What's new

Cloning with JJScorpio

S

StrayToaster

first time success!! :jump: many thanks JJ!! you just saved what could have been a nasty break-up with my NYCD,ChemDD2 and Strawberry X18!! we'll have some continental cheese and voignier a bit later on to celebrate...:thank you: bro

M

michaeljordan

Great thread JJScorpio... I keep coming back to it for info. Personally I use a botanicare cloner with a small sprinkler. 100% success so far. Take it easy.

mj

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Has any one tried SPHAGNUM MOSS as a clone medium.

SPHAGNUM MOSS WORKS TOO!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

92% SUCCESS RATE FIRST TRY.

High Country

Veteran
Here's another one for fellow cloners.

A LEAF CLONE OFF A PLANT 7 WEEKS INTO FLOWER

picture.php

picture.php

That's right, a leaf putting out roots.Cloned in plain tap water. Roots took 20 days to appear.

That's wild HC. Did you just yank a fan leaf off and try to clone it, or did it just happen? Also are you going to try and grow it out? Inquiring minds need to know. that might just eliminate the need for a MOM.

High Country

Veteran
That's wild HC. Did you just yank a fan leaf off and try to clone it, or did it just happen? Also are you going to try and grow it out? Inquiring minds need to know. that might just eliminate the need for a MOM.

Yes I cut the fan leaf off 7 weeks into flower just prior to harvest. It had a flowerlet growing off it. Put the stem into water and under my cloning light. 20 days later, voila, it had roots. I have now put it into a pot with standard potting mix under the clone lights. We will just have to see what happens. I am not confident, but shit, it put out roots.

junkyarddog

In a previous post I mentioned that as strain I grow takes 3 weeks to show roots in a rapid rooter. That's down to 2+ now but the fact is that I'm getting virtually a 100% success rate - something I never got with any of the other methods I've tried. What I'm saying here is different strains take different amounts of time to show roots and a rapid rooter would probably take more time than an aerocloner because the roots have to grow through the rapid rooter and that takes time. So, if your clones look healthy and you're following JJ's method, don't be messing with them. They'll root when they're ready - not when you are.

I apologize if this was already covered but, has any1 used wilt proof instead of a dome successflully.And I read that clones can root in cup of water w/H2O2? which would be an interesting alternative for new growers (instead of overwatering). Or could using H2O2 mess w/cloning gel/Hormones.?

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i just want to thank jj for this thread. i've read the OP several times, and i'm about to start my first clones with this method. (i had stuck a few clippings from a pruning run into a cup of dirt just incase. out of 8 cuttings 2 have rooted.) hopefully i'll get a near 100% success rate if i follow these instructions!

runningonfumes

General Awesomeness

General Awesomeness

Awesome post... I love all the pics everyone is posting- really helps to illustrate what you mean... it's been a while since I took plant bio lol

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's nice to see everyone having such good luck.

Sorry to not be around much but I see everyone helping one another.....

I have a question,

I have to setups side by side all the same and all clones taken the same time.

One try is doing great and the other is not?

Please see pics

bottom temps are at around 79-80 deg and I spray the lids a few times a day. Not sure why one is doing better. Can anyone think of a reson for this?

NWbud

And1M

OK, so I took some clones a while back and got something like 20% success rate this time I wanna do it right.

I read this and other threads on the subject and 4 days ago I took some cuttings and put them under the humidity dome for 1 day. I think keeping them there last time (and heating mat off) is how I got them like this:

These were taken a couple of weeks ago, some of them still no roots and most are dying out.

So this new batch is now 4 days old and I got my first clone showing signs of yellowing

(see top right corner of pic)

What should I do to keep them green and healthy? Dome is off but mat is on keeping them at 25ºC approx. Rockwool is somewhat damp and I have not sprinkled the leaves yet.

Thanks for the help :)

Last edited:

acidone

this has probably been answered already and i missed it, but any one have an idea how to go about caring for one single cutting that was brought by a friend bare branch inside a water bottle?

ok what do you pot heads think about this.rappid rooters for medium,no water in the bottom of your cloner,no nuets whatsoever just cloaning jell,water and mist with just a molasses or honey mix?

Latest posts

Latest posts