exceptional results
On the other hand, you see a 2nd bulb, which light creation properties is no where near nature like, in every aspect, whether it's colors, intensity, etc
Now, you say but bro I put 1 light source I can't veg a lot of space like this ! And I can't deal with all that heat !
That's where LEDs come in, conditions for veg is in their ballpark, low emitting light sources that are present everywhere, why ? Cuz weed like all other plants can survive and even thrive with little light and heat
Veg is winter nature wise, so, low temps, low light, and a lot of water (Remember this tech was invented to grow/veg mainly greens)
Flower is summer related, as more heat and light is required to support all processes that is taking place now
That's where HIDs come in, high light levels, high temp level and basically just a clear sunny day outside all packed in a bulb

In flower, processes are more intense and need a lot of light in order to finish properly, if you give less, the plant will acclimate, and it will show in your final product.
LEDs just don't create enough amount of light that support a complete flowering process (not weed fosure, maybe others yes)
It support the buds, density, yes, you are right, but it's like saying listen bro I got huge oranges from my led grown orange tree but they have no taste 😅 get it yet ?

The only place LEDs do good in flower is in the minds of people that bought them,
The science behind LEDs for weed is bogus, it includes adding up light sources, which is just wrong and ludacris
You cannot add a light source output that's 1 meter away from you with the light source that is near you and tell me your system is 100+ lm monster... Just doesn't work like that in the really world, but hey, facts are nothing today right, fiction is better it seems
The main difference is the HIDs create more light per sec then LEDs, as they are single source they are considered "intense"
Now if someone want to say you can add intensity, this debate is worthless as basic facts are ignored.

snakedope

Ego? At least im posting flowers. Have you shown anyone anything? Ever? I have partners, i cant post any information that is confined within ndas ive signed. But to assume we arent testing is pretty naive. Its standard and required for participation in this business at a professional level. You are a clown who doesnt understand ppfd/efficacy/quality or really most common knowledge of cannabis cultivation.
Wow your posting flowers ! Want a prize ? I wish I had more people here are talking sense and facts then pictures believe me, pictures are not the go to when it comes to Potency Taste Smell or you want to refut that also ?
Don't be a clown, you have no way to contritict the facts that make each tech

It is you who have no clue on light and the science behind it, you got mixed up in the terms and numbers and pulled the trigger too fast
To say you led flowers which look exectly like all medicore led grows all over the world better is a straight joke and laugh at the face of the people who buy dope from u cuz you save money on their backs
You don't wanna handle the bills or tribulations that you need to go through in order to grow killer Bud
You opted for the easy way like 99% of new age info growers
Money talksssss anyone who says else is BS
So keep your g/w and shitty weed for yourself
I'm done explaining basic 3rd grade facts to biased people.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Saying you have test results but can't share them is like me saying I knocked out mike Tyson but can't share the video.....

You are saying you have actual proof but refuse to prove it? Back to pics 😂

Latest posts

Latest posts